2021 CX-5 Airbag warning light flashing 3 and 7

The red airbag / seatbelt pretensioner warning light on the left side of the tach started flashing, 3 times then 7 times. Any guidance on what this code means, and how to deal with it, would be awesome.

Aside from the flashing, anything else going on? Is everything working ok?

No other warning indicators showing up?

Aside from the flashing, anything else going on? Is everything working ok?

No other warning indicators showing up?
Everything else is normal. I did just have a very minor piece of bodywork done on the passenger door… may or may not be related. If someone could identify the specific fault code, perhaps that would point me in the right direction. (Back to the body shop vs to the Mazda dealership.)

The Internet says airbag code 37 is passenger seat airbag hi/low resistance. So could be related to the bodywork done.

Sounds like body shop neglected to hook something back up in the door.

Be aware if the dealer determines it was the body shop you'll have to pay the dealer.

Had this happen on my Acura awhile back. Dealer found the body shop did not connect a wire, don't remember what the wire was for but it was something minor and I had to pay the dealer.

All good info and likely confirms my suspicions. Thanks all. Let’s see what the dealer says…. I sense a conversation with the body shop in my near future.

Dealer will charge you.
Body shop will not. I will talk to body shop first if I were you.

Dealer will charge you.
Body shop will not. I will talk to body shop first if I were you.
Yeah, I thought about that. Just don't trust a body shop, no matter how good, to be dealing with crucial safety equipment. I live in Los Angeles and have a family... my airbags need to be in the best shape they can be. If that costs me a buck, so be it. And as I said, there may yet be a body shop convo to be had.

Yeah, I thought about that. Just don't trust a body shop, no matter how good, to be dealing with crucial safety equipment. I live in Los Angeles and have a family... my airbags need to be in the best shape they can be. If that costs me a buck, so be it. And as I said, there may yet be a body shop convo to be had.
Aaaand just to put a bow on it: The cause was indeed a harness not correctly reattached due to the bodywork. Dealer offered to discount the $160 diagnostic and fix to $120, and body shop cordially agreed to reimburse me in full. All's well that ends well, and everybody gets my repeat business. :)

Back