New LED Lights...Tell me what you think!

the fog lights are type 9006. www.v-leds.com have them in white LED which would match the HIDs or you can find Xenon Halogen bulbs in hyper white color (5900k) like mine.

man, your CX-9 looks sweet!

where did you get your Xenon Halogen (5900k) from? I've looked on ebay but, some of them look kind of cheap and I'd like my CX-9 to look just as nice as your ride!
thanks

got my fog from that cheap ebay seller and works great til now.it was hipro 5900it's so much better than OEM.

if ever i change fog in my mazda3, i'll get the 3000k and still get from ebay.

cheap cost doesn't always mean less quality

Has anyone with a Copper Red Mica CX-9 changed the front lights to LED? If so, what color did you use? I want to swap mine out, but not sure of what color to use.

Lighting on car

sredir

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sred...49233&authkey=Gv1sRgCPbZ5cnwjNyrWg&feat=email

Above is the link to the lighting in my car. I also changed my reverse bulbs to LED and the license plate bulb. It would not come out since I took all pics during the day also took them with my phone (not best resolution). One thing that erked me was the fog light being a different color that the main HID. Just like the pice with yellowish light shining on the wall and the HID above it. So changed the main bulb to 6000K and add an HID 6000k kit for the fogs. Tell me what yall think. Also I agree with everyone worrying about legality on the blue bulbs. I changed the parking light to a orange LED bulb sine the original owner changed it to some blueish incandescent bulb.

Last edited:
Fog lights are supposed to be a different color. Amber, to penetrate the fog better. When it's foggy.

That said, how do the parking lights and others look with LEDs? Can you post sources and numbers?

Last edited:
Which bulbs?

the fog lights are type 9006. www.v-leds.com have them in white LED which would match the HIDs or you can find Xenon Halogen bulbs in hyper white color (5900k) like mine.

Hey Randy - I like the look of your fogs (my wife's biggest complaint about the 9 is that the fogs don't 'match' the headlights.) - can you guide me to the exact bulbs you're using so I don't screw it up?

THANKS!

Ted

I am wanting to replace the License Plate and Courtesy (4 @ 2825's) and the Map and Dome's (4@ DE3175). I am at superbrightleds.com, and having a little trouble.

Will the 3022-x9 fit for the Map and Domes (DE3175) or do I need x4's? They are also available in High Power.

Also the WLED (which replace the 2825's) there are regular and then High Power. Then on top of that they come in X1, x4, x5 and x6. If I select the x4, it asks me to select a viewing angle of 32 and 90 degrees????? Not sure which to get.

If you have done these, please advise what type you used and cost. I want to order, but man I am confused???? (eek2)

Last edited:
You're in the same boat I am - I want to change out the fogs for ultra white bulbs - but when you get to the site, there are a gazillion choices. Hopefully Randy or someone else who has done this can speak to the EXACT bulbs needed.

I am wanting to replace the License Plate and Courtesy (4 @ 2825's) and the Map and Dome's (4@ DE3175). I am at superbrightleds.com, and having a little trouble.

Will the 3022-x9 fit for the Map and Domes (DE3175) or do I need x4's? They are also available in High Power.

Also the WLED (which replace the 2825's) there are regular and then High Power. Then on top of that they come in X1, x4, x5 and x6. If I select the x4, it asks me to select a viewing angle of 32 and 90 degrees????? Not sure which to get.

If you have done these, please advise what type you used and cost. I want to order, but man I am confused???? (eek2)

Anyone?????

Does anyone know if replacing the license plate bulbs on the 2010 is the same process?

I'm having a little trouble changing them, and the owners manual has no reference to it.

Thanks.

yeah i hope i dont get pulled over. i read somewhere that in ontario no vehicle can have a flashing blue light while operating, only snow plows. but mine stay lit all the time so i dont really know.. here in ontario sketchy laws and rules like these are within the cop itself to judge sometimes.. if i get pulled over for a warning or something ill tell you guys lol
Hey guys,
Just to let you know that here in Manitoba,Canada. it is actually illegal to have any blue lights in your vehicle. I got pulled over and the cop was nice enough to just give me a warning but he said that next time I will get a ticket. so, I had to change my blue LEDs back to normal :(

Hi Randy,
I like how your lights look. Do you know if the Touring model has the side marker light like yours? I'm assuming you have a GT model.
thanks,

i don't think anyone else mentioned this....

if you change out the interior dome and courtesy lights to LED they will NOT dim and fade like they are supposed to. for this reason i will not switch to LED on the inside.

Al

Dude that is sooooo wicked thank you for sharing, i have a black cx-9 i need suggestion on HID headlight and i will do this too

Back