Show Off Your Tint

Tranquil said:
Looks really good 7red7!

Here is my factory tint
1c773waw5s.jpg

Norwegian law says NO!!! to tinting the front side windows.

Gotta like those roof rails.... the NA version missed the boat here...

can someone supply us with a contact to get some of them rails. BTW are they screw in to our supplied rack screw mounts or are these rails permanent addition. If they are temperary is there a lock system??

Last edited:
Zoom5Zoom said:
can someone supply us with a contact to get some of them rails. BTW are they screw in to our supplied rack screw mounts or are these rails permanent addition. If they are temperary is there a lock system??

Hey Zoom - I took a look at where the NA screw mounts are and they are 5" forward of the back part of the front door and 12" forward of the back part of the rear door. If you look at Tranquil's pics - there is no way these would fit in those existing spots.

Attachments

• 1c773waw5s.jpg
    1c773waw5s.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Thanks Mike

I came to that conclusion also in our showroom.... looks like it is a perminate attachment. If its like the MPV we use blind rivits for that roof rack.

Hopefully we'll get some rof rails by the 07' model year...I'd settle for quality aftermarket as well, but I'd love to have factory rails installed :D

Dunno if these show off my tint or not, but just got back from a 3000km round trip in my 5 ... and she performed amazingly.

5mtn.jpg

5prairie.jpg

Here are my pics for the formula one tint. 38% in the fronts and 18% for the back.

Attachments

• car and garden 004.jpg
    car and garden 004.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 377
  • car and garden 005.jpg
    car and garden 005.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 352
Beautiful tint!!! I see the guy in the white Matrix is aweing at your ride...NICE!!! *LOL*

mazda5 28%

here's my baby with formulaone 28% tint all over.

Attachments

• mazda5 007.jpg
    mazda5 007.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 328
  • mazda5 006.jpg
    mazda5 006.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 301
  • mazda5 008.jpg
    mazda5 008.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 267
Alright Bayan

You got to sport a bug deflector with that tint looks just fine. I keep forgetting your 5 in the states you can have 17" with no fog lights.

Zoom5Zoom said:
Alright Bayan

You got to sport a bug deflector with that tint looks just fine. I keep forgetting your 5 in the states you can have 17" with no fog lights.

Thanks.

Does anybody know if the AC on Mazda5 already has a diffuser plate installed?

ntron1 said:
Yup,

Friday in E-Town off 283.
s***, you're near by! State or local? What % tint you running? Primary or secondary offense?

If you want ammo to fight it in court, go here --> http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/vehicle_code/chapter45.pdf PA Vehicle Code straight off PennDOT's website. In that .pdf, go about 1/5 of the way down and look for 4524, letter (e), number (1). This defines sun screening [tint] laws for PA. This is law... it states verbatim...

"(e) Sun screening and other materials prohibited.--
(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle."

As you can see there's NOTHING defining the 70% many people claim for PA. Just that you must be able to see inside the car. This may or may not work in court, but it's at least something to work with... if you plan to pursue it further.

Sorry to hear about that :(

jandree22 said:
s***, you're near by! State or local? What % tint you running? Primary or secondary offense?

If you want ammo to fight it in court, go here --> http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/vehicle_code/chapter45.pdf PA Vehicle Code straight off PennDOT's website. In that .pdf, go about 1/5 of the way down and look for 4524, letter (e), number (1). This defines sun screening [tint] laws for PA. This is law... it states verbatim...

"(e) Sun screening and other materials prohibited.--
(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle."

As you can see there's NOTHING defining the 70% many people claim for PA. Just that you must be able to see inside the car. This may or may not work in court, but it's at least something to work with... if you plan to pursue it further.

Sorry to hear about that :(

Yup, on the way to Bass Pro.

No ticket and no warning though. The tint was not why I was pulled over. I have 35% in front and 20% in back. The State Trooper saw me ride the center line and thought I might be drunk. He commented on the tint but saw my ID and sent me on my way.

Latest posts

Back