Official Perrin Thread

I'm pretty sure that John already said in the other thread that the exhaust is J-pipe back...same thing I have now.

ONRAILS said:
How much is your fmic, and will there be an option to keep the stock bpv setup, and have the pipes in black, or not coated at all so they can be powder coated?

at this point it is $1399.99 est. MSRP. Yes you can use your stock BOV.
All our intercooler pipes are mandrel bent aluminum tubing which is polished to a high luster.

mazdamp3_18 said:
whats pricing on the full exhaust...

Our exhaust includes the cat back system as well as a cat delete pipe. I am not sure what slang terms you use on this vehicle for all the parts. I have heard "j-pipe","s-pipe", "down-pipe", "cat-delete pipe", and "crack pipe" (Ok last one was a joke.) (rlaugh)

Est. MSRP is between 899.99 and 999.99. Final kit will at least include cat back exhaust system and cat delete pipe. It may also include and O2 simulator so no check engine lights will come on.

{Disclosure: These items are manufactured, designed and sold strictly for off-road use on vehicles not controlled by any form of emissions control device, and/or strictly for export beyond the United States. Dealer, its agents and resale customers are all responsible for obtaining verification that end user is going to use said item in its intended fashion. }

Thanks guys

I believe the popular term is "mid pipe". if you are indeed talking about the pipe that has the two cats. the "s-pipe" is the pipe that comes directly off the turbo. there is only one company that has replaced that on their turbo back. ion.

mx3ownzj00 said:
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't so worried about putting in a higher flow radiator as I was just replacing the smaller MSP unit with a regular(larger) Protege radiator.
Doesn't AWR make a narrower radiator for the MSP that allows room for the SMIC but is also thicker for better cooling?

For MAZDASPEED or turbocharged applications, we offer a thick core option, which is 6" narrower to allow for the placement of an intercooler or oil cooler beside the radiator.
got that from here: http://www.axronline.com/store/products/Mazda/Protg/Radiator/Antony-Woodford-Racing/0000-01-3501-Antony-Woodford-Racing-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-RADIATOR-1995-2003-PROTEGE-SEDAN,-MP3-AND-PROTEGE5_4410114.html

mx3ownzj00 said:
For your Front Mount IC, does the charge/cold pipe route through the empty space opened up by the removal of the stock side mount IC? My only concern is the ability to upgrade to a larger radiator.
If the FMIC is the one John showed in the other thread. It appears it goes around the whole where the SMIC was....

i don't know why mazda engineers decided to route our exhaust through Denver to get to DC, but the pipes go as follows (if i remember well enough, its been raining and I havent been working on the 'speed lately): Exhaust mani-turbo-s pipe-j pipe - mid pipe (with the 2 cats) - cat-back. The spipe and jpipe together are collectively the "downpipe" and iON has made a 1 piece cast of them together. Will Perrin's exhaust replace the Jpipe, or bolt to it and effectively make it a midpipe & catback replacement? Do you have anything in development to make a bigger Spipe (the ID of that thing is nearly under 2")?

Black Majik MSP said:
What's that mean Vic? :confused:

I'm more curious to see how the hot pipe fits through on the left side.
LMAO :D
sorry, wrong thread......i do that sometimes. have like 5 witndows open at once.

u guys are right :p

Black Majik MSP said:
I'm just not sure if it leave enough room, etc. I'll have to get off my ass and compare dimensions one day. I think that one is a bit thicker too. I dunno about turbo clearance etc. Also more expensive :(

PERRIN_JOHN said:
I do not. I will see what I can do. I see you linked to a picture on Vivid racing.com. MSRP is 159.99, though I think Vivid sells it for less. Ask your local dealer.

Our MAZDASPEED product lines have not officily been released. As soon as they are all links will work.

Yes, we do have a fuel rail and it will require no cutting or special adaptors. It will directly attach.

How much does the fuel rail run???????

Back