Piasini Flash installed

ehh i will stick to my factory flash/cam driven fuel pump recall.. i got done last week..

car is different now... i hit redline now with no "fall on your face" side effects.. but ehh.. just my opinion, like asswholes... well you know the rest.

Please pm me sir if you would.

No offence but why would you compare your factory update and a full reflash??(braindead. Not trying to start anything but wtf?

No offense but why would you compare your factory update and a full reflash??(braindead. Not trying to start anything but wtf?

Because he got enough of an improvement to make him happy (key words being improvement and happy) with his car and has absolutely zero potential headaches ecu-wise if he has to bring the car in for work. Plus it cost him nothing but time.

a little off topic here...sorry, but why are these cars so hard to tune?
I had a DH(edge evo) in my truck and for $300 i could almost tune everything and that was not a piggy back it reflashed the ECU just like what they did with this guys car...

Hey there,

The Piasini claim for the flash is around 80NM or 60LBS/FT of torque and 35-40hp atw. The difference is midrange and completely throughout the powerband. People are always chasing peak power gains which is stupid, what you need is solid gains that are usable and that is what you get. Compared to the so-called gains from exhausts/cai/fmic/tmic this is much more noticeable (real). The 30-40hp gains claimed for some of those products are shown up as BS when you feel a true hp gain. All I can give you compared to stock is the comparison run against a car that I wouldnt have touched previously (on first post). Power is held much higher in rev range and I find my self trading shifts with the cars I run, rather than short shifting as previously.

What I can tell you is that "rumour has it" CP-E have the flash in their hands in the US and are going to distribute it partnered to their other products. When a distribution network is in place you will be able to have the car flashed back to stock for dealer visits etc. This is provided no-charge to us here in OZ. A SA car racing team have the flash and are assisting developement which will mean a further improved flash and several flashes will be available in future to suit your state of tune.

Cheers from Australia

the problem i've always had with that dyno pic from piasini is that it looks like no stock US ms3 i know of. it holds power past 6krpm, and that's not how our car works here...=/ as many have speculated, there must be a difference in the ECU of the aussie spec MS3, because that just doesn't make any sense...

IIRC, there is a difference in the Aussie speced MS3...they have more HP/TQ in stock form. I think they push 280HP and 300TQ straight from the dealer lot.

IIRC, there is a difference in the Aussie speced MS3...they have more HP/TQ in stock form. I think they push 280HP and 300TQ straight from the dealer lot.

edit: i found a conversion calculator it actually only has 255hp according to Mazda AU. I couldnt find one for tq though.

Last edited:
edit: i found a conversion calculator it actually only has 255hp according to Mazda AU. I couldnt find one for tq though.

I guess in OZ, the horses aren't just "of a different color", but not as strong either (with apologies to "The Wizard of Oz").

255 has been proven from people here in the us with stock ms3's so i dont see a difference. i bet the majority of comparisons are identicle.

the actual tq/hp numbers are irrelevant. what matters is the shape of the tq curve. the aussie "stock" car still maintains power at over 6krpms.

Nah the stock car behaves the same as yours. Falls on its face after 5500 aprox. Power is 190kw or just on 255hp and 380nm or 280 ft/lb tq stock. The differences are related to fuel quality and the ecu is setup to deal with our "lesser" quality fuel, onlu difference. I dont know about these dyno curves we are seeing but the car now pulls past 6k. In response to the dude with mazdas update, there is a big diff between what your rambling about and this flash. You think when mazda updated the fuel pump issue they decided to excede the factory quoted power? and by around 40hp? dont think so, so go join the mazda ecu update thread. No offence but not related to this.

Nah the stock car behaves the same as yours. Falls on its face after 5500 aprox. Power is 190kw or just on 255hp and 380nm or 280 ft/lb tq stock. The differences are related to fuel quality and the ecu is setup to deal with our "lesser" quality fuel, onlu difference. I dont know about these dyno curves we are seeing but the car now pulls past 6k. In response to the dude with mazdas update, there is a big diff between what your rambling about and this flash. You think when mazda updated the fuel pump issue they decided to excede the factory quoted power? and by around 40hp? dont think so, so go join the mazda ecu update thread. No offence but not related to this.

ok, that's good to hear. that dyno is still not worth anything, but i'll definitely take your word for the car holding power past 6k. i'm really glad that you aussies got a good ECU mod. i'm sure you all will have a lotta fun with it...:D

things will be a whole lot harder for piasini in the US, though. we just have too many PNP solutions coming out which are in the same price range as they are. unless they significantly lower their prices here, they're going to have a hell of a time selling at $700...=/ from the beta impressions, the cobb AP is also holding power to redline. this summer is going to be good times for us mazda fanatics...:D

hmm..
The only thing I'm sort of wondering about now is when it comes to the dyno charts that were posted about the piasani flash.
both cars, before and after, held power longer than the U.S. cars, but now you're saying something different. I definitely believe you over the dyno charts, but that would make me assume that the dyno charts were fabricated. Seems sorta sketchy to me, but I could be wrong :-/

hmm..
The only thing I'm sort of wondering about now is when it comes to the dyno charts that were posted about the piasani flash.
both cars, before and after, held power longer than the U.S. cars, but now you're saying something different. I definitely believe you over the dyno charts, but that would make me assume that the dyno charts were fabricated. Seems sorta sketchy to me, but I could be wrong :-/

ya, who the heck knows what's up with the dyno chart, but what i do know is that i can't wait till the AP comes out and i have something to cobble cobble about! (rofl2)

ya, who the heck knows what's up with the dyno chart, but what i do know is that i can't wait till the AP comes out and i have something to cobble cobble about! (rofl2)

You're preaching to the choir.
I want the AP so bad!
I placed my preorder last month.

a local speed shop owner told me he had the ap(mazdaspeed 3 one) in his own hands at SEMA show. He told me last week that the product will be avaliable for sale within a month. BUT no street tuner avaliable yet. It should be out by fall.

a local speed shop owner told me he had the ap(mazdaspeed 3 one) in his own hands at SEMA show. He told me last week that the product will be avaliable for sale within a month. BUT no street tuner avaliable yet. It should be out by fall.

I honestly think that nobody really knows when its supposed to come out. stre et unit in like late march that it was coming out april 14th, and that supposedly came from cobb. Other vendors said the 20th. Im not blaming cobb for the delays, because our ecu is a pain in the ass, but I really hope it comes out soon. I dont wanna have to wait a whole month though.
The beta testing is going really well, I'm hoping I'll have it in my hands within the next 2 weeks.

Back