SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

Yes, it is now available in at least the US, not sure about Canada. I just got a phone call from corporate customer service about it. I had called back in October of 2014 about the issue with resume and SMS. I was told that they are swapping out the Bluetooth module and updating the software (not the navigation unit software, but the infotainment system) with a new version they just released to fix phone connectivity issues and SMS issues with updated phone and OS support. Once I have the TSB performed I will write back if it fixed the SMS issue or not.

Yes, it is now available in at least the US, not sure about Canada. I just got a phone call from corporate customer service about it. I had called back in October of 2014 about the issue with resume and SMS. I was told that they are swapping out the Bluetooth module and updating the software (not the navigation unit software, but the infotainment system) with a new version they just released to fix phone connectivity issues and SMS issues with updated phone and OS support. Once I have the TSB performed I will write back if it fixed the SMS issue or not.

Definitely interested to hear how this goes.

Anyone have the details for TSB 06-002/13. It has to do with " A Clacking Noise When Starting To Move Vehicle While Steering Wheel Is Turned To Full Left Position". Thanks!

It's actually 06-002/14, supersedes 06-002/13. For 2013-2014 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******417235 (produced Nov. 19, 2013), and couple of more Masdas.

1. The shape of the inner ball joint edge has been changed.
2. Grease has been applied to the inner ball joint edge.

Essentially, replacing the inner BJ + alignment.

Hi and thanks for posting the TSBs on the first page. Is there a way in which this list could be updated? Many other new TSBs were released and some from the first page were replaced. All the best!

I just picked my CX-5 up after having TSB 09-008/15 performed. I can't tell it fixed anything. It still takes several minutes to load up contacts and there is still an issue with SMS sync not working. I am not completely sure they updated the radio software either ( I know how to view the current software that is on my radio but I am not sure what the current version is). I don't have an iPod/ iPhone so I am not sure if it fixed the play back issue or not.

I just picked my CX-5 up after having TSB 09-008/15 performed. I can't tell it fixed anything. It still takes several minutes to load up contacts and there is still an issue with SMS sync not working. I am not completely sure they updated the radio software either ( I know how to view the current software that is on my radio but I am not sure what the current version is). I don't have an iPod/ iPhone so I am not sure if it fixed the play back issue or not.

What model iPhone do you have?

They replaced the BlueTooth module in my 2015 CX-5 FWD Touring, but, didn't reprogram, or apply any firmware updates to the actual infotainment unit, so, it is same as before, works for a couple weeks, then you have to unpair-turn off power-repair, then good for another couple weeks.

Where are you guys seeing this new TSB? I couldn't find info besides on this forum about it. Been bothering them for a fix to the ipod playback and resume issues for over a year now, and just stumbled upon this thread. I called my local dealer this morning, and they said there's no TSB out for my VIN (I have a 2014 CX-5 GT, so is it not applicable to my car for some reason??) Thanks! Hopefully we can all get this annoying feature fixed!

Last edited:
Somewhere in this forum someone posted a scan of the TSB from the Mazda system. Do a forum search, find it print it out, then go to the dealer and show it to them, and tell them you are having the same issue. The problem is if you talk on the phone, they just give you a run around. Make a service appt. , bring in the print out and tell them you want it applied to your car.

Somewhere in this forum someone posted a scan of the TSB from the Mazda system. Do a forum search, find it print it out, then go to the dealer and show it to them, and tell them you are having the same issue. The problem is if you talk on the phone, they just give you a run around. Make a service appt. , bring in the print out and tell them you want it applied to your car.

Great advice. Thank you very much! I'll do exactly that. Frustrating that you have to jump through hoops even after they acknowledge a problem.

Great advice. Thank you very much! I'll do exactly that. Frustrating that you have to jump through hoops even after they acknowledge a problem.

I think it depends on your dealership. I have a 2014 Touring and all I did was call up my local dealership and told them the TSB number over the phone. The woman recognized it and went ahead and ordered the replacement module for me and I went in and had it installed a couple days later with no pushback from them.

I think it depends on your dealership. I have a 2014 Touring and all I did was call up my local dealership and told them the TSB number over the phone. The woman recognized it and went ahead and ordered the replacement module for me and I went in and had it installed a couple days later with no pushback from them.
This is what I did as well. Took about 4 business days for them to get the parts and install them in my car.

Maybe people are nicer in Virgina than they are in NJ

(in regards to the bluetooth module) My dealership supposedly ordered the part last week. This morning I got a call from them saying that it was back-ordered - and no estimate of when they'll get it. I'm hoping that someone manages to get a copy of the full TSB and posts it here...

Latest posts

Back