Need Change!! Honda style.

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
Since big3 is taking their sweet time with the car (/salty), I'm thinking about doing lil smth smth with the V (01 cr-v).

Stage 1. Coil springs = 1.75" lift. Nudge bar and some lights.
Stage 2. Summer wheels / tires. Something like Cragar Series 342 Black "D" Window?
Stage 3. Ski / board rack since I've been going to the mountains more often.

I'll need some help installing this stuff... will provide food / booze, etc. You know the deal.

Thoughts / suggestions?

1.75" lift? Go big or go home. Put a 6" lift on that bad boy. An don't forget all the spotlight for off roading at night. Oh yeah. An a snorkel so you can hit the deep waters. Then your in business.

it's a cr-v, not a jeep. It's also my daily / winter car. Unibody and reliability prevent craziness. :)

Fez, haven't you learned to keep stuff mostly stock? You haven't had the best of luck in the past.

I'm with the above post, didn't know you could mod a cr-v

You can mod anything. and this is the safest you can go without effecting steering, etc.
Also thinking a bug deflector and a rear "spoiler" thingy-do. It's pretty subtle, but adds accent.

And my V attacked me today. As I was getting in, I gashed my knee on the dash... gawd!

You can come to my place if you want, I have basic tools. I'm going to be working on mine saturday morning and have no plans for sunday

You can mod anything. and this is the safest you can go without effecting steering, etc.
Also thinking a bug deflector and a rear "spoiler" thingy-do. It's pretty subtle, but adds accent.

And my V attacked me today. As I was getting in, I gashed my knee on the dash... gawd!

i agree with you, Fez, you CAN mod anything!

and as for the attack, it's like Christine, it's alive and not wanting the mods!! ... or Shelly's Dad is sending you a sign to leave it alone ; )

You can come to my place if you want, I have basic tools. I'm going to be working on mine saturday morning and have no plans for sunday

Thanks, homes, but I won't have the parts for awhile. Springs are coming from Australia, grill is from somewhere else.
Americas have no <3 for the V. :/

So adding a lift won't effect the steering or handling characteristics of the 'V'?

You can mod anything, BUT should you, fez? Maybe if it was someone else :p

I didn't get into all the trigonometry and arithmetics, but from what I'm reading this is a safe amount of lift. Front brake lines need to be extended, need wheel spacers to clear the calipers, and possibly different lug nuts.
We'll see what else will be required when we get there, but I have a good feeling about this one. :p

So I come home tonight and see this - like WTF, what did I order when I was trashed last week?!

2013-04-03 20.48.48.jpg

This thing is heavy! and minimalist. Love it. There is a cover for the lights bar that is not painted so I'll have to figure out what to do with it, but otherwise this nudge bar is PIMP.

2013-04-03 21.03.22.jpg

And for the a-holes with their highbeams on I have a lil surprise. A flick of a switch and their high beams no longer matter. :D

2013-04-03 21.03.47.jpg

Was expecting this stuff to come in with the spring, but not about to send it back. Might put it on before lifting the car - will look dumb, but whatever. I can get away with anything in ohio. (mj)

wow, we're not going to recognize you when you pull up ... oh wait, we can hear you coming with 'the beats' from half a mile away ... LOL

with all these mods, you better be keeping it C L E A N!!

weeeellllll, if it's going to resemble a jeep I might have to keep it pseudo dirty ... hahaha
Although you are right, I'll have to buff out the scuffs and probably repaint the hood. It's pretty chipped. :/

weeeellllll, if it's going to resemble a jeep I might have to keep it pseudo dirty ... hahaha
Although you are right, I'll have to buff out the scuffs and probably repaint the hood. It's pretty chipped. :/

i'm not talking going THAT far, just wash it more than never : )

Back