Nocturnalspeed's Welcome & Build Thread

Hey how much did Sam quot you to build the head? I'm debating on doing that or just replace the Valve Seals and have the bottom end built.

^ The head is getting built through another source in DFW, not Sam. Though he is suppose to quote David on a built bottom end sometime this week.

Parts to compliment the PWR radiator arrived today...

Protege5 Radiator Brackets
Protege5%20Rad%20Brackets.JPG

12" Spal High Performance Fans
Spal%20Fans%203.JPG

Spal%20Fans%202.JPG

I hear you on that one, I'm going to get my masters. Dude 2yr degree like you said you said better then nothing. man this upcoming pz meet you need to come too.

also doing a 2 year degree
im on my 3rd year though (i hate calc)

^ The head is getting built through another source in DFW, not Sam. Though he is suppose to quote David on a built bottom end sometime this week.

Any idea who is or is it a friend doing it for him? I would be happy to know what he quotes him for the block

Any idea who is or is it a friend doing it for him? I would be happy to know what he quotes him for the block

The block is going to be built by Sam@ cross overauto, and the head is currently getting built by Marc@ Protuning Performance.

This is a very Sick Build thread, I want to congratulate you for not giving up and keeping the good s*** rolling man. Glad to see another MSP getting bigger, better and stronger !!!!!!

Lets all represent and kick some ass out there, Poeple just dont know how crazy these cars rolls when they are well done !!!!

Thanks man, you're one of the reason's why i'm taking it this far. The numbers you put up on this car are wicked and only helping me through my build.

I love these threads!!!!(cool)

Me too! :D

also doing a 2 year degree
im on my 3rd year though (i hate calc)

Don't feel bad bro, took me 4 times to pass algebra and went to college for 3.5 years before I walked.

Doesn't matter how long you take... just get it done.

Last edited:
I talked to X-over and he quoted me 7K for half-a55ing it...and 10K if it's all done right.

that's was when i hate to replace my engine, so i asked around and that was about the going price i was being told.

....man....congrats on saving all this money for this build. I don't have a degree, but i have 12 years experience and plenty of certs (my papers) to prove it. But i just can't drop that kinda money KNOWING i'm not going to get it back. But when it's done take me for a ride LOL!! after all....i let you drive mine LMAO!!!

Got some new updates.....

Spent some time in DFW this past Labor Day weekend, and while I was there stopped by Pro Tuning Performance in Fort Worth. I dropped off my Integral cams and other internals for the head that Marc is getting built for me....I also gave him my 505 intake mani & steedspeed exhaust mani for port matching while he's in there :) ....Im sure he'll post some pics soon along with what exactly he's doing to the head.

New Shipments have arrived as well!!

Quaife Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
Quaife%20LSD%201.JPG

Quaife%20LSD%202.JPG

Quaife%20LSD%203.JPG

LSD Mazda Genuine Installation Kit from Cross overauto
LSD%20Install%20Kit.JPG

Haltech Platinum Sprint 500 EMS
Haltech%20EMS%201.JPG

Haltech%20EMS%202.JPG

Haltech%20EMS%203.JPG

So you guys get an idea of how small this Engine Management is...
Haltech%20EMS%204.JPG

Haltech%20EMS%205.JPG

ECU/PCM Extension Harness for Plug-N-Play use of the Haltech
ECU%20Extension%20Harness.JPG

ATP Wastegate Actuator
ATP%20Wastegate%20Actuator.JPG

...and last but not least, the part I've been waiting for all week!!:)

MSP%20KeyChain.JPG

MSP%20KeyChain%202.JPG

Last edited:
no you can, but you dont need to lol the reason you weld the LSD is so the backing plate part (not sure of exact name)
falls/breaks off and when that happens, your car cant move
the quaife has a lifetime warranty even when raced, so you dont have to worry about ANYTHING with this bad boy

Back