Nocturnalspeed's Welcome & Build Thread

I wouldnt say I'm completely done with the import scene, but I am leaning towards american muscle. Though If I do decide on something foreign, it'll prolly be a 3-series BMW or something of the sort.

Quaife LSD is in and running great, along with the ACT & Fidanza. A few pics were snapped, should be posting them this week...

Wow

As the title says.... WOW, is all I have to say with the installation of the new clutch, flywheel and LSD. I can't be granny shifting anymore lol, the rpm's will make me pay! Noticed a number of improvements with the car so far and loving it!! :)

1. I had really bad wheel hop or rattling sometimes while getting out of first, but all that seems to be fixed. I was told aftermarket motor mounts would do the trick, but it honestly made it worse. While driving back to my house and even going up my driveway was SMOOTH, no vibration, no jerking, just....nice and easy. Not sure if anyone else gets that real bad hoping, but I can tell you right now either that clutch or Quaife fixed that real quick.

2. The clutch is sooo sensitive in first. First time I jumped in the car it died, I was like wtf!? o_O Took a few shifts from a stop to try and get used to the feel. Take my foot off maybe an inch and you need to give gas, vice versa while shifting through out the gears.

3. That Quaife is godly or I'm just trippin... I feel an enormous difference while driving the car. I really can't explain it with out acting fanboyant (I know I just made up a word), but hand to the G.O.D the car feels way more powerful and responsive to the wheels then before, it's like I hoped into a different car, I'm being died serious. Maurice (DiscreetSpeed) drove it before I did to see about the hesitation I seem to still have while driving and he said the car feels great! other then the car running real rich. He asked me what I have done to it and I told him besides tranny goodies and motor mounts, stock. He said throw on a nice tune, get an exhaust and intake and it'll run better.

This is the biggest improvement to my car then anything ive put in. Ok, maybe the GTSPEC goodies were just as good, but this just made driving so much more fun and with a peace of mind :)

AWR Motor Mounts, TWM Short Shifter and CORKSPORT Hangers (WIN) (bowdown)
ACT Clutch, FIDANZA Flywheel and QUAIFE Limited-Slip Differential (WIN) (bowdown)

FYI: Installation of the clutch, flywheel and LSD w/ ARP Bolts took approximately 11 hours... in a garage.

Last edited:
Charles said he'll try and take the cold pipe from the FMIC to get the flange welded in place sometime this weekend when he get back. I'm not exactly sure when we'll be installing the Haltech, because we haven't even played with it yet. It's pretty hard for me to go over there every weekend; guy lives like 5 hours away from me (notcool)

I'm sure as soon as the Downpipe and Cut-out are in are possession we'll get motivated haha.

Just a few pics from the transmission install last weekend....

Quaife%20Install%204.JPG

Quaife%20Install%203.JPG

Quaife%20Install%202.JPG

Quaife%20Install%201.JPG

LSDs%20Side%20by%20side.JPG

Quiafe%20w%20Ring%20Gear.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mazda%20LSD%201.JPG

Mazda%20LSD%202.JPG

...I now have a Mazda LSD in great condition coming up for sale soon, just a little FYI. Not yet sure if I'll be locating a ring gear to weld on, or just selling the LSD as is.

Last edited:
sheeet... better mail a steak my way, with mash potatoes, a side of gravy and veggies. Go ahead and top it off with a sprite.

TBH not really, just been working. Maurice (DiscreetSpeed) is going to get my hks flange welded on my cold pipe or maybe he has already. Should be getting it back this weekend, so that is something to look forward too, haha.

It's still the same old same ol'... paid for the P.E.P 3" Downpipe and Flex pipe already, so waiting for that. Found out I have an exhaust leak in my stock exhaust mani, but I'll be slapping that SteedSpeed manifold on when we work on putting the DP and cutout.

Still having trouble messing with the Haltech EMS. Should be heading to Dallas for Thanksgiving, so we'll probably stop by - Pro Tuning Performance and see if Marc can help us.

I'm hoping to have the FMIC, BOV, SRI, Ex. Mani, DP, CO and if possible tuned with the Haltech (which I'll be able to install my HKS TT and BoostController) before Christmas.

Last edited:
man you really making it come together, congrats man!!

i think i pay mine off completely in February if my calculations are correct. Then comes to the time do i trade it in, or keep it?

IF i trade it, i'll be trading for a CX-7, in which my fiance will be driving and i'll take her 09 Lancer GTS (blue). That car has nothing to me worth putting money into, so that's "adult" path.

IF i keep it, well.....I'll probably de-tune it and try to go for a mileage record and drive it til the wheels fall off. :)

ANYWAY!!!! Car seems to be coming along great. Good luck and i'll keep checking in and see how it's going.

Sounds like things are coming along pretty well :)

Is the block getting built too or is that for down the road...I see all your headwork and components and 800cc injectors??

Back