Official Mazda CX-7 Specs, Pics + PDF!

ZoomZoomH said:
i think if mazda can undercut the pricing of the Murano, they may be able to steal marketshare from Nissan quite easily

The CX-7 will blow the Murano out of the water. There is no comparison between the two, especially if you enjoy driving. The CX-7 will perform like a Infiniti FX-35. The price proably will be a little cheaper because the CX-7 is classified as a compact SUV (even though it is big for a compact) and the Murano is mid-size SUV.

DE31 said:
i want to see a dyno sheet or some sort of chart for the torque.
yeah I find it hard to believe that 99% max torque is available from 2500 to 5000 rpm, that has to be the flattest torque curve ever, or they got their numbers mixed up.

peepsalot said:
yeah I find it hard to believe that 99% max torque is available from 2500 to 5000 rpm, that has to be the flattest torque curve ever, or they got their numbers mixed up.

The numbers are not mixed up. Its actually 2000 to 5000 RPM. The MS6 is 2500 to 5500 RPM. There is a dyno sheet on the Mazda6 club forum. Nobody has used this type of technology before it is awesome!!

peepsalot said:
what type of technology? direct injection? Hasn't VW been using it?

Yes, Mazda didn't invent it, but they seemed to have perfected it. The Direct Injection Spark Ignition system is the key to all the low end torque.

this is a very nice SUV. I like the lines and the agressive front.
This is an SUV i would get if i had to get an SUV like when i start a family. I think that it has a lot of potential to grab a lot of marketshare; there is no inspiring SUV in its price-range. All the cheap SUVs are ugly and the nice ones (Cheyenne, Touareg) are priced too high.

This is definitely my type of people mover.

Press photo 1600x1200. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 2007MazdaCX7_1.jpg
    2007MazdaCX7_1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 972
peepsalot said:
what type of technology? direct injection? Hasn't VW been using it?
Direct injection is the future of internal combustion engines and I'm glad to see Mazda jump on top of it. I believe VW only uses DI in there diesel models, hence the TDI or Turbo Direct Injection. More power and less emissions, whats not to love?

Exactly what I was thinking..... MAZDA MURANO

FWD, RWD, AWD? The 250ft/lbs of torque might be swallowed up by the extra weight....if they go AWD the performance will be decreased even further due to parasitic loss from the drivetrain.

30k? I'll stick my my 05 STi :) ...Though I have to admit Mazda has it in the bag in the design department. Very sexy looking cars.

Official pricing info isn't released yet. I;m not sure about the US, but in Canada I expect it to be priced about $2k below the Murano.

LazerBlueP5 said:
Exactly what I was thinking..... MAZDA MURANO

FWD, RWD, AWD? The 250ft/lbs of torque might be swallowed up by the extra weight....if they go AWD the performance will be decreased even further due to parasitic loss from the drivetrain.

30k? I'll stick my my 05 STi :) ...Though I have to admit Mazda has it in the bag in the design department. Very sexy looking cars.

Keep in mind that the 258 ft-lbs of torque are at 2000 RPM, not 4400 RPM like the murano. Combine that with the agressive 6-speed tranny and the flat torque curve all the way past 5000 RPM will make for decent performance. I expect it to run about a 15 flat 1/4 mile. Thats competitive with the Infiniti FX45 which is double the price in Canada. And it will blow the doors off the Murano. :)

Back