Time frame for Mazda to pick up order and deliver?

NeverEnough

:
2024 CX-5 Signature, 2019 30th Miata, 2018 Hellcat, 2009 Mazda6
We put a deposit down on a 2024 CX-5 Signature end of August and dealer said they submitted to Mazda.

Anyone have an idea of how long before they typically pick up orders and/or how long it should take to build? No options other than Soul Red paint.

Dealer gave a VIN. Contacted Mazda & was told scheduled to hit port in November, but no date for when it will get to the dealer

Your dealer can give you updates. They can also tell you when it gets into production and when its on the ship and when they expect it.
Its usually 1-2 weeks but less than a month till it gets to the dealer after port release.
There was a way to track the exact ship on which it is but I dont recall how. Doesnt hurt to ask the dealer as they also have interest in selling it faster or you can buy another existing car from different dealer :)

We originally bought a 2024, then a 2023 came up. It's sitting in the Mazda parking lot in Mexico. This was July. They say delivery first week in October. So if you ordered a 2024 I HIGHLY doubt you'll see it before the end of the year.

We put a deposit down on a 2024 CX-5 Signature end of August and dealer said they submitted to Mazda.

Anyone have an idea of how long before they typically pick up orders and/or how long it should take to build? No options other than Soul Red paint.
I ordered a 2024 CX-5 Sport Design (1 trim level below a Signature) on August 23rd and was given an ETA of being delivered to my dealership on October 4th. Mazda has a tendency to deliver their higher level trims rather quickly from what I am told.

I ordered a 2024 CX-5 Sport Design (1 trim level below a Signature) on August 23rd and was given an ETA of being delivered to my dealership on October 4th. Mazda has a tendency to deliver their higher level trims rather quickly from what I am told.
Mine is a GT, only thing I don't have is turbo. You should find out if it's even built.

Mine is a GT, only thing I don't have is turbo. You should find out if it's even built.

You ordered a CX-30 though, not a CX-5. CX-30s for the NA market are built/assembled at the plant in Mexico, while CX-5s for the NA market will be built in Japan.

@NeverEnough, your best bet is to communicate with the dealer, see if you can have them text you updates on a regular basis if you need to know where your car is.

You ordered a CX-30 though, not a CX-5. CX-30s for the NA market are built/assembled at the plant in Mexico, while CX-5s for the NA market will be built in Japan.
I know that.

I'm saying, if it's taking this long to get a car that's already built, that's on the same continent, that's simply waiting in a parking lot for shipping, I wouldn't hold your breath for a car that may still need assembly and then requires shipping across the ocean. It is already almost October.

I mean if you want to give false hope, then I guess you do you boo.

I know that.

I'm saying, if it's taking this long to get a car that's already built, that's on the same continent, that's simply waiting in a parking lot for shipping, I wouldn't hold your breath for a car that may still need assembly and then requires shipping across the ocean. It is already almost October.

I mean if you want to give false hope, then I guess you do you boo.

And my point was that the experiences may differ based on where the car is coming from, which seems to be the case. Not necessarily slower or faster, just different. I don't know why it's taking so long for you to get your CX-30, maybe its a Mexico thing or a dealership-dragging-their-ass thing, just saying that experiences may differ.

As one data point, when I ordered my 2018 CX-9 (built in Japan), its was on Dec 22rd of 2017. I took delivery on January 5th, 2018, 2 weeks later. Now, when I ordered the car, I was told that it was allocation that was already on a ship on it's way to the dealership. That was my experience, and I know it was different from many other buyers. That's why I suggested contacting the dealer, to get updates straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

And my point was that the experiences may differ based on where the car is coming from, which seems to be the case. Not necessarily slower or faster, just different. I don't know why it's taking so long for you to get your CX-30, maybe its a Mexico thing or a dealership-dragging-their-ass thing, just saying that experiences may differ.
It's waiting on a railcar. Apparently the rail companies don't just send an empty train of railcars anymore.
As one data point, when I ordered my 2018 CX-9 (built in Japan), its was on Dec 22rd of 2017. I took delivery on January 5th, 2018, 2 weeks later. Now, when I ordered the car, I was told that it was allocation that was already on a ship on it's way to the dealership. That was my experience, and I know it was different from many other buyers. That's why I suggested contacting the dealer, to get updates straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
That's pre-pandemic. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up for a pre-christmas delivery. If it does come, great, I'm a douche canoe. If it doesn't, I toad a so.

Back