Official Mazda CX-7 Specs, Pics + PDF!

eh-body said:
Manual = Smart Shifting.
For this reason alone, my brother is looking at the Mazda 5.

Automatic = Dumbing of America. (poke)

Now that is not true at all, some people would like automatics for good resons. Like i will only buy an automatic because I am a trucker and when i get home I want a break from the clutch.So because i want an automatic does not mean I am dumb.

I bet that thing is rather quick. Definitly would not keep up with an FX35 but that suv cost twice as much.

FC3Cturbo said:
I bet that thing is rather quick. Definitly would not keep up with an FX35 but that suv cost twice as much.

Actually it will be quite a bit quicker than the FX35 and not much slower than the FX45.

I can't wait for the automotive press (AutoWeek, C&D, R&T, Edmunds, Speed Channel, etc.) to do a side by side comparison with the new Toyota RAV4 with the 3.5L V6. All the numbers seem to indicate that the Toyota is larger, more powerful, more torque, better fuel economy, and uses 87 octane (CX-7 requires 91 octane). I think that's important given the gas prices and most will have it as their daily driver. The CX-7 has a turbo charged engine and from experience any F/I engine (Turbo or SC) won't last as long as a normally aspirated engine. Depending on how they are equipped, I think the RAV4 even has a lower sticker price. But the proof will be on the tracks. I'm sure the RAV4's base and Limited will have a much softer suspension than the CX-7 but the RAV4 Sport has 18" wheels and stiffer suspension so I'd be very interested to see how they compare.

Last edited:
Actually the RAV4 is smaller and has far less torque. RAV4 is 3670lbs, the CX-7 AWD is 3920lbs. The RAV4 has a fairly impressive 246 ft-lbs of torque, but not until 4700 RPM. The CX-7 has 258 ft-lbs of torque at a very impressive 2000 RPM. The torque curve is perfectly flat from 2000-5000 RPM producing fantastic pull up to 5500 RPM where the auto will shift into the next gear and never drop out of the peak torque range. The CX-7 also has a very agressively geared 6-speed transmission compared to the 5-speed in the RAV4. Because of the weight disadvantage and the impressive numbers I've seen from the RAV4 I will expect the acceleration numbers to be about equal. The driving dynamics on the CX-7 of course will be far superior as will the brakes. I think both vehicles will sell extremely well.

Just to let u know Mazda is for sure not the one to use Direct injection "MZR", and VW/AUDI don;t just use Direct injection in their TDI cars. They have what is call "FSI", like thier 2.0L FSI Turbo engine use in, i don;t know alot of their cars now. and all their engines are pretty much using FSI now.

But one question i would like to ask. Why does the Mazda MZR 2.3L tubro engine use abt the same gas or more as a VW/Audi V6 FSI engine?

icecube said:
Just to let u know Mazda is for sure not the one to use Direct injection "MZR", and VW/AUDI don;t just use Direct injection in their TDI cars. They have what is call "FSI", like thier 2.0L FSI Turbo engine use in, i don;t know alot of their cars now. and all their engines are pretty much using FSI now.

But one question i would like to ask. Why does the Mazda MZR 2.3L tubro engine use abt the same gas or more as a VW/Audi V6 FSI engine?

O yes and when can i order my CX-7 in canada?(lol)

Antoine said:
Shortly? What's the ETA? Post the review ASAP! :D

Production for Canada starts March 1st, which means they will hit dealers last week of April. Not sure if the US production is following the same timeline.

Mazda3 said:
Production for Canada starts March 1st, which means they will hit dealers last week of April. Not sure if the US production is following the same timeline.
may be same here.

icecube said:

All else being equal, power is postitively correlated with amount of fuel and engine consumes. Turbos allow smaller displacement engines to increase O2 in the cylinder therefore allowing the addition of more fuel while maintaining the A/F mixture near ideal. The only reason a turboed car would use less fuel (than a similar NA car with the same HP) would be if it opperated most of the time off boost, and therefore acting as an NA motor. The Audi 3.2L V6 produces 255HP & 243ft-lb vs. 244HP & 258ft-lbs for the CX-7.

In a 3700 pound car, a 2.3L motor is going to spend a lot of time "in the boost" especially with torque figures of 258ft-lbs at 2000RPM.

Last edited:
Correction on my last post, I had a brain cramp or something. The CX-7 starts production in March and should hit Canadian dealers last week of April. Its the Mazdaspeed 3 that production starts in July.(boom07)

Antoine said:
Take any predictions or claims from the dealer with a grain of salt!

Any news about the CX-9?
The new MPV is out in Japan. Do you have any words that it would come to the US with the AWD version?

The reason why I ask about the CX-9 and the new MPV is that I hope that the CX-9 will not just be an alternative to the MPV. I like the look of the new MPV, and a lower center gravity car for safety reason. Of course, there are consumers here in the US with that kind of brain cells that need something like that. Toyota has got it Sienna with AWD for quite some time in the US. I've driven the Sienna, and it's quite not a feast to be in: even I, the driver, get dizzy after a few aggressive turns. Let's not even mention the aesthetic package of the Sienna: one word, bland as my grand-father's car. This day and age, we need something invigorating and exhilarating look. The Odyssey doesn't have it either: it just has the name. The new MPV has it all: agressive look yet stylish, and with up-to-date features such as HID, AWD, and etc...

Sorry, I couldn't find a topic with both the CX-9, and the new MPV. So I figure out that I'll post it along with the upcoming CX-7. (poke)

Last edited:
psychoart said:
Any news about the CX-9?
The new MPV is out in Japan. Do you have any words that it would come to the US with the AWD version?

The new MPV is Japanese market only.

As for the CX-9, I've been told NY autoshow.

Back