Official Perrin Thread

Downpipe?

I remember reading earlier that you will not be producing a downpipe for your exhaust because you felt the gains were minimal. The MSP section of your website has a downpipe link as "underconstruction." I'm currently waiting for my Perrin exhaust and am planning on getting a GHL downpipe unless you are going to be making one. If someone could clear up my confusion I'd appreciate it.

Your name reminds me of "The Big Lebowski". Bump on the DP question. If they don't maybe all of us who have Perrin exhaust can get a little GB going of GHL's DP with a flange welded on that mates up to ours.

GHL didn't come with a flex-pipe, and the stock one doesn't have one either. My mid-pipe is at Perrin right now getting what I believe is a flex-pipe and an extra o2 bung.

wow i'm pissed. I bought my FMIC for 1330... and they are selling it for 1259.00!!! I coulda really used that money right about now...

GHL didnt come with a flexpipe ? how come ? it doesnt even use the stock springs like perrin.

daedalus said:
wow i'm pissed. I bought my FMIC for 1330... and they are selling it for 1259.00!!! I coulda really used that money right about now...
im guessing its plus shipping so u didnt loose that much

I just spoke to the people at Perrin, and they told me as they said before they will not be making a dp for our cars and the link shouldn't be there. So I guess I need to get into touch with GHL

Before you contact GHL, let's get everyone together who has the Perrin exhaust and get a little Group price for their S-pipe with a flange welded on. I will start a new thread guaging interest. If we get a few of them done maybe we can get them with the flange welded on and get a better price. I think their may be up to ten of us. I will start another thread in a second.

mazdaspdprotege said:
im guessing its plus shipping so u didnt loose that much
Even with shipping, it's still less than $1330. I'm glad I cancelled my order because I was also paying about $100 in sales tax (since ********** is in FL), but I could have ordered it for less & avoided shipping by buying straight from Perrin.

What kind of HP gains can be found through some of the above mentioned mods, i.e., SRI and/or Perrin exhaust?

For that matter, can anyone point me in the direction of a thread with some dyno results for various exhaust systems?

Thanks -

Alex

Back