The numbers are out !!

Stou..

We're talking about this 'road test' write up in the "the numbers are out" thread...check it out. They already scanned it....no need to buy the mag! excellent:D

Limited Edition, thanks, I'll check the thread.

PJ5, I did it myself and it cost....... lots of time!

almzkid:

I agree with car and driver being "old and stuffy" They've been that way for a long time now. But, the one thing they do well is get quick 0-60 times. I wouldn't doubt that most other mags won't get 6.9 secs out of it.

On another note......you won't be whoppin my ass in no MS once there is a REAL turbo in the old MP3 here :) One that makes some REAL horsepower, not some wimpy 30hp's.

And mine will still be blue :)

Just kidding dude, but your right on about C & D

This is one thing I've always disliked about C&D, they're all old conservative guys who dislike most things Japanease anyhow. I mean don't get me wrong, but they always seemed a little biased towards American built/engineered vehicles. They were ranting and raving about the SVT Focus and they even ranted about the regular focus when it was released.

Anyhow, I'll be looking more forward to Sport Compact Cars & Road & Tracks opinions about the MS-P. I bet the torque steer isn't really that bad, it can't be any worse than a Civic fitted with 17's. I think the slightly larger tires can be contributed to the torque steer they're experiencing.

The MS-P may not have the best tires availabe either. The Bridgestones are great, but they're no Toyo or BF Goodrich (spelling). Those tires could be why the car doesn't get the same numbers as the MP3, hell the driver could be fat or something. Now that we have actual numbers, let not draw too many conclusions from one test drive and one opinion. I think with more opinions, you will have a better overall view of a car. Of course, these are just my thoughts.:rolleyes:

hey limited edition how fast does your mp3 go, i checked out your pictures it looks like a pretty big turbo, what are the specs on your car, and what is the fastest speed you have taken it to?

colin949,

I didn't do any dyno yet but I did some run with a g-tech.

Here's some number but I did it with a relatively smooth start. If I try to start to fast, I got to much wheels spin.

0-60 in 6.4 sec
1/4 mile in 14.6 at 101mph

I'm pretty sure that I can do the 1/4 mile under 14 sec with appropriate tire.

Stou...

s*** that's fast!...i really gotta see your car do high 13's..
if it's capable, then i think you've done an excellent job with your car....
but anyway, 14.6 is awesome! (thumb)

do you have any clips/videos of your BOV?..
What kind of BOV is it? and how much was it?

thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have a camcorder!

The BOV is a FORGE. Forge is a UK company and they do parts for rally and street cars.

Here'S a pic of the model of BOV I have in my car:

FMDVV4010A.jpg

Here's a link to Forge Motorsport

Has no one noticed a problem with the numbers?

Posted 0-60 MPH 6.9 seconds

Street Start 5-60 mph 8.0

Now think about it, they must be smokin crack.

Its already rolling, so wheel spin is less and its already going 5 mph and its a full second slower. WTF is going on here!!!!!!

I think the article is full of poop:mad:

Nick said:

Its already rolling, so wheel spin is less and its already going 5 mph and its a full second slower. WTF is going on here!!!!!!

It's not full of poop. Most cars are a lot slower in the rolling start because the car is already in gear and the engine is at low RPMs. This is a good test for low end torque.

At a standing start, you can rev the engine high and drop the clutch. You may get wheel spin but when your tires get some traction, the engine will be at higher RPMs so you will be producing more power.

I understand what you are saying, but the turbo is already spooled up and should be very close to full psi.

I just don't see why its a full second slower.

I would assume you would lose more than a second sitting still spinning the tires.

Another thing is I read on an interview with Calloway, he said the car was faster than a WRX, in the 0-60 and the quarter mile.

Somehow its slower now, I just don't get it.

I'm no turbo expert, but there is no way a turbo is spooled at 5 mph.

And calloway didn't state it was faster, they said if you drive it just right, you'll be able to get it to break 0-60 in under 7 secs, but that it would be very difficult.

If I remember right, Calloway only stated that the MS would be faster on a course, or track then the wrx....which isn't that hard, even for an mp3.

Nick said:

Just to let you know have you heard of turbo lag. Turbo just doesn't spool up that quick you know. Anyways if you look up any car with a 5mph rolling start you will find a .5-.8sec difference in the 0-60mph. To everyone and each of you who are dissing the MS-P well i really wouldn't diss it cause if you think about it that's a Pretty darn Quick 0-60mph # they've choosen 0-60 in 6.9sec 1/4mile in 15.4sec with only 170hp compared to the Eclipse GS-T 210hp 0-60mph in the 6.7-7sec range and 1/4mile in 15.3-15.5sec. Now come on and tell that the Mazdaspeed ain't quick with the disadvantage over other Turbo's with more HP. 210-170hp=40hp advantage and 217ft'lbs-155ft'lbs=62 do the math and figure out why the MS-P is slow and also an eclipse don't come with a suspension nor a system or sparco stuff like the MS-P does and the Eclipse GS-T price tag is at 23-25000$ while the MS-P is at $20,500 upgrade the turbo bigger injectors, add boost controller, BOV, turbo timer and i'm sure it'll be in the low 14's and you just spent that money to put stuff into it and broke even with the Price tag of an Eclipse and plus your running low 14's in an Spicy orange or Black mica MS-P. IMO:)

I wasn't dissin the MPS. I love the car. I love everything about the car.

What I am mad about is the BS article that says the car is that slow.

I have a turbo car, and it is at least 2 full seconds faster from a 5 mph roll to 60 compared to a standing start to 60 mph.

That was what I had a problem with.

Race someone. Have them sit still and and you start behind them and do 5 mph as soon as you come nose to nose tell the other person to take off and see who gets to 60 mph first and you might change your views on the article.

Back