Nocturnalspeed's Welcome & Build Thread

haha, thx guys. Have to show some love to Matt (ForceFed), his products are a work of art. Everything is done to a T while working on his crafts. The AEM gauges were a nice snug fit, kudos to you ForceFed. Can't wait to put the Radio Bezel in.

Well I think I found out why my car was acting so wierd; turns out my boost keeps fluxuating between 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 then 2, 3, 4, then back down.... We changed all the vaccum lines with the Silicone Vacuum hoses, but nothing changed. We figured it has to be the WGA maybe??

Wideband is consistant through out all the gears, so a positive there. Any tips about how I should be reading it and what to be cautious for? Any help would be reall appreciated.

Overall, I'm loving the new look. I feel fast.... but the car doesn't act like it :( hehe

Your killing me with those cams lol its going to sound sick with those in. As soon as I start school back up I can start buying more parts. I think I'm going to buy all my forged goodies

^ Go for it bro!

I'm seriously thinking about waiting to install everything until I get my forged motor completed. I really don't want to... keep debating on wether I should wait or throw on all the goodies now and get her tuned.

I should be getting a quote soon about how much a fully built shortblock will be. Told JDMSam to create his dream build (evil) and to not holding anything back. Just waiting to see what the damage will be lol

My idea was to go with Aries and Pauter, but I also heard some bad things about aries... It's all big blur when it comes to making your build. I'm just trying to get it right the first time.

I'm going more RELIABLE then all out power tbh. I just want to be able to take it out on the weekends, push some pretty solid numbers and hope she lives up (longevity) to what she's worth. I'm sure most you will say It's all overkill, which fine with me..

Last edited:
^ Go for it bro!

I'm seriously thinking about waiting to install everything until I get my forged motor completed. I really don't want to... keep debating on wether I should wait or throw on all the goodies now and get her tuned.

I should be getting a quote soon about how much a fully built shortblock will be. Told JDMSam to create his dream build (evil) and to not holding anything back.

My idea was to go with Aries and Pauter, but I also heard some bad things about aries... It's all big blur when it comes to making your build. I'm just trying to get it right the first time.

I'm going more RELIABLE then all out power tbh. I just want to be able to take it out on the weekends, push some pretty solid numbers and hope she lives up to what she's worth. I'm sure most you will say It's all overkill, which fine with me..

Just waiting to see what the damage will be lol

Man I'm going too. Yeah I emailed Sam and talked to him about building my short block for me and I'm thinking I might just have him do it instead of me putting the block all together.

I'm with you on the reliable part I have 144,000 miles on my car and I just boosted it, I love my MP3 and would like it to last and the transmission so I wont be going for big numbers when I'm all done I just want a good solid fun car that will deliver.

I hate you and your fat wallet LOL

Chill with the "wallet" and "deep pockets" thing.... I'm fortuneit to live at home (my ma's), have an awesome girlfriend and have a good job (GO TO COLLEGE!!). I been saving this money for almost 2 years eating noodles and paying my own expenses haha.

I just know how to manage my money very well (not anymore).

After I'm done with this car, ima save up for my own place which will be my new hobby.

Last edited:
Take it as a compliment friend, people look at this and are like damn, this guy is awesome for being able to do his s*** up legit and right...I wish I could do that

Nah I mean (2thumbs)

Chill with the "wallet" and "deep pockets" thing.... I'm fortuneit to live at home (my ma's), have an awesome girlfriend and have a good job (GO TO COLLEGE!!). I been saving this money for almost 2 years eating noodles and paying my own expenses haha.

I just know how to manage my money very well (not anymore).

After I'm done with this car, ima save up for my own place which will be my new hobby.

+1 on being good with your money. I'm also a freak on keeping track of my money and how I spend it and what not. I die every time I see you post up new parts haha (just kidding) only if I was done with school I would be able to buy sooo much more for my car.

dont lie we knows you was born with a silver spoon....(popcorn)

nice parts you been getting though.

wiseco pistons are the way to go, they have a friction resistant coating on the skirts to reduce wear...im sure JDMSam will tell you the same thing

i have pauter rods and wiseco pistons, they are pretty good..just fawking expensive lol
if i would have seen the K1 rods before hand i would have got those instead of the 800 dollar pauters haha

+1 on being good with your money. I'm also a freak on keeping track of my money and how I spend it and what not. I die every time I see you post up new parts haha (just kidding) only if I was done with school I would be able to buy sooo much more for my car.

Finish school man! It's crazy what a piece of paper can do for you. (gah)

I have a 2 year degree fyi. It's better then nothing... I can't wait to roll with you guys. I'm dieing inside everytime I see a thread about meets you'll been too. :( I want to rep. Mazda so bad in Houston.

dont lie we knows you was born with a silver spoon....

nice parts you been getting though.

Please nga, you seen my house... haha

Looking for a nice radio to replace the kenwood. Then purchase a dual din gauge holder, similer to my brothers --> CitizenPro After I install ForceFed's center bezel, stockers yours buddy.

@dominoy2k1 - Didn't you sell your mazda and buy a Subaru STI?

LOL carlos, STI?? Sure didn't look like no STI a few weeks ago. (evil)

wiseco pistons are the way to go, they have a friction resistant coating on the skirts to reduce wear...im sure JDMSam will tell you the same thing

i have pauter rods and wiseco pistons, they are pretty good..just fawking expensive lol
if i would have seen the K1 rods before hand i would have got those instead of the 800 dollar pauters haha

Yeah, thats what he mentioned also. I just told him at the end of the day to give me a recommendation on what I should go for and to give me a run down.

Last edited:
This is a very Sick Build thread, I want to congratulate you for not giving up and keeping the good s*** rolling man. Glad to see another MSP getting bigger, better and stronger !!!!!!

Lets all represent and kick some ass out there, Poeple just dont know how crazy these cars rolls when they are well done !!!!

Finish school man! It's crazy what a piece of paper can do for you. (gah)

I have a 2 year degree fyi. It's better then nothing... I can't wait to roll with you guys. I'm dieing inside everytime I see a thread about meets you'll been too. :( I want to rep. Mazda so bad in Houston.
I hear you on that one, I'm going to get my masters. Dude 2yr degree like you said you said better then nothing. man this upcoming pz meet you need to come too.

Back