Soul Red Mica paint is impossible to touch up

Just got my Soul Red. Love the colour. I would never let something like a tough colour match keep me from making a purchase.

The colour is my favourite. Not trying to chicken out. I still have a month to decide as the car is still on the boat to Vancouver.

What happened with the OP's paint job? I have the soul red with a 1/2" paint gouge on the right rear passenger door that is down to the metal but did not dent the door itself. I bought a kit to fix it and now I have something that looks worse and the clearcoat around the repair job is off colored from where I tried to sand it. I have given up making it worse and now I am in search of a repair shop but no idea what it will cost. The dealer recommended someone but I haven't been able to reach anyone there and other paint shops I tried won't fix it. Fortunately I have camouflaged the nick for now with some hibiscus flower stickers that look like a "design element" since every time I walked out to my car I got really pissed off. Whoever did this should have had the courtesy to leave a note and number since they must have known what they did since it was pretty deep. My car was 2 weeks old when this happened.

I am taking the car to a local bodyshop where a buddy works. His response was similar to what somebody suggested: blend and mix a red paint hue similar to the Soul Red Mica and touch up. I'll post pics once this has been taken care of and report back on the quality of work!

Latest posts

Back