The MS6 Build-a-Beast is coming very soon...(Pics)

true, i just like to drive around normal though...and then when the opportunity arises open my exhaust off the dp with the push of a button, and rocket away ;).. haha ha. idk

lets keep on track here guys. I have no clue how a nos nozzle has anything to do with my build up lol. I dont want this to turn into 30pages of garbage. Ill be updating with more pics and then driving impression/dyno sheets/ and hopefully track times at the beginning of next years race season.

Not trying to muddy up your thread, but you mentioned your mechanic would rather you run an MBC instead of using CPE's.

To control boost via CPE EMS, you need to mimick factory setup on your factory BC, like the diagram I posted. One part of that setup includes installing a restrictor in the vacuum line, for this I used a NOS jet. You can use whatever you want as a restrictor.

I used a NOS nozzle because it's easy to size up up and is readily availbable.

O my god bro you are the man!

thanx a lot I been having so mucth problems with that!

by nos nozzle you mean this?
I didn't use that, but you can use whatever works. That actually might work as you can put the different jets in there and will hold nicely. I just put the little jet in, but it's not held as well.

awesome, thats sweet...got any pics for us?? or videos, sound clips, etc.

The last set of pics were of the motor back in the engine bay. The car hasnt started yet because i dont have a fuel pump (its getting upgraded) and no video's because it hasnt moved out of the shop.lol ill get lots more hopefully this week!

Sounds great man...real excited for you bro...I want to get my speed to the 400whp mark so I'm gonna have to build my motor, won't I?

Sounds great man...real excited for you bro...I want to get my speed to the 400whp mark so I'm gonna have to build my motor, won't I?

if your very careful with tuning, you should be able to have 400whp for some time. But it will take years off the life of your shortblock and i wouldnt do it without meth/ race gas.

Very nice work man, I will be following this thread.

I too thought about using my MBC to control boost instead of using the EMS. I am still waiting a reply from CP-E regarding tuning on my 71R..

As for axles, they break because the rear dif moves too much. Try strapping the dif and you can dump the clutch as high as 5k rpms with no issues. Of course, doesn't mean you should ever dump the clutch in an awd car lol.

Very nice work man, I will be following this thread.

I too thought about using my MBC to control boost instead of using the EMS. I am still waiting a reply from CP-E regarding tuning on my 71R..

As for axles, they break because the rear dif moves too much. Try strapping the dif and you can dump the clutch as high as 5k rpms with no issues. Of course, doesn't mean you should ever dump the clutch in an awd car lol.

would a rear diff mount help the situation?

hahahahahaha yes, i've only been waiting for 40,000 miles!!!! cp-e is supposedly engineering one..all CAD like. with more mounting bolts i think. the stock one only has 4 bolts, and forrest is right the diff moves A TON. you can move it by hand slightly even brand new actually. SU has a piece of s*** one for sale, that is tougher material..but thats not the problem.
the problem is the mount moves and destroys your axles or the diff mounts bolts shear/break off and the diff is left hanging there to crack its casing. :( i did that...both lol the axle and the casing, 13k miles apart from each other.

cp-e is supposedly engineering one..all CAD like. with more mounting bolts i think. the stock one only has 4 bolts

SU has a piece of s*** one for sale, that is tougher material..but thats not the problem.
no.... CPE is designing one that utilizes the exact same 4 mounting bolt holes. It is MUCH beefier than the OEM version. SU sells the OEM one as they have not made an upgraded one. PG is also in the process of designing one, but their design looks like the OEM one with upgraded bushings (but I could be wrong on that one).

**UPDATE**

Everything is complete as far as the motor goes. I still haven't recieved the fuel pump from mrlilguy. After that its motor break-in and tuning. Here are some pics of the car off of the lift.

11bhshe.jpg

33ykr5d.jpg

2625oo4.jpg

2uiw1fr.jpg

ae9je9.jpg

Last edited:
no.... CPE is designing one that utilizes the exact same 4 mounting bolt holes. It is MUCH beefier than the OEM version. SU sells the OEM one as they have not made an upgraded one. PG is also in the process of designing one, but their design looks like the OEM one with upgraded bushings (but I could be wrong on that one).

then those bolts better be tougher than s***, cuz the OEM mount itself wont break if the bolts can hold the mount secure. the bolts are the weak link. the bushings could also help though!

sorry to hear about your fuel pump being the hold up, i knew the first orders for CDFP would go sour. hopefully any ordered now should be out sooner.

Back