Post a picture of your MAZDASPEED3

NZ_Mazda3 said:
Thanks, I will post a review once I have some time, probably over the weekend. What colour are you guys getting? We have a choice of 4; True Red, Cosmic Blue Mica, Aurora Blue Mica, Black Mica. Also when are they being released there?

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l~!~!~! CONGRATS, Man!!
The wing and the wheels I'm STILL not quite feeling, but I'd settle for them to get the rest!
And, I too wish we were getting Aurora Blue (much like winning blue) as an alternative to the Cosmic, or the Sunlight Silver.
Move that intercooler to the front lower grille! (lol)
Why aren't they (Mazda) offering any special colors (Spicy Orange, Copper Red, SOLAR Yellow,) ya' know something a little different and exciting? Red, black, silver and a dull, boring blue.... BLAH!!!! Even Rally White would give a good grounding to start something with. Just ask me!! (poke)

jbass said:
650477_53_full.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words, huh? WOW!!! How did I miss THIS before. (peep)
I'm sure your wallet is lighter, but I also bet you've always got a smile on your face too. (rlaugh)
Good work, Man! I, for one, am envious.
One thing though... You might wanna replace that stupid plastic post for the engine cover w/a 6mm (?) nut instead.

NZ_Mazda3 said:
They finally arrived in my country & I am the first person to own one. What do you guys think?

I know you said you will post a review, but since I am slated to get mine in september, im impatient and I have a few questions...what do you think of the clutch? I know that the clutch in the mazdaspeed6 was really touchy and much different from that in the normal 3. Since you have both a 3 and 3mps, what are the differences? Thanks!

Here are some recent pics of my car, mostly stock still.
I've got a shark fin antenna coming, hopefully tint soon.

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

JoSHMaN said:
Here are some recent pics of my car, mostly stock still.
I've got a shark fin antenna coming, hopefully tint soon.

Nice.
I like the yellow fogs. You should look into the blue RockBlockers for the heads. That would look sweet.
I'm also jealous of the roof.
Is it auto or stick?
A little color correction of the pics (back to red. Back off the orange and blue) would make it look even nicer.

Actually I do have blue rockblockers on the headlights, it's hard to tell. Yeah the color isnt quite right in the pics. I just installed my shark fin antenna, I'll post more pics when I can, oh and its an auto.

bbrich57 said:
Nice.
I like the yellow fogs. You should look into the blue RockBlockers for the heads. That would look sweet.
I'm also jealous of the roof.
Is it auto or stick?
A little color correction of the pics (back to red. Back off the orange and blue) would make it look even nicer.

JoSHMaN said:
Actually I do have blue rockblockers on the headlights, it's hard to tell. Yeah the color isnt quite right in the pics. I just installed my shark fin antenna, I'll post more pics when I can, oh and its an auto.

WOW!! I was wondering about that. It looks like the heads are kinda' blue but...?
Here's the deal: It topped out @ 104.5* today here in Texas land, which means that I don't go outside unless the house is on fire... or I'm coming home from work. :D
So, I took the liberty (and I have a soft spot for Velo Red Mica 3's) of playing w/your pics.
Link: http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l...ed HB/?sc=1&multi=2&addtype=local&media=image
In the second pic, (see below) I superimposed my own blue RockBlocker heads on top of yours. That's a 100% overlay, BTW. See what you think.

JoSHMAN2.jpg

As a point of reference, mine w/the RockBlockers, and the picture I took them from for yours:

Picture003W.jpg

Last edited:
about the rx8 rims

rbmazda3 said:
looks like my car! (sssh)

Except for the RX8 wheels of course!! (10)

sup man like the rx8 rims been contemplating a set my self but i was worried about the fittment issues. does it rub in the rear? did you need spacers? how is the clearence from the innerwheelwell! late

Bbrich57, how did you paint that mazda logo that copper color? That looks friggin sweet

Kuro3 said:
Bbrich57, how did you paint that mazda logo that copper color? That looks friggin sweet

Thanks Kuro3! All my badges have been that way for a while now.

CIMG0030W.jpg

I used red Metal-Cast paint. But be forewarned, if you are gonna do it. Prepare for frequent repaints/touch-ups to keep it looking good.... especially in the front. The good news is that the more you do it, the less you need to. The Texas summer sun fades red pretty quickly and stones/bugs/road debris doesn't help either.
I'm on my second full spray job and had to touch up twice before that. I completely gave up on the front plate surround and just took it off.

Very nice. There are a lot of nice looking mazda 3's in this thread. My next car will be a white 3 with the sports package. Never liked white and have seen two in the last week and they look sharp and now I want one but new townhome owns me.

sanblaster1 said:
Very nice. There are a lot of nice looking mazda 3's in this thread. My next car will be a white 3 with the sports package. Never liked white and have seen two in the last week and they look sharp and now I want one but new townhome owns me.

Mine was supposed to be either Rally White, or my first choice, Solar Yellow. My wife HATES yellow cars and the only one in the area (end of the model year) was an Auto w/leather and I didn't want either.
Since white is a value not a color, it does offer you a lot of choices for personalizing it. And I do think the 3's look good in white too. I believe it helps to bring out the lines of the car better. Plus, there don't seem to be that many out there so you don't see yourself coming and going all the time. Titanium Gray comes to mind. No offense TG drivers. (Two of my buds own Tit Grays.)
But I like the Rally White better than the Whitewater Pearl.
My co-worker has an MPV in WWP (she bought it after I was so happy w/my 3) and it really looks like crap unless it's really clean and the sun is shining on it. Then it looks good, but I wouldn't pay another $200 for it.
If I had to choose an available color right now, I don't know what I'd end up with. My three favorites have all been replaced... Rally White, Solar Yellow and Velocity Red!

Last edited:
Kuro3 said:

Morristown!! You're from Morristown, NJ? I'm originally from Easton, Pa. Small world.....
:D

bbrich57 said:

Morristown!! You're from Morristown, NJ? I'm originally from Easton, Pa. Small world.....

Awesome, easton ain't too far off, man. Where are you now?

I love the 5dr in white, but I like 4dr in black better. Has that paint held up in snow yet at all?

Kuro3 said:
Awesome, easton ain't too far off, man. Where are you now?

I love the 5dr in white, but I like 4dr in black better. Has that paint held up in snow yet at all?
Nope! Not far at all.
I've been in the greater Austin, TX area now since March of '95.
We took my 3 up there last fall and it snowed several times. The worst was on the day we were leaving for home... of course. I still had the BadYears on. THAT was fun... NOT!!
We've recently lost one of ours to you guys up there. Perhaps you know Kodiac 3, Sean? Now in Flemington.

bbrich57 said:

We've recently lost one of ours to you guys up there. Perhaps you know Kodiac 3, Sean? Now in Flemington.

Nope, I haven't met any of the forum members in person yet. I keep on meaning to get to the Jersey meets, but stuff keeps conflicting. Maybe at the end of the month.

H00km3Up said:
sup man like the rx8 rims been contemplating a set my self but i was worried about the fittment issues. does it rub in the rear? did you need spacers? how is the clearence from the innerwheelwell! late
no fitment issues at all. matter of fact, probably the best fitment for our cars with the 50mm offset of the RX8 wheels. i've got the sportline kit and have zero rubbing.

bbrich57 said:

haha wow, too bad your in texas now, cuz im originally from Nazareth PA...VERY small world

Ah Nazareth.... Home of the Martin Guitar and the Andrettis.
I grew up 10 miles away in Martins Creek. Visited Martin several times, including having my own worked on in the old building downtown.
A nephew and his wife are living there now. We were just there last fall when we visited.
I don't know about all of it's politics these days, but that is one pretty (re: picturesque) little town.
And you're up for an MS3 too, I see!! Wish I were there.... Very Cool!! Good luck, Man... and watch out for the po-po. They'll be watching for you.

bbrich57 said:

Ah Nazareth.... Home of the Martin Guitar and the Andrettis.
I grew up 10 miles away in Martins Creek. Visited Martin several times, including having my own worked on in the old building downtown.
A nephew and his wife are living there now. We were just there last fall when we visited.
I don't know about all of it's politics these days, but that is one pretty (re: picturesque) little town.
And you're up for an MS3 too, I see!! Wish I were there.... Very Cool!! Good luck, Man... and watch out for the po-po. They'll be watching for you.

yeah yeah, my friend sands guitars at martin... and yes ms3 comes in mid-sept... lets hope those po-pos stay away

Back