New Red Tails for MS3

Cysco

Here it is guys. My first mod to my MS3. Thanks to www.bluebatmobile.net for making these overlays. Im still not sure if I dig the red. I know I like it because its different. I wasnt a real fan of the altezza style clear tails that came stock on the mazdaspeed 3.

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

Beleive it or not the set that I have installed on the car in these pics came in damaged. The mailman cramed the package containing the vinyl overlays in my mail box and actually folded the package in half. The vinyl was all creased and wrinkled. Not www.bluebatmobile.net's fault. I blame the mailman. Anyway www.bluebatmobile.net is sending me another set so I thought I would see what I could do with the damaged set. After a lot of stretching with a heat gun I got the overlays on....but when you get close to the lights you can see where the vinyl was creased. Ill take these off and put the new ones when they come in. If anybody has any questions about installing the overlays please feel free to ask. I do have a couple tips to give off hand.

1. Use wet application. Water, alcohol, dish soap. Spay on with spay bottle.
2. For the love of god use a heat gun. Our tails have a huge curve in them
and you have to heat the vinyl to stretch in over the curve.
3. Dont get frustrated and take your time.
4. The installation is easier if you remove the tails and install the vinyl overlays.

eh.. not digging it. Red doesnt really mix well with cosmic blue. .. meh.. Remind me of that Harlequin baby eye.

hey, be happy 'cause its your car so have it your way!

I chose to get the smoke gray side markers and bumper lights.

Either way, I agree, matching up the colors looks better than stock.

might try to use a piece of the original vinyl (when you replace it) to cover the 3rd brake light up on the rear spoiler. then everything will be red.

i think they look good. its a diffrent,unique, but no one can tell its not from
factory. not bad.

i think i speak for most when i say the black tails look better then these red ones - black just goes better with other colors. And this all red tail especially clashes with the grey blue paint you got... but if you like it cheers!

i dont know if i really like it but i think its because its different than what im used to seeing which isnt always a bad thing. plus when people say it doesnt match, look at the factory reflectors....similar in color id say. plus the smoked covers can be easily over done and look just plain old tacky (in some cases). nice job on the next unique mod for the ms3.

Very nice job on the install Jordan! I like it. Please forward your addy to me again via email. I will gladly ship another set to you ;). If you want a different finish, let me know. You can also do smoke over red, that would look hot! Let me know bud..

Bat™

i think i speak for most when i say the black tails look better then these red ones - black just goes better with other colors. And this all red tail especially clashes with the grey blue paint you got... but if you like it cheers!

Red doesnt do it for me... too retro 70's/80's look... but if YOU like it that really is all that matters... nice job on the install indeed though..

(notcool) But Black would look nice..

Too much red for me. I like the black accents the car comes with on the lights, not the bumpers though.

Very clean install, but I'm not sure that I feel the colour. I'll have to come back to check it again later to see if it has grown on me.

R

I dunno, I like it myself. I think it makes the back end for more streamlined. It would look really good on true red. I think its a good mod, might not be everyone's taste but I salute you.

I think the biggest problem is this car looks so good stock its hard to improve on it :). Seriously... the black taillights are really nice, but these are nice too. I noticed this when I look at people putting rims on these cars. Its really hard to improve upon what's there already I think.

Thanks for posting pics!

Last edited:
how much? This happens to have been my only gripe about the car. The altezza lights are beat, cheapens the car IMO. That red will look good on the black cars(likemine) cause all the other accents are red.

Red Tails for MS3.....Take 2

Ok guys I think this is what the red tail were missing....reverse cut outs. Maybe it was too much red. Tell me what you guys think now.

Better or Worse or still not feeling the red.

Before
IMG_4802-1.jpg

After
IMG_4802after.jpg

If you guys like pic 2 I will have to see if its possible to get WWW.BLUEBATMOBILE.NET to make them with pre cut reverse lights.

Back