Protege Projector retrofit thread

outctk.jpg

2uooprq.jpg

that's cool! First time i've seen that!

Not my style, but to each his own, props to ya for doing a retrofit and no longer blinding babies with a P&P kit

Well, even more props if you never ran P&P's lol

And i have to agree, i've got HID Retrofits on both my wife's Protege5, my miata, as well as our Yamaha scooter

So, mx-p5... I remember you mentioning a quad bi-xenon retro a few months back. Any progress? Or did I miss an update somewhere in here? I'm thinking about cranking one out this summer if all goes well for other(s).

So, mx-p5... I remember you mentioning a quad bi-xenon retro a few months back. Any progress? Or did I miss an update somewhere in here? I'm thinking about cranking one out this summer if all goes well for other(s).

Yes and no.

Projectors are mounted in one set, but the outer lenses were beyon repair, so I'm waiting to order another set of sedan lights to swipe the new lens off them.

Plus been busy with other retros

Yes and no.

Projectors are mounted in one set, but the outer lenses were beyon repair, so I'm waiting to order another set of sedan lights to swipe the new lens off them.

Plus been busy with other retros

Careful with that. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but the ebay set I got fit like s*** and there were gaps everywhere. Such a waste of $50

Careful with that. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but the ebay set I got fit like s*** and there were gaps everywhere. Such a waste of $50

That's what I'm afraid of

Worst case, I end up just doing another normal retro in new sedan lights but with evo x-r projectors. basically itll look identical to the current retro

then figuring out something to do with the e46 and mini h1's I was going to use

That's what I'm afraid of

Worst case, I end up just doing another normal retro in new sedan lights but with evo x-r projectors. basically itll look identical to the current retro

then figuring out something to do with the e46 and mini h1's I was going to use

The Mini H1's are new, right? I would definitely buy them off you.

I actually had an epiphany last night. Quad projectors, on at all times, BUT... only one pair are bi-xenon. Possibly less complicated? I hate being poor.

Bixenon or not, it's the same effort. Just one more connector to plug in.

And no, they're not new, I stripped both mounting threads so they won't mount the easy way, which is why I decided to use em in the p5 high beam which required cutting to fit

are you gonna run some led's to make them pop? or just let the sun do the job?
I'll leave it up to the sun. Most people will never notice but it would bug me to leave them silver

So, mx-p5... I remember you mentioning a quad bi-xenon retro a few months back.

I did bring up a bi-xenon quad convo with MX-P5 a while back that started this whole thread. I was considering the swap and he posted a video of an awesome quad bi-xenon civic

Last edited:
Bixenon or not, it's the same effort. Just one more connector to plug in.

And no, they're not new, I stripped both mounting threads so they won't mount the easy way, which is why I decided to use em in the p5 high beam which required cutting to fit

I see. Well then it looks like new ones for me. I just need to figure out what's going on this summer so I can get going on these projects and get it done.

I did bring up a bi-xenon quad convo with MX-P5 a while back that started this whole thread. I was considering the swap and he posted a video of an awesome quad bi-xenon civic

That Civic looks mean as hell. I remember seeing that a while back and that's what provoked my brain as well.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fjRLOveVBRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back