MY Takata's are IN!! finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, our seats are pretty bad for track use, but comfortable for cruising.

I think too many people forget that the MS6 is not an Evo/STi killer. It's more of a Legacy GT type car for a better comparison. Go sit in that and tell me if the seats are much different. While I love the thought of more racing inspired seats in the MS6, I won't do it because I don't believe in compromising a safety system (side air bags) and removing the rear seats from a car to install seats. It's not worth it IMO. You may feel differently, so do what you like.

I would have rather seen you snag a set of RX-8 R3 Recaro seats so that they came out of a Mazda instead of an Evo. Oh well.

well the airbag situation will soon be fixed!! i have an entire set of regular 6 seats to rip apart and use for the airbag and seatbelt sensors etc.. its a little more complicated to make that part work!! but, since this isnt my daily driver anymore.. i can handle an airbag free car for now..

honestly, ive never seen the rx8 seats for sale.. and since there just generic racaros what would it help to pay more for?? these were cheap!! EVO guys just dump em cuz, theyre snobs..

If you can make it work, props to ya. I'm not quite sure how you're going to do the SABs, but go for it.

you pull either the entire air bag unit and brace it.. so it detonates in an open space.. or you pull the plug and add a 2 ohm resistor.. the only reason why i havent done that yet is.. the passenger side still has a seat sensor issue so.. even with both plugs the passenger airbag will be off.. so i have an entire set of seat electronics to raid!! im going to be working with a local mazda tech who knows my deal.. and theres also a few electronic reprogramming situations that are available.. but, hes told me to steer clear of those options..

AND who makes all our seat brackets and electronics TAKATA!! so i hope i can get some help from them if needed? well see??

ok now heres my opinion on what needs to be done to make your setup look better.. you have the back seat out which is Awesome!! i want to take mine out too but the wife wont let me haha.. but under the seat is ugly, its doesnt look good.. so all you need to do is get a good piece of carpet that matches the stock carpet of the car and fit it in, simple as that and it will look 100% better.. if i had your setup thats what i would do. and why did we have yet another 5 year old fight about whos car is better?? seriously guys to each his own.. as soon as someone posts up something thats "unique" here comes 1 or 2 guys bashing the user and making the thread look like a b**** fest.

Last edited:
Great harnesses, seats are so-so...I personally was never a fan of the Evo9 Recaros...will look a lot better if you do a rear seat delete panel like you find in the Honda world...that rear just looks, not good with everything showing...

Glad you are enjoying them though...

THANKS!! And Im not trying to fight anyone.. I have no idea what that was about?? (screwy) and he didnt say.. so??? well first.. I agree its not pretty but, its really not anywhere near done.. and theres several other issues to conquer as well.. i was either gonna use my extra Mazda6 trunk carpet.. to make a basic cover, or maybe talk to a local upholsterer I know.. also theres i high pitch whine that occurs when going fast.. i made a temp fix by using my old lexus trunk carpet and strapping it across the trunk brace.. these things will all be adressed in the future... I was just personally excited to get my ass strapped in right!! to take advantage of the power ive already got!! and i guess thats provocative for some reason? i dont really care im busy modding 24/7 (eekdance)

Just wondering, but what all is done to your car that you need to be strapped in like that, and please don't just carpet over it, spend the time to build a custom cover up and make a true rear seat delete panel...

I have full intake,CB exhaust,TMIC,COBB, lots of suspension brakes etc.. and mostly its the AWD.. you really cant take full advantage of it without this kind of set up.. ive added at least 10 mph to any turn.. and I weigh a little over 200 lbs so when I hit turns hard i get thrown ALOT!! yep, time to lose some weight, or CF hood?? well see??

I guess what I don't understand, is how the harnesses themselves added 10mph to turns...wouldn't the car of been able to take the turns at that +10mph anyways without them...

humm thats hard to explain without just putting you into one?? essentially its like your on a rolllercoaster seatwise.. and now your braking, acceleration, steering, and clutch are now NOT affected by your body movements.. so you have better control.. and since my car is AWD its a very different kind of handling than your car.. id just have to take you out and try and hit a turn hard.. and im ordering a passenger harness tomorrow.. most likely a sparco 4 point?? so ill be scaring others soon..

and i owned a P5 for 3 years, I loved that car.. theyre very nice..

i'm guessing since it holds you in the seat better it gives you more confidence to up your speed around turns. that is a flaw with the speed6 seats, no side bolstering. i'd love a nice seat that has those, but since this is my daily driver i can't sacrifice components like that so i'll just suck it up for now, maybe if i struck it rich, lol.

and somewhere i saw a site that sells a bar for the rear to attach the belts to if there was someone who wanted to do this but not take out the seat.

Oh, ok...I see...I guess it is more about the hold in the stock seats...the Speed3 seats I have really haven't given me that problem as they hold great, but I have never been in a Speed6...also, I know the side bolstering in those Evo9's isn't all that grand either...thanks for the explanation...you should get another Takata for the passenger so they aren't mismatched...

You can get a CG lock and it'll hold you in place MUCH better than you are without it. For $50, they're a great investment. Especially if you're not as gung ho on ripping seats out and whatnot.

I have the g-lock too.. It helps with the belt and tightening a little.. But, not like a good seat and harness.. I might put that up for sale if anyone wants to try it??

And speed6 seats are wide and fat!! Nothing like the ms3s you combine that with heated leather.. And you've got slide city, not good for pushing your AWD vehicle..

Last edited:
how much you gonna list it up for? pending pics and price i'm interested. mind you i can get one brand new for about $35.

i paid $30.. ill sell it for $30.. no time for pix on a small item, right now.. its your call..

does anyone else find that the pretensioner in their drivers seatbelt is overly sensitive?

i find it locks me in sometime to the point where i get scared cause i cant check my blind spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back