painted oem wheels

b-ron

i just put them on today! what do you guys thinks?

i havent decided weather to paint the center caps bronze as well or black or leave them the stock color. and yes i will be changing the fuel door lol

Attachments

• gold rims 004yea.jpg
    gold rims 004yea.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 757
love the color combo - i want to paint my winter rims bronze for a different look. what paint did you use?

Nice, I was just wondering what the texture looked like, I was thinking about painting mine too, that looks awesome for rust oleum, did you leave the tire on while painting or prep it in anyway other than washing it?

i scuffed it with a green pad then spray 2 coats of primer than 3 coats of bronze.
yes i left the tire on you can rub off the paint with a bbq brush lol thats what i did.

the paint feels a lil rough but not bad, but its even i think its just the flack that makes it feel that way

wow...I really really like it.
I'm torn on the center caps though, part of me says leave em, the silver help tie in the other silver/chrome on the car.

love them. are they really that dark or does it just look that way cuz those pics are taken in shadows? i've seen some brighter ones than yours

im real partial to the bronze on a black car....i always liked the way the STI's looked in them.

Jasnall: me to im still not sure wat im going to do

oaklandopen: here are some pics in the sun but the seting is off on the camera.
the sti is what made me want to go bronze hehe

Attachments

• mazda rims 080.JPG
    mazda rims 080.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 287
  • mazda rims 075.JPG
    mazda rims 075.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 367
b-ron, now all you need to do is paint your calipers neon orange and you'll be in business! Also, for the love of GOD and Jimmy dean sausages don't forget to make that silver gas cap thingy disappear!

Last edited:
For me I dont like the color combo, I just order some momos and will show before and after pictures of the car.

Jasnall: me to im still not sure wat im going to do

oaklandopen: here are some pics in the sun but the seting is off on the camera.
the sti is what made me want to go bronze hehe

lol! I thought I was still buzzin from last night when I viewed the 2nd pic (beer)

b-ron, now all you need to do is paint your calipers neon orange and you'll be in business! Also, for the love of GOD and Jimmy dean sausages don't forget to make that silver gas cap thingy disappear!

i am selling the fuel door and it came with the car i didnt pay extra for it. about the neon orange calipers your an idiot. and since we are talking about making things disappearing how about making you avatar disappear hehe

looks good! Hey since you said your changine the fuel door. Wanna sell that to me?

B-ron, love the look. I am obsesed with the bronze/gold wheel thing. I love the sti with the gold wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back