Post a picture of your MAZDASPEED3

stuckclboy said:
I agree, i have driven in some realy heavy down pours with no problems, just miss the large deep puddles. and for a cone fillter with the MAF you would have to make some bracket to hold it in a tube kinda like the CAI do and the SRI. basicaly a custom SRI

I don't want to mess with the stock parts and lose money in case I decide to swap it out for something else so I think i'll just suffer with the electric razor sound for now...sounds a little better though since i spread the air box a little

mattness138 said:
I don't want to mess with the stock parts and lose money in case I decide to swap it out for something else so I think i'll just suffer with the electric razor sound for now...sounds a little better though since i spread the air box a little

I know a few people just take off all the platic leading up to the air box and use a drop in K&N, just an idea if you don't want to buy a CAI.

stuckclboy said:
I know a few people just take off all the platic leading up to the air box and use a drop in K&N, just an idea if you don't want to buy a CAI.

what's a drop in? like the flat type of filter? and you mean getting rid of the bottom part of the air box and somehow taping the filter to the top part of the air box...right?

...or do you think i could put a hole in the top of the cone filter and secure the MAF in there and just let the temp. sonsor dangle around in the coolest spot? ....nvm too much work

SO WHAT ARE THE TOP CHOICES FOR SHORT RAMS/COLD AIRS ON THE MARKET FOR THE MAZDA3???
or have yhou guys had any problems with any of em?

mattness138 said:
what's a drop in? like the flat type of filter? and you mean getting rid of the bottom part of the air box and somehow taping the filter to the top part of the air box...right?

...or do you think i could put a hole in the top of the cone filter and secure the MAF in there and just let the temp. sonsor dangle around in the coolest spot? ....nvm too much work

SO WHAT ARE THE TOP CHOICES FOR SHORT RAMS/COLD AIRS ON THE MARKET FOR THE MAZDA3???
or have yhou guys had any problems with any of em?

Yea a K&N flat filter, and no leave the air box alone, there is a plastic tube runing into the bottom were the air comes in to the box some peole have removed that saying its is restrictive, but i don't remember if there were any problems with that. here is a pick of the removed part
CIMG1053.jpg

as for CAI i love my AEM, just wish i had the new filter that does not use oil. Might be ordering one of them. if i got something different i would have got an injen CAI. but hell you could get the mazda speed one (just like the aem but comes with a shield to "help" block water and have the dealer install it might help retain the warenty???
DSC00464.jpg

Last edited:
Here are few pics of my baby ..(bow)

Attachments

• Photo-0124x.jpg
    Photo-0124x.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Photo-0126x.jpg
    Photo-0126x.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 384
stuckclboy said:
Yea a K&N flat filter, and no leave the air box alone, there is a plastic tube runing into the bottom were the air comes in to the box some peole have removed that saying its is restrictive, but i don't remember if there were any problems with that. here is a pick of the removed part
CIMG1053.jpg

as for CAI i love my AEM, just wish i had the new filter that does not use oil. Might be ordering one of them. if i got something different i would have got an injen CAI. but hell you could get the mazda speed one (just like the aem but comes with a shield to "help" block water and have the dealer install it might help retain the warenty???
DSC00464.jpg

hell yeah, thanks!!! i figured i'll go with the AEM and just get a bypass valve to calm my ass about hydro-locking my engine, it gets scary here in GA when it starts raining...puddles everywhere, almost like little lakes. But let me guess, the aem filter with oil helps keeping the moisture away from being sucked in, right? Why do you wanna go with a regular one though?

mattness138 said:
hell yeah, thanks!!! i figured i'll go with the AEM and just get a bypass valve to calm my ass about hydro-locking my engine, it gets scary here in GA when it starts raining...puddles everywhere, almost like little lakes. But let me guess, the aem filter with oil helps keeping the moisture away from being sucked in, right? Why do you wanna go with a regular one though?

Well all their new CAI come with a filter that does not use oil, the problem that can happen with an oiled filter is if you over oil it and that gets sucked up the intake to were the mass air flow sesor is it can mess it up. so AEM came up with a filter that needs no oil but still can be cleaned.

stuckclboy said:
Well all their new CAI come with a filter that does not use oil, the problem that can happen with an oiled filter is if you over oil it and that gets sucked up the intake to were the mass air flow sesor is it can mess it up. so AEM came up with a filter that needs no oil but still can be cleaned.

awesome!!! thanks for all the info, i guess i'll be ordering mine once i get everything squared out with Mitch [protege5online] about the cancelled injen for the p5. okay one last questoin [soory], what do you htink about those motegis? it already came on them and since i didn't pick them i can't decide whether i really like them or not. or what's your opinion on motegis on a 3 overall?

What's up guys, I'm new to the forum, but not the car. I've actually had it for about 2 years now, got it in 04 and got to a slow start on modding, thank hurricane katrina for that. Anyways, here she is. Hope ya'll like it.
IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

No engine bay shots yet, when my camera comes back from my friend's shop i'll snap a few for ya'll.

Mazda3 MPS (Mazdaspeed 3) - Just got it!!

They finally arrived in my country & I am the first person to own one. What do you guys think?

mps_01.jpg

mps_02.jpg

mps_03.jpg

mps_04.jpg

mps_05.jpg

mps_07.jpg

mps_09.jpg

nice pics man, you should post a review of how you like it. I love that color wish we were getting it here in the U.S.

dread said:
nice pics man, you should post a review of how you like it. I love that color wish we were getting it here in the U.S.

Thanks, I will post a review once I have some time, probably over the weekend. What colour are you guys getting? We have a choice of 4; True Red, Cosmic Blue Mica, Aurora Blue Mica, Black Mica. Also when are they being released there?

we get the same colors as you except aurora blue is replaced with sunlit silver. I would take aurora blue if we had it but I think I am going to go with sunlit silver or cosmic blue. I think silver shows the lines of the car well. My dealer told me he will have them in mid september.

@NZ Mazda3: Congratulations; your car looks awesome. Now break it in and enjoy the crap out of it. :)

Back