Nocturnalspeed's Welcome & Build Thread

We're waiting for the ARP Bolts for the Quaife. Once those come in, we should be installing it soon along with the clutch and flywheel. I'd also like to get the Haltech put in as well, knock that out and tune as we throw items on.

no you can, but you dont need to lol the reason you weld the LSD is so the backing plate part (not sure of exact name)
falls/breaks off and when that happens, your car cant move
the quaife has a lifetime warranty even when raced, so you dont have to worry about ANYTHING with this bad boy

ahh gotya gotya.. wasn't aware of that

We're waiting for the ARP Bolts for the Quaife. Once those come in, we should be installing it soon along with the clutch and flywheel. I'd also like to get the Haltech put in as well, knock that out and tune as we throw items on.

How easy is the Haltech to tune?

How easy is the Haltech to tune?

Not sure, Ill find out when I install the software I suppose. I'll be wiring up the Haltech for David, so as soon I get it finished, I'll be putting it on and playing with it a bit. Another reason for purchasing the extension harness, i'll play with it on his car when I have time....and easily remove it when he needs to leave. Im sure once we get the MSP running smooth with the Haltech, it'll be on permanently.

I didnt think about that, if it messes up just unplug the son of a gun. That Makes it worth a ton man... This is a sweet build, keep up the good work!

BTW Link to where you got that key chain now!

Last edited:
dude def jealous of your parts collection. and yes im not a big fan of keychains but id rock that one!

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow of all the goodies with the new head. Going to be sick

I talked to X-over and he quoted me 7K for half-a55ing it...and 10K if it's all done right.

that's was when i hate to replace my engine, so i asked around and that was about the going price i was being told.

....man....congrats on saving all this money for this build. I don't have a degree, but i have 12 years experience and plenty of certs (my papers) to prove it. But i just can't drop that kinda money KNOWING i'm not going to get it back. But when it's done take me for a ride LOL!! after all....i let you drive mine LMAO!!!

Don't worry dude, I'll take everyone out for a spin when she's all said and done :)

Whoa, cool keychain lol!

haha, yeah good thing my brother jumped on it quick... they sold like hot cakes as soon as he said he had a few left.

BTW Link to where you got that key chain now!

Spaz Chicken Productions FTW!

dude def jealous of your parts collection. and yes im not a big fan of keychains but id rock that one!

thx dude, she's coming along nicely..

sooo.....are the spacers on yet? lol

No, but I'm "HOPING" (pray) that my brother and I will get them installed along w/ the wastgate actuator this weekend. I have a serious boost leak thats freaking annoying.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow of all the goodies with the new head. Going to be sick

Thx Marc, that would be great.

*Updated*

Finally got around to installing the Ichiba 10mm spacers w/ extended studs this evening. We started a little late and decided to just do the fronts this evening, and we'll finish the rears in the morning with better pics in daylight.

These pics are a "how-to" for the few that we're curious on the install.

We shaved down the studs a bit to make it easier to hammer on with the tight space in the wheel well...The studs still had a snug fit when installed.
Shaved%20Stud.JPG

Installation:

Tap on the thin aluminum brake shield with a hammer to make room for the removal/install of each stud...
Spacer%20Install%201.JPG

We threaded on the Mazda key lock on each stud to hammer them out one by one, so we wouldnt ruin the threads. (*Note, using the basic mazda lug nut to hammer out the stud, will only dent and ruin the lug nut....The outter "shell" is very thin.)
Spacer%20Install%202.JPG

Removal of the stock stud...
Spacer%20Install%203.JPG

Slide in the extended stud and tap in place with a hammer, and repeat for the remaining studs..
Spacer%20Install%204.JPG

After all studs are in place, re-install the rotor and brake.
Spacer%20Install%205.JPG

Slide on the aluminum hub ring and spacer, and your ready to put your wheel back on...(*Note, the factory mazda "closed end" lug nuts had just enough depth to tighten on the wheel. Use open ended lug nuts if it makes you feel better.)
Spacer%20Install%206.JPG

Rear spacers install complete (*note, the Aluminum hub ring did fit properly which made the wheel not sit completely flush. I installed without the hub ring.)
Spacer%20Rear%20Install.JPG

Finished Product

Front
Spacer%20Install%20Front%201.JPG

Rear
Spacer%20Install%20Side%20View%202.JPG

Before
Spacer%20Before%20Pic.JPG

After
Spacer%20Install%20Side%20View%203.JPG

Front
Spacer%20Install%20Front%202.JPG

Front
Spacer%20Install%20Front%203.JPG

Last edited:
^ I updated my previous post with the rear install.

We also got around to installing the ATP Wastegate Actuator, and replacing the old burnt out one that can't hold boost. Took a couple hours for the wga install, and we only needed to remove the stock intake box and plastic pipe. The car feels so much better with the new WGA :)

ATP comparison pictures...
Wastegate%20Comparison.JPG

Wastegate%20Comparison%202.JPG

Installed
ATP%20Wastegate%20Installed.JPG

New Optima Yellow Top
Optima%20Battery.JPG

Last edited:
how much are you boostin with the new WGA? looks great with the spacers btw

Thx! ^

It's holding at 6 psi. Car feels so much better with no hesitation going into boost. I'm loving the spacers and how the car looks now, just need to start adding some power to back her up :)

Last edited:
Recieved the ARP Bolts for my Quaife LSD today. The plan is to install the ACT clutch, Goodridge SS clutch line, Fidanza flywheel & the mack daddy Quaife LSD this weekend.....Install pics this Sunday :)

Tranny%20Install%20Parts.JPG

Last edited:
^ Ha, i really would like another MSP but that most likely wont happen. I dont think I could start over again on the same platform. Besides, I'm having too much fun with my brother's car, he's going way beyond what I could have done ;)

Back