My engine is missing!

NC_MP3

OK OK, it isn't really missing, just out of my car lol. Picking up new engine Tue. Paid $1009 for it. 20K miles, came outa an automatic 2001.

Getting it out was no prob, came right out.

be sure to change the upper oil pan block and the metal gasket plate thingy that goes to where the engine bolts to the tranny, its different on the automatic engine than the manual one

be sure to change the upper oil pan block and the metal gasket plate thingy that goes to where the engine bolts to the tranny, its different on the automatic engine than the manual one

Will do, thanks.

Are you still selling the mp3 after the new engine is in??

Gonna try. Leaving hood, grill, struts, springs, clutch, motor mounts, rims on the car.

Hoping to get at least 12K out of it.

why u getting new engine?

Cause cheap turbo air filters are the devil!

You still selloing your carbon ti muffler ?

Yes man, soooo saorry to leave you hangin on that. Never had time to cut muffler off of car and check shipping. I will get that muffler off, weigh it, and check shipping prices asap.

i remeber reading a while back you made a tranny brace. If you dont need it, you can give it to me:D.

I would hope you could get 12k for it.

If your still selling stuff off your mp3 i might be interseted in your autoexe grill and awr endlinks.

Even if your not selling the endlinks, how did you like them? did it help get rid of the clunk.

No you can't have the tranny brace cause it is welded to the rear engine mount lol.

Endlinks were installed cause the stock ones would not work with the MS struts. They went on the front. If I am not mistaken most of the clunks come from the rear.

NC_MP3 said:
No you can't have the tranny brace cause it is welded to the rear engine mount lol.

Endlinks were installed cause the stock ones would not work with the MS struts. They went on the front. If I am not mistaken most of the clunks come from the rear.

i didnt relize it was welded in.

I though you had the rear endlinks, people say the clunk might also be cause by our weak enlinks. Just wondering because i didnt think and mp3 had them with the stock swaybar.

Just order 2 sets of AWR endlinks from protege5online.com They should work fine with the stock setup and they are cheap, like $30 a set. You can be the guinea pig lol.

60$ a set. I already though about it, but didnt want to buy them if they dont help.

I can probably take some while it is out. Nothing spectacular, just 2 steel braces to keep the tranny from rocking.

Good luck man. As someone who has had to do this before, I know how it is! Like TheMan said, the Main Bearing Support Plate (MBSP) which is what the oil pan connects to is different from the automatic engine version. Just transfer the gasket (metal) that goes between the manual transmission and the block over from your old engine.

Back