teaser

:
09 CWP MS3
Got evo x's back from the shop after having them refinished. I am likely going the plastidip route at first. Yellow DPS delivers Monday. Need to find a fender rolling and install party.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 103
How soon do need to roll the fenders?

What size tires did you end up going with? And where did you find Contis! They are sold out everywhere lol.

edit: Nevermind, I saw the specs in your signature. They look good!

Last edited:
I need a fender rolling as soon as possible. I can get the tools I just have no idea how to do it. Nor have I seen it done before either.

Lolol 'let me google that for you'. I have dremeled down the rear qrter panel/bumper tab. I tried to use a PVC pipe to roll the fender on stock suspension but the gap was too big for it to have any good leverage over the area of the lip. I heard people have seen cracking even with a fender roller, so I am trying the heat gun and PVC/baseball bat route once I get my coils installed possibly this weekend.

I haven't seen anyone riding evo x's on stock suspension, but it looks like it will hit the fender due to lack of negative camber. My factory alignment has my tires wearing down the outside more than my insides..so hoping the coilovers will add some neg camber without the need for camber arms.

I got my conti's from discount tire who price matched tire rack. Then used the conticlub rebate that's going around. How could they be sold out everywhere??

I had mine done awhile ago with an actual roller and a heat gun. Was definitely worried a bit about paint, but everything went well. We flattened the rears completely - even with -2 in the back I needed the full flush roll.

I had mine done awhile ago with an actual roller and a heat gun. Was definitely worried a bit about paint, but everything went well. We flattened the rears completely - even with -2 in the back I needed the full flush roll.

....with evo x/225/40?? or a diff setup?

koni / rpm springs - far from slammed.
Don't remember the offset.. 39-42? somewhere in that range.

I have them on my Gen2 MS3, but I'm stock ride height, so no issues with fitment. I love how they look on our cars.

8636715975_ab8a549715_c.jpg

8637822310_1a679d5053_c.jpg

I didn't realize you had the DW's until after I posted that comment and saw your sig. The DWS' are out of stock in every Discount Tire in central OH, Tire Rack has them on back order and Tire Discounters has them way over priced at $200 a tire. So maybe they are not sold out everywhere, I'm just having a devil of a time finding some lol. I'm excited to see how the EvoX's look on your car when its all said and done!

If you guys are into Conti's let me know, as I can get you membership to thr Conti Club, where you can get an $80 VISA Gift card when you by a set of 4 tires and $40 when you buy 2 tires. It never expires and they'll give you another coupon to purchase tires that you can share with friends and family.

Latest posts

Back