Piasini Flash installed

It's going to be a very interesting week in this forum after it does come out though. :) Full power to the red line...... ahhhhhhh (godown)

Its a reflash done to your ECU/PCM. It completely wipes out your factory tune and replaces it with a performance tune. No piggy backs or additional equipment used. Just plug into your ECU/PCM and uploads new software/tune.

The only issue is that you can't return to stock and if you get any dealer work done on your car like a factory ECU/PCM reflash, it will erase your performance reflash...

Its not in the states (US) yet...

This statment is incorrect .....

Although it might be a pain in the ass(if you dont have a local sub-agent) If you require your stock ROM back to the ECU it can be done as per Piasini at NO more cost to the costomer. IMO unless its a MAJOR ECU update why have mazda flash you computer....

Besides a little birdie told me there will be a US spec mazdaspeed sporting the Piasini setup by weeks end the details might be intresting????

Last edited:
Yeah keep waiting(cricket); your info is all speculation at this time...

I haven't seen one single agent in the US that works with Piasini for the MS3 whom offers the reflash...
So my statement still stands true at this moment.

Kind of like the Cobb AP...promises...empty promises...(guitar)

Last edited:
Lamo ...Edit: i like your EDIT lol

AutoXRacer said:
The only issue is that you can't return to stock
Speculation works both ways; from Christian Piasini himself "costomers are able to return to stock ROM and no extra service charge to the costomer"..

AutoXRacer said:
I haven't seen one single agent in the US that works with Piasini for the MS3 whom offers the reflash...

Have you heard of CPE?

Last edited:
Lamo ...Edit: i like your EDIT lol

Speculation works both ways; from Christian Piasini himself "costomers are able to return to stock ROM and no extra service charge to the costomer"..

I'm not saying its not possible to return to stock...but it will be very inconvenient since most will have to ship their ECU/PCM to a vendor to get it flashed or unflashed = shipping costs. Piasini directly offers this...but they are located in Europe... Anyone here in the US offering these capabilities today...?

Have you heard of CPE?

I heard CP-E is working on something... Supposedly the Piasini flash is a package deal with their piggy-back computer... Seems like you have to use both... Again, CP-E is not a local vendor for most of us...and the details haven't even be released yet... Product still not released/available for purchase...

Not trying to argue...just trying to say that these are all empty promises... :(

I'm not saying its not possible to return to stock...but it will be very inconvenient since most will have to ship their ECU/PCM to a vendor to get it flashed or unflashed = shipping costs. Piasini directly offers this...but they are located in Europe... Anyone here in the US offering these capabilities today...?

I heard CP-E is working on something... Supposedly the Piasini flash is a package deal with their piggy-back computer... Seems like you have to use both... Again, CP-E is not a local vendor for most of us...and the details haven't even be released yet... Product still not released/available for purchase...

Not trying to argue...just trying to say that these are all empty promises... :(

I understand completely all your points.... I’m just at the same time trying to say there is other options...YES its inconvenient, YES is hard to get right NOW....You see a huge % of the community stroking COBB when they string ppl along on #S and vague statements on when there "GOD" AP flash release date.. ANY other vendor would be shut down for that behavior... I get that Piasini is a rough sell we will have proof soon enough.

Where would honda be if no one gave hondata a chance?

Last edited:
Did Hondata have the same issues/behavior (dragging people along)...?

I personally can't wait for something (tuning solution) to come out!!! I would prefer it to be Superchips personally since they are local to me and have a good track record. Though, I don't really have any optimism that they will release something soon.

Am going to get my stock factory ecu reflashed here in oz, by piasini. Mine is an sp23 yours think is the GT model. Any GT or axelas done this with their stock ecu?

When you first get the AP...you will load stage 2..stage 1 or whatever onto your ECU as the "base map". From then on you can change maps via the 'real time maps'...you can load stage 1, stage 2, valet, whatever you want, as many times as you want and its realtime. The 100 flashes thing only refers to base map flashing. You will only do that when you first get it, if you upgrade from stage 1 to 2 etc, or unmarry the thing to take it into the dealer.

When you first get the AP...you will load stage 2..stage 1 or whatever onto your ECU as the "base map". From then on you can change maps via the 'real time maps'...you can load stage 1, stage 2, valet, whatever you want, as many times as you want and its realtime. The 100 flashes thing only refers to base map flashing. You will only do that when you first get it, if you upgrade from stage 1 to 2 etc, or unmarry the thing to take it into the dealer.

You sure about that? It would seem that any change would constitute writing to the memory, which is what seems to be limited to 100. I could see that on a piggyback, but not on the AP.

Pretty sure...I too was a bit worried about the flashing limit and asked the question to the cobb guys but it has been a few months ago now.

Found it...what I said is correct. The realtime flashing is really more of a 'realtime map switching" and does not count as a flash, as far as the ECU and flashing limits are concerned. Also Cobb has said that they have went over the flash limits before of an ECU but have never ran into any problems or 'bricking' an ecu...personally I'm not really worried about that aspect of it.

Back