NEPOC - 24 hours of lemons?

If they want to be a contributing member of the team, i think they should chip in for the cost... some... not as much as drivers... maybe like a 'donation' type setup wheres there not a set amount... but whatever they can spare would certainly help.

Also.. thanks for the tips elder!

what eva tires we needd i can get for either cheap or nothing...i'll be talking to my friend at american car care when i get home from NC monday...he may want to help sponser us...!

i can also get tires, rims, alignments dirt cheap through town fair tire with my commercial account.

Ok, so are people OK with paying up to $500, possibly $600 to make this happen, in addition to up to $500 for individual expenses (driver's fee, license, and helmet/suit).

I know we have potential to save money in lots of areas, but we need a commitment from 6 drivers up front, with some sort of non-refundable good faith deposit so we can get started. If someone wants to back out later, they would be in charge of recruiting a replacement and procuring funds. Money that goes into this car, does not come out. We can try to sell parts n stuff to offset the costs (before or after the race) but don't sign on expecting this to only cost you $300. It will be more. For starters, we need $400-500 for the car and $500-800 for the cage. That is $220/driver. How do you want to handle finances? People pay for things individually and submit receipts to a book keeper, and we'll balance things as we go? People cut checks and we pay from a single source once funds are available from all team members?
Either way works. I think the former may be the easiest, as long as we keep a detailed online spreadsheet that captures all the costs and splits. Though I'm also OK with an initial pitch-in fund (kinda guarantees commitment in the beginning right there).

Next on the agenda is storage. Where are we going to store and work on the vehicle? We've got people in CT and eastern MA so this is a tricky issue. We also cannot legally drive the car in Mass without a plate (which means passing inspection and proof of insurance). So aside from a joy ride or two, it would have to be trailered in Mass. What are the laws in CT?
We could chip in for registration in NH (Bruce? heh) and store it wherever. In NH, car insurance is not required. This would let us drive the car around...

For storage, I don't have any space, unfortunately, though my garage could be used to work on the car now and then.

Auto-X before the big day. I think the team should consider taking the vehicle to several auto-x events before July. All drivers should attend to get some seat time in the vehicle. If things break, they were going to break anyway and it will help prepare the vehicle. Right?
Auto-Xing the car would definitely be beneficial to discover issues.

I am commiting to this. I as an amateur driver I am assuming to part 2k for this whole venture and that would be including suit and hopefully with extra money.

I think we should have a spread sheet stating whom has given what money and we should try at-least to get funds for the car first from people so we can at-least guarantee to have a car if we find one that is good now/soon.

Still need a commitment of $300 per driver to get started on this. Plus we need to discuss where we are going to store and work on the vehicle. I don't have a garage so it can't be my place.

chris, i think this is going to be tough to pull together..? we also need a commitment for the cash for th4e car and repairs, tires etc...

$300/per driver gives us $1800 to start out with. That is enough to purchase the car and roll cage. From there, people will most likely be purchasing stuff individually and we will track everything. Expect to invest another $300 each. On race day, you'll need to account for a $50 license, $100 driver's fee, and your suit and helmet.

All told, it could cost each driver up to $1000 to pull this off. For the amount of wheel-to-wheel track time we will get, it appears to be a great deal, assuming we can keep the car on the track for the entire event. So far I have seen commitments from...

1) chuyler1
2) astral
3) Mr. 4500 RPM
4)
5)
6)

$300/per driver gives us $1800 to start out with. That is enough to purchase the car and roll cage. From there, people will most likely be purchasing stuff individually and we will track everything. Expect to invest another $300 each. On race day, you'll need to account for a $50 license, $100 driver's fee, and your suit and helmet.

All told, it could cost each driver up to $1000 to pull this off. For the amount of wheel-to-wheel track time we will get, it appears to be a great deal, assuming we can keep the car on the track for the entire event. So far I have seen commitments from...

1) chuyler1
2) astral
3) Mr. 4500 RPM
4)Greenblurr93
5)
6)

1) chuyler1
2) astral
3) Mr. 4500 RPM
4) greenblurr93
5) bazooka joe
6)

one more!

Alright, whom is going to be collector of dinero and book keeper? If I had a better place and more central to everyone I would say I could hold onto the car. But I live in an apt for now so yeah.

Also are we doing hotel rooms and if so MAYBE book soon? I can offer Mass people a place to crash as well but note I am about 50 mins from the track. We can also all travel in my Jeep if I have it around here then. Might be the M. Just a thought to consider.

Have we somewhat decided on what type of car to look for? I know it is far off but yeah. And also who is committed to be in the team as well? Hambino I beleive wanted to drive as well but I agree we do need a contract. Maybe have some sort of thing drafted up so no one bails at the last min, besides money wise but you know what I mean?

Not digging the direction on this, if I do it all I'll bring my own kit.

Back