Official Mazda CX-7 Specs, Pics + PDF!

"Mazda CX-7 is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four-cylinder direct-injection gasoline engine "

Is this the same engine in the mazda3? just non turbo charged? Or did they change it to where its direct fuel injected?

All i'm wonderin is if the 2.3 engine for the mazda 3 is direct fuel injected too?

deepfriedsushi said:
"Mazda CX-7 is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four-cylinder direct-injection gasoline engine "

Is this the same engine in the mazda3? just non turbo charged? Or did they change it to where its direct fuel injected?

All i'm wonderin is if the 2.3 engine for the mazda 3 is direct fuel injected too?

It's a detuned version of the MS6 engine...The basics may be related to the normal 2.3 but be sure it's quite a different animal ;)

dracore said:
Only 23mpg? :(

Thats combined driving in US gallons. Its 28 MPG in Imperial gallons. Should be rated about 33-34 hwy, 23-24 city in Canada.

Wow, very attractive! What to get... what to get.... wait and see the CX-7 or go for the LR3? Hmmm, hehe. (uhm)

I'm going to wait until somebody totals one. Then I'll descend like a vulture and snap up the engine. I've got some ideas for what I want to do with it....(RX-8 swap). The renesis engine is just not doing it for me. I'd like to pick up a high-mileage RX-8 or one with a blown engine and then (with a lot of custom work, I'm sure) swap this engine in and tune it.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't see why anyone would want a manual tranny on an SUV. There were a couple of guys complaining on another board as well. I'm guessing Mazda didn't offer a manual because a very small percentage of actual CX-7 buyers would purchase it. Probably not worth the cost to change the production line over.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't want a manual in anything, but I wouldn't buy one in an SUV.

Manual = Smart Shifting.
For this reason alone, my brother is looking at the Mazda 5.

Automatic = Dumbing of America. (poke)

I am 100% sure that is a ford transmission, soon to launch in the Lincoln Aviator.

Shawn

Last edited:
Funky..I never expected it to have the 2.3L engine. I imagine that is Mazda's MZR 4-cylinder like in the 3? It seems small, but the power is certainly there. Too bad a manual tranny looks out of the question....

kazmaz94 said:
Funky..I never expected it to have the 2.3L engine. I imagine that is Mazda's MZR 4-cylinder like in the 3? It seems small, but the power is certainly there. Too bad a manual tranny looks out of the question....

Read the specs my friend:

Matching the sporty appearance is Mazda CX-7s powerful and dynamic performance. Mazda CX-7 is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four-cylinder direct-injection gasoline engine that produce s 244-horsepower at 5,000 rpm. While key powertrain features are shared with the recently launched MAZDASPEED 6 , the Mazda CX-7 is exclusively tuned to deliver 258 lb-ft of torque at a remarkably low 2, 5 00 rpm, and at least 99-percent of the maximum torque available all the way to the 5,000 rpm horsepower peak. With Mazdas six-speed Sport AT transmission, CX-7 performs as if theres an engine twice the size under the hood. Furthermore, the Mazda CX-7 delivers an estimated 23 mpg in combined driving.

Back