new paint idea... tell me what you think!!

i don't understand why mazda would make such a normal color on such a rare car. thats why i wish i had a yellor, blue, or spicy msp. there are millions of other silver cars. but you do have a point. its rare enough to where it doesn't matter if it has a normal color it still stands out

blue really isn't as rare color either because it was available in 3rd generation reg proteges just as silver was, but what makes the color rare is they only made 500 sunlight silvers and 650 laser blue MSPS. but blazing yellow and spicy orange were only on the MSP. Regardless of the color its still an MSP and rare!

Last edited:
no i think i'll leave it silver because i plan on keeping this car for the rest of my life pretty much. because i know 50 years down the road when i have one of 500 mazdaspeed protege's it'll be worth A LOT. so having the stock color paint will add to the worth. i just wish i had a more unique car. it looks too much like every other car. there are so many other silver cars out there. hell i've had people think my car was an elantra because it looks like it from a certain angle. so i wanta spice it up somehow without taking away the awesomeness of having a very unique car

do what you like the most its your car and if you want to paint it pink the more power to you but if your are looking for a sick color and if your buddy is gonna paint it and if he can get the paint get like lambo orange you would be the only one and it would look hot with the black acents as well but thats my two cents good luck picking a color

but blazing yellow and spicy orange were only on the MSP.

Titanium was a MSP only color as well, wasn't it? I've never seen another Protege in Titanium, anyway.

he can get the paint get like lambo orange you would be the only one and it would look hot with the black acents

And just like Lambo doors, it would be a travesty.

If you want to change the color or have it 18 different colors, go buy a regular Protege, or a P5, or any other cheap car that thousands were built of. Don't do it to an already unique and rare as hell car like a Sunlight Silver MSP. Or better yet, sell it so someone who likes it can enjoy the Silver, and buy yourself a Blue MSP.

That's like Painting a Harlequin VW flat black, or a Mystichrome Cobra, Grey.
This!

Or why not just buy the color you want in the first place, instead of buying a MSP and completely repainting it? I know they're hard to find, but that's where patience comes into play. Sometimes you have to wait to get what you really want. After my MSP was totaled, I searched for almost four months before I found a G35 Coupe that was exactly what I wanted -- and I still had to drive two states away to get it, and considered myself lucky that it wasn't farther.

yeah.. i just wanted to get everybody's opinion because it is a rare car and i wanted to respect this community

dude i wish mazda would have mad a white msp!! they look soooo sick! they did great with the yellow and the spicey and the titanium but the silver and blue are kinda normal.. but its all good i love my car!!

Latest posts

Back