The numbers are out !!

manuel said:
luckily houston will be getting 9 MS Proteges :D ill be the owner of one. btw, linux, how can you see any difference between 2-3 MM from a picture?

Hmmm...probably not!:D

manuel said:
luckily houston will be getting 9 MS Proteges :D ill be the owner of one. btw, linux, how can you see any difference between 2-3 MM from a picture?

Super hero vision...Well, maybe not...

ZoomZoomH said:

Well, I think Car and Driver said the MP3 RIDES better than the MS-P. They think the MS-P is way too harsh, hence the 'skateboard-like ride' description :rolleyes:

Sorry, Mr Rolleyes, I didn't have the article in front of me.

big_ben said:

Actually, I know the guy that owns the site because he is here in Dallas, and he gets his info straight from Mazda most of the time. He has some connections there and Mazda will soon be linking to his site. But I still don't believe that the sway bars are bigger. If they are though, I want them for sure!

Even if they are bigger (which is allegedly very slight), I doubt you'd notice a difference.

APEXistud said:
It's October issue. They think that overall, it is one the most complete cars "from the factory", that they've had the opportunity drive. They even say it's better than the Type R in some aspects, which we all know is quite a nice thing to say about a Protege.:D Hope you get te issue soon.

Hi. Thanks for posting the info. Would someone scan a copy and post this article? My neck of the woods probably doesn't sell the Oct SCC issue until Sept. There's nothing on their website either.

I would love to help you out, but I have a MAC and have recently updated to OSX. :( My scanner isn't compatible with OSX. I'm sure someone else can hook you up though.

APEXistud said:
It's interesting to see Car & Driver's view on a great handling import and then comparing it to Sport Compact Cars view on that very same car. I say we take C&D beloved SVT Focus then run it on a track against the MS-P. That would be a very interesting match up. We know how they both look on paper, but how would they do in real life is what counts.

That would be a very interesting match up. The SVT Focus used by SCC had the non-defeatable traction control on it also, so it slowed it down in both the slalom and 1/4. There's not much out right now that can hang with the SVT Focus through the twisties...

It definitely sounds like MS is underrating the power output here. I can't imagine a modern turbo'd 2.0L, even at only 6.9 lbs of boost, only putting out 170hp and 155 ft/lbs.

I'd bet money that a good chip would be able to significantly up those numbers. Similar to the way the VW 1.8T has seen.

Back