Need Change!! Honda style.

I know none of you a-holes really care, but I'm going to keep this thread updated anyway. :p

Painted the plastics flat black. Windshield wipers are finally black too - no more pealing garbage. No more chrome on the wing - yaaay, Lauri will be happy. No more pin stripe - that effin thing was under the clear coat so removing it was a f*ckin b**** ... and had to cover it with a black accent line because it looked like complete sh*t in a few spots.

Got an all new rear sub frame with a sway bar and endlinks. Talk to one mechanic and he suggested to just remove rust and paint the current one - safer/cheaper as the current bolts might not budge. Thoughts? Suggestions? I really want to replace the whole thing and be done with it, but I have a feeling it'll cost me quite a bit.

Did not put 1/2" spacers yet - ordered a set of 1" ones. Thinking 1" will go in the back and 1/2" in the front - should level out quite nicely and no more rub. Already got rid of fat chicks, but keep getting fat dudes in the car so have to accommodate for those. GOSH.

Front SS bar was not painted as it would probably peel very soon. Thinking about powder coating it, but really don't want to take it off... Not sure how long the whole process takes and whether I can just drive somewhere, do it, and come back with it. Guessing there is some kind of curing process, etc, so I can't slap the light on it right away.

Ordered the roof rails. Once I get those on - getting board attachments and I'll be ready for the winter. 4 boards or 6 ski sets. fffuuuuuug yes! This is going to be a good winter. :)

So you removed the pinstripe then added a "black accent line"? Isn't that called a pinstripe? :D

how did i not see this thread before?! haha

the V looks badass!!

funny thing was i have been joking with friends all summer that next year after the 3 has been paid off, ill get flares, lift it, put a row of spotlights on the roof rack, build/fit a custom bull bar and pretty much everything you have done to the V hahahaha

So you removed the pinstripe then added a "black accent line"? Isn't that called a pinstripe? :D

SHUT UP!!!
hahahaa
This one is a lot more subtle and not etched into the friggin paint. I'm still pissed about how poorly the old ones was done.

how did i not see this thread before?! haha

the V looks badass!!

funny thing was i have been joking with friends all summer that next year after the 3 has been paid off, ill get flares, lift it, put a row of spotlights on the roof rack, build/fit a custom bull bar and pretty much everything you have done to the V hahahaha

lulz.. not sure if you can pull off a jeep look with a 3. Even though mine is small, it's still suv-like. I'm curious what yours will look like though.

Now, lurking on the honda forums I have found a couple of lifted older civics... and they look like completed s***. haha

lulz.. not sure if you can pull off a jeep look with a 3. Even though mine is small, it's still suv-like. I'm curious what yours will look like though.

Now, lurking on the honda forums I have found a couple of lifted older civics... and they look like completed s***. haha

LOL, key is JOKING with friends haha :p

ALTHOUGH! these actually have planted that evil seed in my head LOL

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j363/mldouthi/DSC03747.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j363/mldouthi/DSC03746.jpg

http://js.nitrobahn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DSQUARED-Life-Ball-MINI-2011.jpg

Last edited:
I know none of you a-holes really care, but I'm going to keep this thread updated anyway. :p

Painted the plastics flat black. Windshield wipers are finally black too - no more pealing garbage. No more chrome on the wing - yaaay, Lauri will be happy. No more pin stripe - that effin thing was under the clear coat so removing it was a f*ckin b**** ... and had to cover it with a black accent line because it looked like complete sh*t in a few spots.

Got an all new rear sub frame with a sway bar and endlinks. Talk to one mechanic and he suggested to just remove rust and paint the current one - safer/cheaper as the current bolts might not budge. Thoughts? Suggestions? I really want to replace the whole thing and be done with it, but I have a feeling it'll cost me quite a bit.

Did not put 1/2" spacers yet - ordered a set of 1" ones. Thinking 1" will go in the back and 1/2" in the front - should level out quite nicely and no more rub. Already got rid of fat chicks, but keep getting fat dudes in the car so have to accommodate for those. GOSH.

Front SS bar was not painted as it would probably peel very soon. Thinking about powder coating it, but really don't want to take it off... Not sure how long the whole process takes and whether I can just drive somewhere, do it, and come back with it. Guessing there is some kind of curing process, etc, so I can't slap the light on it right away.

Ordered the roof rails. Once I get those on - getting board attachments and I'll be ready for the winter. 4 boards or 6 ski sets. fffuuuuuug yes! This is going to be a good winter. :)

After that comment I predict a snow free winter. You jinxed it!! But it works for me : )

Already got rid of fat chicks, but keep getting fat dudes in the car so have to accommodate for those. GOSH.

I think that's saying something Fez. Maybe drive something that'll get more chicks than dudes. Just sayin

HAHA!! I need to find more girls that are into snowboarding, but it's not an exactly popular sport in ohio..
Also, I will probably have at least 1 girl coming to Warrior dash - she's ~120lb so that will be ok.

I don't see how I could use a miata for mudding, winter sports, or warriod dash tailgating... I'm sure there is a way, but I'd much rather do all of that in a crv. :)

HAHA!! I need to find more girls that are into snowboarding, but it's not an exactly popular sport in ohio..
Also, I will probably have at least 1 girl coming to Warrior dash - she's ~120lb so that will be ok.

I don't see how I could use a miata for mudding, winter sports, or warriod dash tailgating... I'm sure there is a way, but I'd much rather do all of that in a crv. :)

ok next time you know of a warrior dash, let me know, i keep wanting to do a warrior dash/tough mudder but seem im always late to the party to join one or dont have anyone else i know doing it haha

ok next time you know of a warrior dash, let me know, i keep wanting to do a warrior dash/tough mudder but seem im always late to the party to join one or dont have anyone else i know doing it haha

Alright. You need to sign up way in advance though - just keep that in mind. I think I signed up early december for this coming one in august to make sure I'm in the first wave.
And today I updated to the competitive wave - start at 8.30 and all the beefcakes are doing it. Time to practice!!

Well, added camber arms in the back and 1" strut spacers.
Result: blow right rear strut. F M L
Now lurking the interwebs to find a longer set. But I have a feeling I'll be paying mad $$$ to get something soon.

well, added camber arms in the back and 1" strut spacers.
Result: Blow right rear strut. F m l
now lurking the interwebs to find a longer set. But i have a feeling i'll be paying mad $$$ to get something soon.

*cough**cough*

fez, haven't you learned to keep stuff mostly stock? You haven't had the best of luck in the past.

yea yea.. now I might have a radiator leak. That should have nothing to do with anything I've done to this car, dammit. :|
I'm about to switch to a bicycle.

At least Honda radiators are relatively cheap and easy to replace. Hell, even a Mishimoto upgrade will cost around $300.

Back