Airbag light, nice Mazda dealer experience

:
'14 GT traded for '20 Sig
Had my car in for a dealer oil change (got some free ones as part of new-car purchase) in late May, and ON THE DRIVE HOME my airbag light started flashing, twice followed by once, repeating after 5 seconds. I texted my service advisor, and he of course said to bring it in if it kept going. After stopping at a store on the way home, it stopped flashing entirely, so I let it be, as I was leaving the country 6/1 for two months. My manufacturer's warranty expired 6/6. I drove it for about a week before leaving USA, no problem with airbag light.

So, I get back in August to find my airbag light flashing again. I'm kicking myself for not turning around back in May, when my car was still under warranty. Took it to dealer, and I think it showed a code 1537, if I'm reading my receipt right. The tech reported high resistance measured in the passenger side bag, and after "disconnecting and cleaning all connections, tested ok. Light off and cleared codes." (Made me wonder if my car sitting outside in FL humidity half of each year contributed to that.)

Thought I'd have to pony up some $$, but the dealer charged me nothing for this. Morrie's Minnetonka Mazda, MN. I wasn't even there for an hour. Thanks to them!

(This follows a Mazda dealer in FL neglecting to rotate my tires, even though that was the only service I brought it in for, and so I paid $15 for nothing. Didn't discover that until too late...)

Good business sense on part of the dealer. They know you will remember it and maybe buy another car from them and continue to use them for service.
Too bad all dealers don't think that way.

The tech reported high resistance measured in the passenger side bag, and after "disconnecting and cleaning all connections, tested ok. Light off and cleared codes." (Made me wonder if my car sitting outside in FL humidity half of each year contributed to that.)
IMO car sitting outside in FL humidity can’t be the reason causing the bad connections on your passenger side airbag warning. Or you’ll have the same problem on the driver side airbag.

Thought I'd have to pony up some $$, but the dealer charged me nothing for this. Morrie's Minnetonka Mazda, MN. I wasn't even there for an hour. Thanks to them!
In addition to good business sense on part of the dealer, your text to the service advisor reporting the air bag problem before the new-car warranty expired also contributes the free repair on airbag.

(This follows a Mazda dealer in FL neglecting to rotate my tires, even though that was the only service I brought it in for, and so I paid $15 for nothing. Didn't discover that until too late...)
So not surprising to hear about this kind of stuff.
They probably took the car into the service area where you can't see it being worked on, let it sit for 20 minutes, and then brought it back out.
I do my own tire changes every six months, (summer----winter---summer etc), but if I took it into a dealer, I'd mark each tire with white chalk first.

Latest posts

Back