new paint idea... tell me what you think!!

steffenaj14

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
so here's my idea..

i'm in love with laser blue. and for those who know me i have a sunlight silver msp. i also just bought the bc2 body kit which will need to be painted here soon. and i found one of my friends who can paint it and he looked at the car and said, "why don't we just repaint the whole car, it could use it" well he was right it's paint isn't the best. my thought process was well if he can paint the whole car well why don't i do something crazy with it.. so i thought since i like laser blue so much why don't i try doing the car in laser blue, the rear bumper part black (like dandan's) the side skirts black, and keep the front bumper blue with a black auto exe lip. also do the auto exe grille black and follow the lines on the hood and go black on that, black on the roof, and black on the top middle part of the spoiler. and for now paint the stock rim's black then once i get some cash get some 17's or 18's and kick her lower and get a little better stance

so if do you think that would look good? just give me any and all of your opinions! thanks

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0028-1.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

so basically this but with the side skirts and autoexe lip painted black and mine is a msp

I think it would look good.. but i might be a bit biased.... and mine is not paint, thats a cf grill, hood, spoiler, and roof cap will be done in CF over the winter.

Last edited:
lol i actually thought of the idea before i saw your car... but i want to do something completely unique and creative.. i don't want to be anything like anyone else's protege.but i don't want anything crazy and completely wild ya know?

My only thing, if you are going to repaint a complete car do it right, door jambs, engine bay, under mouldings. If not it will look cheap and tacky and ruin what was a unique car when it left the factory..

yeah i know. i will make sure everything is done right. i don't want it to be like that lime green eclipse or the primer civic with 6 different random colors driving around. i'll get it done right.

i was thinking of once i graduate from college, painting my msp the blazing yellow mica, from sunlight silver. I wanted to buy a yellow one but were way to ridiculously priced!

Just repaint it yellow and do the black idea still. Ive seen it on blue to many times IMHO

Just repaint it yellow and do the black idea still. Ive seen it on blue to many times IMHO

I would be upset with you if you did that....i want to eventually do that to mine with my own little modifications of course...

lol i was brainstorming and i want something totally original and i was thinkin about some crazy design to go down the side or on the lip or something.. like you said i've been seeing too many people with that type of idea.. i don't know. it'll be at least a month or two.. and i might just wait till after i get the snow out of the way. but i like to brainstorm! i like graphitti so would some sweet graphitti down the doors be sweet?

Everybody does x/black, if you wanted to be more unique you could try blue/silver so the door jambs wouldn't look out of place being silver. Although, it might look like crap lol

i like the way you're thinkin silverspeed. and i agree black is used by everyone. i want something unique... maybe instead of painting the car blue and doing black i could just repaint it silver (since the paint is pretty bad), do titanium accents with blue pin striping maybe. maybe no blue.

I wouldn't repaint an MSP, they are too rare but everyone has their own opinion of what rare is. They made 500 silver MSPs so they are the rarest color along with yellow.

yeah i kinda leave its silver or repaint it silver. changing the color of side skirts and lips isn't too bad, as its alot easier to repaint back. like some one else said they only made 500 sunlight silvers, and im sure some of them were totalled so there isn't even that many anymore

If you want to change the color or have it 18 different colors, go buy a regular Protege, or a P5, or any other cheap car that thousands were built of. Don't do it to an already unique and rare as hell car like a Sunlight Silver MSP. Or better yet, sell it so someone who likes it can enjoy the Silver, and buy yourself a Blue MSP.

That's like Painting a Harlequin VW flat black, or a Mystichrome Cobra, Grey.

Last edited:
to be honest with you i used to like the yellow msp's when i went to buy one thats what i wanted, but now the more i look at them im liking the silver, they look clean! But all msps look amazing regardless

Latest posts

Back