NEPOC - 24 hours of lemons?

:
07 F150 HD
We should do this:

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/neweng09/

NEPOC meet at the race.
I will personally paint gi joe NEPOC logos all over our entry.
Anyone?

lolz said:
PRICE

Entry: $500 per car + $100 per driver + $75 for non-drivers. (Each team must have 4-6 drivers.)

This fee covers registration, track time, paddock pass, track insurance, on-site ambulance crew, sweatshop-made commemorative crap, and anything else we come up with by then. Non-driving team members get all the same bennies except track time.
Not going to be working on a car or hanging out in any of the assigned pit spaces? If so, general-access paddock passes are $20/day or $30/weekend, available right at the gate. Grandstand-only seating is offered by the occasional track as well, but that's not something we have any involvement with--please contact the individual racecourses to inquire. Each track also has its own policy on children under 16 in the grandstands or paddock; again, contact the course for more info.

Each team needs 4-6 drivers at 100 dollars each. Plus the car would be 500 dollars, plus the entry fee is 500 dollars.

So if we had 10 people involved we could have like 5 drivers paying 250 each to cover their entry fee and the registration, plus 50 bucks each towards the price of the car. The rest of the crew pays 125 each to cover the other half of the car and their 75 dollar fee.

Its a bit pricey but could be a good time.......? I read about this in SCC a while back.

I read about this in Car and Driver as well. Didn't know they had expanded up here. I would be interested.

I could sell my honda to someone here for $500... and anyone that knows anything about this honda will realize the motor is far from stock... just needs a cage...

And they would need to 'sell' it back to me once the race was over.. or in the likely event it gets totalled.. just give me the motor...

EDIT: scratch that... the organizer can buy the car for 500$ if he thinks more than the 500$ limit was spent... nevermind... not losing a 400HP integra motor... ill gladly donate the shell and wheels though..

Last edited:
that sounds awesome.

i think the best bet for a car would be an old used police car or some other vehicle from a state auction.

my club was interested in doing this. i believe a member is working on getting things together. if I didn't already do so many events a year I'd hop on board.

Heh, not sure you would get it back in shape James since these are part of the rules.

Lights: Headlights, taillights, and sidemarkers removed
Side and Rear Glass: Removed

Also, I gather the vehicle in it's condition would need to be trailered to the race. Anyone of a real "garage" to work on the car?

Wanted to add, if anyone is interested, I can add my creative flair to the car with ideas, painting, and such.

my garage is emptyish now that the msp is gone...though its not especially huge.

Also I just remembered I have access to a dealer only auto auction. Its not a very good one and they constantly have cars going through there that sell for a couple hundred bucks.

jred do you have access to a garage in tolland?

I really like the A-team van idea.

3.1: Rollbar and Structure: Professionally made full roll cage...
3.2: Driver's Seat: Driver's seatback must reach above middle of helmet or higher...
3.5: Five- or Six-Point Harnesses: ...

In short, $500 for the car does not include all the safety equipment you are going to have to install, and if you want to be competitive you'll have to buy some new tires, brake pads, etc, etc. This is going to drastically increase the price per driver. The cheapest solution is to pick a car that has a pre-made cage available. That excludes most Mazdas except the RX-7 and Miata.

Are you trying to say that they don't make a roll cage for a GMC van? (lol2)

i was thinking of gas milage and reliability.... and a premade cage for my car is about 250$ and i still have functional headlights and taillights and glass... which can be easily removed... i was thinking i already have wheels, tires and suspensionand exhaust on the car and a junkyard motor in good condition runs a couple hundred... and it can be a b series which equals more power...

jred do you have access to a garage in tolland?
i'm sure i could convince my dad to let me keep the car either in their garage or in the family barn.

i vote for an 80s civic. bonus points if someone can find the 5 door hatch version.

Back