Show Off Your Tint

here in georgia I believe they make you put a sticker on the windshield certifying that the tint is legal (35% minimum transmission)

I am gearing up to have this done (or do it myself) I was looking at the http://www.snaptint.com/ website, and they offer several colors of film. What do you folks like or recommend? The smoke looks nice on the web, but there is an additional charge for the charcoal or true grey and I dont honestly have enough experience to know which would be better.

Thanks

p1010010sm2kt.jpg

I have the slightly silver looking type that is supposed to block more heat. I think it looks good with the silver paint.
Sun Tek, Infinity. 50% front, 20% rear.

Last edited:
So, I think I really need to get tint done before the heat of summer kicks in. Can someone tell me about how much it should cost.

Our laws here are 27% all the way around or you can do darker on the rear if you don't do the front at all. Still trying to decide about that. So I may not be doing the front windows.

Last edited:
Here's my baby. Legal in the front, 5% (I think) in the back. It's 3M tints, lifetime warranty and will never fade or turn purple.

Attachments

• mazda5_1.jpg
    mazda5_1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 593
  • mazda5_2.jpg
    mazda5_2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 563
Pinstripe

Hey,
I love your pinstripe.....Was this a kit you purchased or did you have it custom made?
Anthony

ladygrey said:
So, I think I really need to get tint done before the heat of summer kicks in. Can someone tell me about how much it should cost.
I think $200-ish (+/- $20) has been the average.

Kid Red said:
Here's my baby. Legal in the front, 5% (I think) in the back. It's 3M tints, lifetime warranty and will never fade or turn purple.

Hey Kid Red

How much did you tint job cost? Will be doing mine in a few weeks.

Thanks

50% on the front, 30% on the back....

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    773.2 KB · Views: 726
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    796.1 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
Yea, the Mazda place I bought it from did the pin striping. Normally, I hate pin stripe but I thought it completed the look and made my model more unique. I really liked the Mazda 5 incorporated into it.

My tints were $195 for the 3M. THere are two types of 3M, this is the cheaper of the two I think. Lifetime warranty, no fade, and it blocks 50% of solar heat, not just light. So it keeps the 5 cool during hot days more so then normal tints will.

ty KidRed

Can you possibly find out where they got that pinstripping including the Mazda 5 logo and how much it cost.... or is it custom made??

Kid Red said:
Yea, the Mazda place I bought it from did the pin striping. Normally, I hate pin stripe but I thought it completed the look and made my model more unique. I really liked the Mazda 5 incorporated into it.

My tints were $195 for the 3M. THere are two types of 3M, this is the cheaper of the two I think. Lifetime warranty, no fade, and it blocks 50% of solar heat, not just light. So it keeps the 5 cool during hot days more so then normal tints will.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the $$ numbers everyone. I think I'll go get a quote next week. It got up in the 80's here this weekend and that black interior was pretty darn warm.

I just got my windows done this afternoon and they came out great!!! I got the 3M High Performance setup with 20% all around...I paid $265.00 out the door, and got a lifetime warranty on film replacement and labor...No bubbles, swirls, or purple fading gauranteed :D

The 20% tint came out nice and dark and made a great contrast against the Stellar Greensilver paint :D

I'll be sure to put up some pics as soon as the weather gets better and I can get outside to wash and detail it :D

Greenridge said:
I have 20% in the front and 10% at the rear. You can see through the front windows. They look like 5% at night. I have no trouble seeing through the rear window at night.

That 2nd picture looks cool as hell, I really like the Mazda5 in white.

DSC00154.JPG

Car will need a wash soon....as soon as the tint dries

Last edited:
As I begin to look through the yellow pages for tinters in the area, I recall that I have one of those dumb community gate bar code stickers on one of the side windows. Thats on the outside, does the tint normally go on the outside? or the inside? I suppose if it's the outside I'll have to have them remove that sticker and apply for a new one... what a pain.

Thanks,
James

X10James said:
As I begin to look through the yellow pages for tinters in the area, I recall that I have one of those dumb community gate bar code stickers on one of the side windows. Thats on the outside, does the tint normally go on the outside? or the inside? I suppose if it's the outside I'll have to have them remove that sticker and apply for a new one... what a pain.

Thanks,
James

I'm almost certain the tint is on the inside part. they cut out the pattern from the outside but apply it from the inside. you should be ok..

Zoom5Zoom said:
Sweet AL

Have you thought of a pin stripe? Great job. What percentages did you get?

my back is 20% (one below limo) and the front is 32%. I don't really like pin stripe, but I been thinking about putting some black Rotas on this. Do you know what the bolt pattern and offset is on the stock mazda5?

Latest posts

Back