SS FTC + STi 550s = AMAZING!!!

So the first batch of SS FTC's didn't come with the WB02 input right?

And only the latest version of the FTC at PG includes it now correct?

So the first batch of SS FTC's didn't come with the WB02 input right?

And only the latest version of the FTC at PG includes it now correct?

that is correct. we can order them either way but only do so with the wideband input harnesses.

i sold out last friday of these units, so until i get my next batch there is no need to expedite :)

Hey 6er is that still pretty accurate running 90-93% duty cycle because I am only peaking 17psi on my vf-22 but still seeing high 10's here and there that I am working out but hitting 90% duty cycle. Once I get it to 11.8 I should be closer to 80% but doesn't leave much room for 20psi?

Hey 6er is that still pretty accurate running 90-93% duty cycle because I am only peaking 17psi on my vf-22 but still seeing high 10's here and there that I am working out but hitting 90% duty cycle. Once I get it to 11.8 I should be closer to 80% but doesn't leave much room for 20psi?

yeah unfortunately you are about out of injector. High duty cycles arent good for injectors. If I were you I would go ahead and acquire some 550s if I was able to. Just something to think about.

-Bryan

I'm running 565's! That's what I mean, I was planning for 20psi and am nearly maxed at 17psi!!??

no -- I was running 90-93% duty cycle on my wrx 440s on 17 psi on a gt25/40 turbo.

If you have 565's on the vf-22 that should be plenty -- can you see your duty cycle numbers? I was able to tell because I ran a haltech back in da day

My PLX wideband died on me before I got all my 10afrs spikes leaned out on the top end which should bring me down some. I was low 90% while seeing those 10's!

Oh $hit! Are their any drawbacks in doing this? It won't be real soon since it nearly whipped my a$$ getting to where I am now and realizing how screwed my air temp and coolant temp maps are also as they came from Juan compared to the maps that come from Haltech!

I just didn't think I was anywhere near maxing them out even if i made it to 20psi?? But after having a run-in with my boss and his 1 week old 08 Z06 60-120 and he only had about 2 cars on me I'm feeling pretty good about where i am right now (I had 400lbs in passengers too ON A PRIVATE ROAD)! As soon as my elec. cutout gets here it will also make a big difference.

I'm waiting for my PLX wideband unit to get fixed before I finish ridding myself of the few rich 10.xx:1 spots in my fuel and should be good to go and down around 80% duty cycle!

Last edited:
So i just got done hooking up the SS FTC that ken sentme from PG.

I mated it up with a set of STi Pinks
(550CC).

Did the wiring, hooked it up, loaded up a 440 cc map that i found on the forums, and on the road i went. The car idles nice (a bit rich sometimes) but other than that the car runs so good. It is a little rich getting into boost (pegs 10s around 1-2 psi) but after that at WOT this beast just lets loose.

Specs on my current set up:
SS FTC V3
STI 550 cc injectors
GT3037s turbo .64 AR
Thumper Kit
SS AIC set up (1x760cc)
8.5:1 arias
pauter rods
626 intake mani

etc etc

Let me tell you -- this b**** SCOOTS now!

My prior set up was stock msp ecu w/ an additional injector.
NOW, there is no comparison as to power.

I am really thinking that with this new setup at 15 psi it felt as if it was close to 330-340 whp.

I will try to get it dynoed soon.

Anyways, just wanted to praise Ken and his FTC.

It is really the s***.

-bryan

What's up everyone. New to the forums so please bare with me.

Just finished my MSP build with CP pistons 8 5 1, pauter rods, injen CAI, steedspeed mani, Corksport dp and 80mm turbo back exhaust, ********** full motor mounts, act clutch, stock turbo with updated forged wastegate, stock IM, and stock fuel system. So my question, will the FTC do what I need for right now until I upgrade fuel pump, injectors, and turbo or do I get the ssafc but i do plan on doing those future mods.

Thank you for your time and input.
Gil
MSP #1213

Back