Mystery MSP Connector?! Help

Greetings all!

I jut joined the MSP family with a "project" MSP which has "seen a lot of things". One of those things is randomly cut wires from connectors.

Upon taking off the intake manifold, I noticed a female and male connector connected together. Once side was connected to the large wire harness that eventually leads into the fire wall around the glove compartment area. And the other wire (greenish color) has been cut, so I don't know what this is supposed to be re-spliced into.

I have a P5 that I've compared the wiring harness to but I can't seem to find this on a P5 so it might be unique to the MSP? Any leads would be much appreciated.

I did notice that this car came with an aftermarket Injent CAI, so I don't know if the turbo cars had additional connectors at the intake than the non-turbo Proteges?

(also disregard the OTHER green single cable in the background... that's been connected an engine start button from the starter directly).

Happy to answer any other clarifying questions.

Attachments

• Overall.jpg
    Overall.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Male.jpg
    Male.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 53
  • Female.jpg
    Female.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 57
  • Zoomed In.jpg
    Zoomed In.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 50
Just to finish off this "thread". If anyone has the same problem, this connects to the Neutral Safety Switch located on the bottom of the transmission, on the same side as the midpipe.

I believe thats it ! After zooming in on your pic. The two greens plug into the pink and black it appears. IMG_8198.jpeg
Then I found a site that sells pigtails. It had the neutral switch, capacitor, and bypass valve as the same plug. First car I’ve worked on that used the same plug for completely different things. Lol

Thanks. The plug with the two green wires on the trans was plugged into the knock sensor. Wth Now just need to figure out where it goes. Lol

Looks like your protege has had an unfortunate life like mine lol. My clutch switch that I took a pic of was literally cut off at the tranny...

Looks like your protege has had an unfortunate life like mine lol. My clutch switch that I took a pic of was literally cut off at the tranny...
Lol. Yeah, I got it from a towing service. It was a mess. Vacuum lines hooked on the fuel rail. Found two wires switched around in the fuse box. The alarm was a mess. Turbo timer. Split second, aftermarket stereo, etc all “wired” in. Its been a nightmare. It will finally run and drive. It just doesn’t want to go. Wants to bog. Like its stuck in limp mode. Which Im guessing now, may have something to do with the knock sensor. I cant seem to find an empty plug for it. Its my sons first car actually. Im getting close to just getting rid of it and getting something else. Lol

An MSP that wants to bog? Welcome to my life. I want to replace my knock sensor as well but won't do it anytime soon. I can see that it is kind of 'melty' in the back. Anyways, since the knock sensor attaches below the intake manifold, you might want to trace the loom(s) that go below the intake manifold to see if if there's any empty socket there. But who knows, they might have cut it off.

You can get your son a Corolla that works, but what's the fun in that? This is what I keep telling myself ha!

BTW, if your SSAFC isn't too mangled I may be interested in it.

Thats where I was looking. Which was the problem. It is apparently right beside the #1 injector plug. So you may be right and its cut off.
He actually likes the old Corollas. AE86’s He really wants a 240 or Miata. Probably needs a Yugo or Smart car. Lol

Back