SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

I need for this to happen...this is my one major issue with this car...

Well, my 2013 (early 03/2012 production) is at the Dealer right now having the driver side mirror issue corrected (warranty expires end of the month). From what I understood, they're waiting on some plastic clips that go behind the mirror. When I looked in the bay today, I saw the mirror was off so I can only assume they're replacing my entire mirror with a newer model. I'll try and confirm that tomorrow when I pick my CX-5 up.

Well, my 2013 (early 03/2012 production) is at the Dealer right now having the driver side mirror issue corrected (warranty expires end of the month). From what I understood, they're waiting on some plastic clips that go behind the mirror. When I looked in the bay today, I saw the mirror was off so I can only assume they're replacing my entire mirror with a newer model. I'll try and confirm that tomorrow when I pick my CX-5 up.

How did the fix turn out?

Out of curiosity... Do I email the dealers about the TSB that's related to the problems I have with the CX-5? Or do I go into the dealer and tell them about it? Or email Mazda HQ?

List of problems so far I've noticed:
-hood and mirror shake
-usb/bluetooth slow start
-small amount of air when using AC/fan blow towards leg when even selected blowing toward person only
-some rattling sound that I have no clue where it might be coming from, but only happens sometime...

Car have about 19400 miles on it

And sometime I wonder if my transmission is bad or maybe the mounts? Can feel every single shift, sometimes really smooth, sometime really noticeable...

Make sure, that you don't have another mirror stuck on the car's mirror. They will blame that mirror, that is causing the problem.

My car is pretty stock... only change I have is the trunk light swap to LED and license plate LED..

Update on TSB #09-008/15. My dealer said originally it was a software fix. That didn't work, they had to order new Bluetooth module. Great. It was on backorder, took some time. Just got it today, got it installed. Started from first sing when I turned it on, but I put it on shuffle and it was a different pattern at least than I had heard before. Turned it off, turned it back on. Seemed to work!! Went to the store. Came out 5 minutes later, turned it on. Reload of music took a couple minutes, red flag. Music started from song 1 again, not on shuffle. Am I taking crazy pills?? What's the fix??

Went to dealer today... Took 2 hour to diagnose ~3 problems: 1) USB/BT issue 2) hood/vibration 3) AC blowing out of leg vent when selected dash only

At first, they told me only 1 verified issue, which was the AC blowing out of leg vent when selected dash only and ordering new parts to fix it.

They told me to check mazda website about compatibility of my phone and pulled up an old TSB, back in 2014... Argued with them a little and showed them the new TSB and took them a while to confirm and found the new TSB that will address the USB/BT problem. So they're also ordering that part for my car...

Sadly, they could not verify my vibration issue.. which is weird...

its a pain to have to argue with a dealer about a problem like the bluetooth/usb one, especially if its intermittent
"could not duplicate" great, so i just get to live it with happening regularly because it didn't happen while you had it...

Went to dealer today... Took 2 hour to diagnose ~3 problems: 1) USB/BT issue 2) hood/vibration 3) AC blowing out of leg vent when selected dash only

At first, they told me only 1 verified issue, which was the AC blowing out of leg vent when selected dash only and ordering new parts to fix it.

They told me to check mazda website about compatibility of my phone and pulled up an old TSB, back in 2014... Argued with them a little and showed them the new TSB and took them a while to confirm and found the new TSB that will address the USB/BT problem. So they're also ordering that part for my car...

Sadly, they could not verify my vibration issue.. which is weird...
I brought mine in for the hood issue. Anticipating an argument, I removed the hood insulator where you could actually see a half dozen broken glue spots. some had actually fallen off. Got my hood reglued with no problem.

are there any for the 2016?? I'd like to know before it gets loaded to ship to me on Monday

Brown's Fairfax Mazda. I actually bought my car at Malloy Mazda in Woodbridge but I've been taking this car and my previous Mazda to Brown's because they've always treated me pretty well. What I liked about getting the module replaced was that they didn't try and make me come in to prove that there was an issue, I just gave the TSB to the technician over the phone and she immediately said they would order it for me. Two days later it was in and the module was replaced in about 20 minutes, no hassles.

I bought my car at Brown's and just dropped by yesterday to schedule an oil change for next month (full syn for $60 with coupon, which is available online at fairfaxmazda.com); I brought a copy of the TSB with me and asked that they order the part and replace it when the oil change is done. The tech called someone to confirm that the part could be ordered without an inspection first and was told yes, so she set up the appointment and said they'd order the part. Easy and straightforward.

I brought a copy of the TSB with me and asked that they order the part and replace it when the oil change is done. The tech called someone to confirm that the part could be ordered without an inspection first and was told yes, so she set up the appointment and said they'd order the part. Easy and straightforward.

Got the new BT module installed this morning. Ipod starts on last song playing (but shuffle must be selected each time I restart). One bummer is that although my phone pairs, it won't download my contacts (which it did before). Oh well, I use the radio way more than the phone, so I'm not too bummed.

Edited to add that I reset my phone and the contacts list has loaded, so all is well.

Last edited:
Update on TSB #09-008/15. My dealer said originally it was a software fix. That didn't work, they had to order new Bluetooth module. Great. It was on backorder, took some time. Just got it today, got it installed. Started from first sing when I turned it on, but I put it on shuffle and it was a different pattern at least than I had heard before. Turned it off, turned it back on. Seemed to work!! Went to the store. Came out 5 minutes later, turned it on. Reload of music took a couple minutes, red flag. Music started from song 1 again, not on shuffle. Am I taking crazy pills?? What's the fix??

My dealer supposedly also performed TSB #09-008/15 on my 2015 CX-5 and it's not corrected anything that i cared about. iPod connectivity is uselessly slow. (i'm half way to work before it starts playing anything and when it does it's the first track). I really dislike this car. I shouldn't be so disappointed with a brand new car. I had hoped to keep this thing for a decade but i'm already looking forward to no longer owning a mazda, and i've only had it 7 months.

My dealer supposedly also performed TSB #09-008/15 on my 2015 CX-5 and it's not corrected anything that i cared about. iPod connectivity is uselessly slow. (i'm half way to work before it starts playing anything and when it does it's the first track). I really dislike this car. I shouldn't be so disappointed with a brand new car. I had hoped to keep this thing for a decade but i'm already looking forward to no longer owning a mazda, and i've only had it 7 months.

You need to read through this thread. It sounds like module wasn't actually replaced.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...e-Bulletin-FIX-USB-playback-and-SMS-Bluetooth!!!

If you don't have version 7.0 it wasn't replaced.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Bluetooth!!!&p=6379602&viewfull=1#post6379602

Just to let everyone know who owns a 2014 CX5. Just had two TSB done....one for the NAV - TomTom and the other listed below...which I made them look for it.

TSB: 09-019/15 2013-2014 CX-5 – HOOD VIBRATION WHILE DRIVING AT HIGHWAY SPEED
BULLETIN NOTE
•This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 09-028/14, issued on 06/27/14, 09-036/13, issued on 12/10/13 and 09-029/12, issued on 07/27/12. The REPAIR PROCEDURE and WARRANTY INFORMATION has been revised.
•Changes are noted below in Red.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2013-2014 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******387092 (produced before September 1, 2013)

DESCRIPTION: Some vehicles may exhibit a condition where the hood vibrates when driving at speeds of 110 Km/h (68 mph) or more.
The amount of sealant used to fill in the space between the inner frame and outer panel at the bottom area of the hood is insufficient. If the sealant detaches (as shown below on the left), it may cause the hood to vibrate. The amount of sealant has been increased during vehicle production and the preload force of the cowl grill seal has been increased to eliminate the concern.

Back