painted oem wheels

ok everyone be done with that now. let me recap everything that happened in the posts i deleted

ms3077 - "I dont like the wheels/color choice"

everyone else - "I disagree"

now lets move on

ok everyone be done with that now. let me recap everything that happened in the posts i deleted

now lets move on

(rofl) haha btw I really like this color good choice looks nice with black mica :)

now lets move on

thanks for making this thread worth while again!!!! it was so hard for me to paint my rims bronze after i saw your car it looks so clean

thanks for making this thread worth while again!!!! it was so hard for me to paint my rims bronze after i saw your car it looks so clean

ha well it looks clean when its freshly washed, the flat black look from the brake dust sucks, bronze probly hides that better

lol i detail for a living and i bought a black car lol i broke the first rule of being a detailer buying a black car lol haha

i have a ms3 metro gray and im deciding if i should paint my rims black, gold or bronze...which one would look the best on a metro gray ms3?

i have a ms3 metro gray and im deciding if i should paint my rims black, gold or bronze...which one would look the best on a metro gray ms3?

I was thinking the same thing with my CWP, b-ron's look really good its kind of swaying me toward bronze. I guess I'll have to do some photoshop work.

How is the paint holding up on these paint jobs you guys are doing?

I would like to do this but fear it will look like s*** in a few months and just look ghetto.

mine was done by a shop with a paint gun and clear coat. So the water runs right off when washing I dont have to dry them. Looks brand new:

3087711_14_full.jpg

mine was done by a shop with a paint gun and clear coat. So the water runs right off when washing I dont have to dry them. Looks brand new:

3087711_14_full.jpg

Gunmetal or gray rims probably will look good on black mica speed 3. I dont really dig flat black on black cars.

Exact same situation! I have seen some pics where the black looks ok, and in others the black looks so clean/dark/glossy that the paint on the car looks dull. I feel bronze on black, but not on metro gray. Ideas????

Gunmetal or gray rims probably will look good on black mica speed 3. I dont really dig flat black on black cars.

Flat black wheels on black cars CAN looks good, but I agree it's kind of rare. Of course, coming from the Civic/Integra circle, I saw a few pretty nice examples of that ;)

That looks real nice, do you mind my asking how much that cost?

A friend did it for $50/wheel. But used 2-3 coats of paint I believe and clearcoat as well. It was with a professional paint gun. So the quality would be much better than using a normal spray paint can. But I'd have to see other's close up to see how a spray paint can looks.

Does anyone have a hi-tech camera like a D40 or something that shows good detail? If so and you sprayed your wheels yourself, take an angled closeup and post it so we can see the texture. i would think the more flat/textured the more dirty they would get and clearcoated would stay cleaner.

Back