Ordering a CX-5

I personally didn't negotiate because I didn't feel I had leverage. They only had 1 car on the lot that I wanted and my area doesn't have another dealership that I wanted to try to see if they had the same exact car. So given I didn't want to lose this car and it had almost no mileage on it, I said f-it, take the current $500 off MSRP and don't worry about it, since I'm getting this car for the next 10 years.

From what I read of most everyone else's experiences and of my own, I'm not certain you could have done any better by trying to play a game that most Mazda dealers won't play.

Move to appropriate thread.

Last edited:
From what I read of most everyone else's experiences and of my own, I'm not certain you could have done any better by trying to play a game that most Mazda dealers won't play.

Also I don't view the CX-5 Signature as just another run-of-the-mill car that you play negotiation games on. It's high enough on the mid-range luxury spectrum that you have to ask yourself if it's worth it.

If we're talking about a Toyota Yaris, different game.

Also I don't view the CX-5 Signature as just another run-of-the-mill car that you play negotiation games on. It's high enough on the mid-range luxury spectrum that you have to ask yourself if it's worth it.

If we're talking about a Toyota Yaris, different game.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a 2018 CX-5 GT and could not get them to budge on price.

I really think this is Mazda's universal pricing model that does not jack up the reference retail so you can feel as though you've won something. But I rarely buy a new car. I don't have a reference point on what the routine experience is.

That's not at all what I get from some of the anecdotes in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Then again, when they're not specific I take them with a grain of salt.

Some of the *accessories*, such as tinted windows*spoiler, or may be block heater*side moldings are not available from Mazda OEM and can*t get installed at the port.

Maybe my wording them as "accessories" is wrong, but these extras I asked for as part of the deal are definitely dealer installed and not from Mazda direct installed at the port.
The window tint was done at an independent shop down the road, but paid for by the dealer.
The other stuff was Mazda stuff, but only available through the dealer. Sorry about any confusion.
I also asked for and got winter floor mats from them for free.
I tried to get a winter tire package, but that was pushing my luck. Oh well, doesn't hurt to ask.

Aren't all dealer-installed OEM accessories within the 3 year/36K warranty? Don't the dealerships have a way of adding to the vehicle "official" equipment list?
If dealer-installed OEM accessories are part of new car purchase, theyll be like port-installed accessories which are listed on the window sticker, and included in 3-year / 36K-mile new car warranty; otherwise dealer-installed accessories carries normal parts warranty, 12 months / 12K miles.

Mazda USA Warranty said:

WHAT IS THE WARRANTY FOR THE ACCESSORY I PURCHASED?

If your Genuine Mazda Accessory is purchased as part of your vehicle purchase, the accessory is covered under the terms of your Mazda New-Vehicle Limited Warranty of 36 months/36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Contact your local dealer for additional assistance and details.

If a Genuine Mazda Accessory is purchased at a later date or after your vehicle is outside of its New-Vehicle Limited Warranty, then Mazda's standard parts warranty will apply (12 months/12,000 miles, whichever comes first). Please note: Non-genuine accessories purchased through a dealer are not covered by Mazda's vehicle warranty, and some exclusions do apply. For additional questions, please contact the selling dealership directly.

Back