Spool Turbo MP3 Blew Up

"in extreme circumstances the electrode material will have oxidised to the point of turning green"

but they are referring to the plugs sitting for a long time... so I'm trying to figure out what would have oxidized and how in igdrasil's case to cause so much without any other signs of an issue...

TurfBurn said:
did you figure out what that nasty dip in the power around 5.5K was?
LOL, yeah, i knew what it was before I even got to the dyno. MAF voltage limit.

RAAZ227 said:
How come the power curve is so choppy?? It seems it staggers up and down a lot after 5k.
Yes yes, MAF limit. Go check one of my threads about it.

I was also tuning it on the dyno, and smoothed it out a lot. See the one in my sig if you want to see smooth. I still have the MAF issues afer 5K tho.

Hey...careful with maf limit...it will lean out the car...and may cause detonation and s***...
It had happened to me before...

god damn, so 250whp is seriously pushing it for the FS motor? Us BP guys are able to do 350-400whp if tuned right.

Does anybody have an overhead shot of the FS block without the head? They are aluminum right? open deck i assume? Just curious, awesome you took the hit so good too man. (I was in no way trying to bash you either)

I don't believe 250 is pushing it for the cars... at least not with different pistons and rods... the block, crank, and head gasket and so forth are all fine... no problems there.... the MAF is a restriction of sorts in that it maxes out with the air being pushed (as is evidenced by Kooldino).. but that's it there... Those are the things I've heard and read... probably more detail available from someone else..

the block is cast iron... not aluminum.

ya I clearly don't know crap about the FS motor lol. So it's the internals that are weak, the block should be good, nice closed deck iron block I'm sure. I suppose you guys have cast internals then ?

For the record I don't know that much either (but am learning quickly with rebuilding an engine over the next few months etc)... I was just regurgitating information from other threads. Not "knowledge" of any sort that I have... just stuff I've read and have to assume is true. I do know for sure first hand that the block is cast. And I've seen it repeated enough times to know that we have a metal head gasket and cast internals. I also know we have an aluminum head... and supposedly a forged crank. but that's about all I "know." That and there are now several cars at or above 250 hp.

ne3ek said:
ya I clearly don't know crap about the FS motor lol. So it's the internals that are weak, the block should be good, nice closed deck iron block I'm sure. I suppose you guys have cast internals then ?
new_piston_set.jpg

block_top.jpg

Last edited:
TurfBurn said:
I don't believe 250 is pushing it for the cars... at least not with different pistons and rods... the block, crank, and head gasket and so forth are all fine... no problems there.... the MAF is a restriction of sorts in that it maxes out with the air being pushed (as is evidenced by Kooldino).. but that's it there... Those are the things I've heard and read... probably more detail available from someone else..

the block is cast iron... not aluminum.
Thats why we run a bigger MAF on Deans car.

Thanks again

Later............Nick

Kooldino said:
My mistake, 260 something. This pull was in 4th gear. 4th gear pulls tend to show more torque on the dyno we were on.

I hadn't gotten a chance to tune the car since the install of the intake cam, but for an hour before the dyno.
Still I do not see where the camshaft is helping. Here is a 15psi pull from Deans with the mostly stock MSP exhaust system. We did make a downpipe and removed the front cat. @4,000 rpms Dean was up 20 lbs ft at the same 15psi.

Thanks again

Later........Nick

Attachments

• 15psi compare.JPG
    15psi compare.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 144
MPNick said:
Still I do not see where the camshaft is helping. Here is a 15psi pull from Deans with the mostly stock MSP exhaust system. We did make a downpipe and removed the front cat. @4,000 rpms Dean was up 20 lbs ft at the same 15psi.

Thanks again

Later........Nick
I see that you still have that crazy drop at around 5.5K. Is that the MAF issue there... aka before you guys switched Dean's to a bigger MAF or is it something else? I see it isn't in the other curve... so I'm wondering what the change was.

TurfBurn said:
I see that you still have that crazy drop at around 5.5K. Is that the MAF issue there... aka before you guys switched Dean's to a bigger MAF or is it something else? I see it isn't in the other curve... so I'm wondering what the change was.
No thats the way the torque curve builds and then falls off. It may be a little faster then it should be, maybe. The wastegate was not holding good at 15psi. With the new wastegate we will see how it looks when we go back to the dyno.

Thanks again

Later..............Nick

I was referring to the lower of the two curves, the upper one looks good... is the lower one Dana's? As it is rather similar... just confused as to what i'm seeing there.

Back