Nocturnalspeed's Welcome & Build Thread

no offense to 505, but IMO it looks like they could have done better welding on that manifold
but its still a beautiful piece regardless

coming from a welder... and the original owner of that piece... the welds and craftsmanship are beautiful on that!!! sadly the black looks hella badass and clean, but it emphasizes the welds in that picture and certain light.

they don't protrude like that in person.

great build david, keep it up!

no offense to 505, but IMO it looks like they could have done better welding on that manifold
but its still a beautiful piece regardless

First thing I noticed too when I pulled it out of the box. But after closer inspection, the welds are not too bad.....the black finish does indeed make it seem sloppy. I also was surprised on how light the manifold is, I know its aluminum....but I guess I didnt know what to expect.

Hopefully when you start messing with the engine it goes well...I regret/love that I Turbo charged it lol

Edit: Also when do you think you'll be doing the forge build? I would love to help with that.

I should be saving for the "forged shortblock build kit" sometime after August. Then there is no telling how long (low_psi) will take with the head he's working on. When the time comes I'll holla at you!

you guys are making me want a protege.

Awesome car man and build.

GO FOR IT! Keep the Protege's ALIVE! (rockon)

coming from a welder... and the original owner of that piece... the welds and craftsmanship are beautiful on that!!! sadly the black looks hella badass and clean, but it emphasizes the welds in that picture and certain light.

they don't protrude like that in person.

great build david, keep it up!

Thanks dude, glad you could stop by. :)

if you want to get rid of the oem radio surround let me know i need a new one.

I gotchya mang... Should stop by charles's house one of these days when we have a big install. I'll keep in touch.

Whoa those are some nice looking parts. Cant wait to see them on the car.

Thanks! That cluster gauge pod is SIcK! in person. Mad props to (ForceFed). Can't wait to install the AEM gauges in it, hopefully this weekend.

(uhm) damn.... never thought about that. Aren't aftermarket rad. different though? I'll check it out when I see my brother one of these days. Should be installing my gauge pod w/ AEM gauges this weekend along with others.

Yeah there different thats why you need a particular cap. I learned this after installing mine. Alright cool

Another Package:

ACT Heavy Duty Street/Strip Clutch 268 TQ
ACT%20HD%20SS%20Clutch%20268%20TQ%203.JPG

ACT%20HD%20SS%20Clutch%20268%20TQ%202.JPG

ARP Exhaust Manifold Studs
ARP%20Exhaust%20Manifold%20Studs.JPG

Walbro Fuel Pump 255 lph
Walbro%20Fuel%20Pump.JPG

Vibrant Vaccum Hose Pit Pack
Vibrant%20Vac%20Hose%20Pit%20Pack.JPG

HKS SSQV BOV Version III
HKS%20SSQV%20V3.JPG

HKS%20SSQV%20V3%204.JPG

HKS%20SSQV%20V3%203.JPG

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Lost install pics: FOUND!

Installed Corksport Exhaust Hangers & DaveB Rings...

Corksport%20Urethane%20Hangers%20Installed%202.JPG

Corksport%20Urethane%20Hangers%20Installed.JPG

Original%20DaveB%20Rings%20Installed.JPG

I must say, props to Corksport on some excellent hangers. I personally think there worth every penny. I noticed a nice feel while shifting through out the gears. A little more consistant response and peppness if you know what I mean.

Of course the DaveB Rings look great, whats not there to love. :)

Overall, highly recommended products.

Last edited:
Installed a few items this morning with the help of my brother, CitizenPro.....We threw on ForceFed's Dual Gauge Pod with the AEM Boost and Air/Fuel Wideband gauges.

I must say, ForceFed's gauge pod is absolutely amazing. The fit and finish is spot on, and the AEM gauge bezels were made for this as you see in the pictures..

ForceFed%20AEM%20Preinstall%201.JPG

ForceFed%20AEM%20Preinstall%202.JPG

AEM%20Preinstall%202.JPG

ForceFed%20Preinstall%203.JPG

ForceFed%20AEM%20Install%201.JPG

ForceFed%20AEM%20Install%202.JPG

ForceFed%20AEM%20Install%203.JPG

All comments welcomed :)

Last edited:
During the installation, the Postal Service dropped off a few items.....

Integral 2.5 Turbo Cams, SuperTech SS Valves 1mm Oversized, Dual Valve Springs & Titanium Retainers w/ all the fixings
Integral%20Cams%201.JPG

Integral%20Cams%202.JPG

SuperTech%20SS%20Valves.JPG

SuperTech.JPG

SuperTech%20Retainers.JPG

SuperTech%20Valve%20Dual%20Springs.JPG

Last edited:
Back