Piasini Flash installed

magoo

Ms3/mps 3 Flashed !!

Just a heads up guys. I had the ECU read last week and the piasini flash downloaded. Im # 3 car in OZ to have this flash and the results are very good. Car has more torque and I had a comparison drive (test on private road (sssh)) against an OZ car with performance stats of 0-62mph (0-100kmh) of 5.4 and 1/4 of 13.5 standard. Tested towards end of 3rd gear. results - 1 -2 wheelspin, third hooked up. Stayed within a foot of neck and neck and pulled even in third. Pretty happy with this as I had total wheel spin in 1- 2 while he hooked up from start. This other car also posts traps of around 106-108mph in Aussie car mag tests. Would have pulled in forth Maybe.

I dont even have an exhaust or MM (next on mod list).

Last edited:
holds power higher up than b4 that is certain. It dosent hit that wall from 5500 onwards, I would now shift intentionally over 6k as there is power there now.

whats this paisini flash? i know the name paisini from somehwere but dont remember....something to do with italian cars maybe? idk....anyway where did you get this done? was it a piggyback program or soemthing?

whats this paisini flash? i know the name paisini from somehwere but dont remember....something to do with italian cars maybe? idk....anyway where did you get this done? was it a piggyback program or soemthing?

Its a reflash done to your ECU/PCM. It completely wipes out your factory tune and replaces it with a performance tune. No piggy backs or additional equipment used. Just plug into your ECU/PCM and uploads new software/tune.

The only issue is that you can't return to stock and if you get any dealer work done on your car like a factory ECU/PCM reflash, it will erase your performance reflash...

Its not in the states (US) yet...

is the regular 3 ecu the same ecu as the speed, with differant programming??

wouldtn mind getting one off ebay and getting it pisani flashed and swaping them out..

Actually, it's pretty similar. Same case, same connectors, same model processor inside. Almost all of the wiring is the same. It certainly has much different software installed and has a different part number. It would be interesting to try to see if the differences are really just software, of if there is anything else. The direct injection may have different drivers or something.

Hey there,

The Piasini claim for the flash is around 80NM or 60LBS/FT of torque and 35-40hp atw. The difference is midrange and completely throughout the powerband. People are always chasing peak power gains which is stupid, what you need is solid gains that are usable and that is what you get. Compared to the so-called gains from exhausts/cai/fmic/tmic this is much more noticeable (real). The 30-40hp gains claimed for some of those products are shown up as BS when you feel a true hp gain. All I can give you compared to stock is the comparison run against a car that I wouldnt have touched previously (on first post). Power is held much higher in rev range and I find my self trading shifts with the cars I run, rather than short shifting as previously.

What I can tell you is that "rumour has it" CP-E have the flash in their hands in the US and are going to distribute it partnered to their other products. When a distribution network is in place you will be able to have the car flashed back to stock for dealer visits etc. This is provided no-charge to us here in OZ. A SA car racing team have the flash and are assisting developement which will mean a further improved flash and several flashes will be available in future to suit your state of tune.

Cheers from Australia

Attachments

• mazda_3MPS_2 piasini Dyno.jpg
    mazda_3MPS_2 piasini Dyno.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 958
How are the gains being obtained? Since the factory ECU controls boost are they just increasing it and changing the boost cut or are these ignition/fuel trims or both? Any ecu modification shrouded in secrecy does not get my vote at all.

I've been tuning standalones for years now and I want to be damn sure I know what is going on in terms of ignition timing, fuel and boost before pushing further on others claims.

Its been mentioned before (in another thread) that fuel, timing, and boost are all adjusted.

EDIT* Here's whats been mentioned about it.

Piasini created the reflash tuning the AFR by adjusting the ECU's hard core data like fuel, timing, ignition, etc. Exactly what was done is not sure but has proven effective on several MPS3's.

Last edited:
Fuel/Timing/Boost etc. I can tell you that boost isnt raised more than 2 psi or so. Most gains are found in fine tuning timing/Fueling, they havent gone very extreme with the tune and have left it on the rich side (dont have afr for you sorry). The "boost ramping?" is changed also and the car comes on boost slightly quicker and more agressively. They basically have the ability to change TC and everything if they desire and more will in the pipeline.

ehh i will stick to my factory flash/cam driven fuel pump recall.. i got done last week..

car is different now... i hit redline now with no "fall on your face" side effects.. but ehh.. just my opinion, like asswholes... well you know the rest.

Back