msp popularity

fr0st said:
err i dont think you can/should judge people by their ride..

i've seen some and met some great people and their cars or truck dont reflect how they are with other people

If you read my post you'll see that I say its not a hard and fast rule. I have a friend who has a pickup truck thats filled with garbage and soda bottles that he uses to spit his dip into, and he's one of the kindest nicest people you will ever meet.

What I'm saying is that first impressions count wether people like it or not, Your car does not have to be brand new or spiffy. Even if is old as heck at least keep the thing clean and have some pride in your vehicle. Don't treat it like a landfill.

When I was a salesman for Nissan, I took in some cars on trade that were so nasty I could not bring myself to sit in them to drive them to the used lot. It was just sad.

benben84 said:
Go buy a camry if you want an economy car. Doing that to an msp is stupid since they are not just an everyday car. It's like doing it to an sti, why not just buy the regular one without turbo!!

So a car with a turbo can't have a bike rack? (headshake

ChopstickHero said:
I've seen 1 in my area. Other than that, I see NONE when i'm driving around. The only time i do see them is when i go meet up with my MOCC members and my friends roll in with their MSPs. :)
I see a local Yellow, Black and a Ti on occasion. The local dealer had a Spicy for sale parked out front last year with 50K on the clock and they were asking $16,900 rofl. The planets aligned for this shot a couple months back ... and none of us are "local" :)
3%2031%2007%204MSP.jpg

Donas64 said:
If you read my post you'll see that I say its not a hard and fast rule. I have a friend who has a pickup truck thats filled with garbage and soda bottles that he uses to spit his dip into, and he's one of the kindest nicest people you will ever meet.

What I'm saying is that first impressions count wether people like it or not, Your car does not have to be brand new or spiffy. Even if is old as heck at least keep the thing clean and have some pride in your vehicle. Don't treat it like a landfill.

When I was a salesman for Nissan, I took in some cars on trade that were so nasty I could not bring myself to sit in them to drive them to the used lot. It was just sad.

well my last car before my msp was a 1989 dark blue carbed corolla with 200 000 miles on it..

look at the contrast ;)

Bala de Plata said:
I see a local Yellow, Black and a Ti on occasion. The local dealer had a Spicy for sale parked out front last year with 50K on the clock and they were asking $16,900 rofl. The planets aligned for this shot a couple months back ... and none of us are "local" :)
3%2031%2007%204MSP.jpg
That's is such a cool shot...

pluto316 said:
So a car with a turbo can't have a bike rack? (headshake
Dude, you have your own opinion and I have mine. I'm just saying why would do that to a rare car. Do you see Bentleys or Ferraris with bike racks?? NO, why? Because people would slap them for it. My opinion is the same with these cars, sure they are not $100k cars but they are cars that fit into a niche of people who care about being unique and not having something that everyone else has. I just think it's disrepectful to treat a car like that. Even if they had a camry I would still look down on them with the car in that condition.

fr0st said:
well my last car before my msp was a 1989 dark blue carbed corolla with 200 000 miles on it..

look at the contrast ;)

My last car was a 1996 Infiniti G20 with 170,000 miles on it and it was always clean as a surgeons operating table! ;)

P10.jpg

I've never seen another MSP before I bought mine, but just so happens that the 1st night out with mine I saw 2 yellow, 1 blue & a silver one. After reading some of the other post there's 2 other spicy orange MSP's in this area besides mine so that makes a total of 7 MSP in SW FL that I no of. Makes me wonder....

i just seen another black one in jacksonville, nc. only one spicy and no silver.
there was a blue one a wile back at a dealership. very few people know of them which is good. theres a lot of rumers about them, like we run 12's stock.... which would be nice....but thats the joy of owning a limited production car.(headbang)

i am the one that bought the blue one that was at todds. i live in holly ridge. when i first looked in jacksonville they had two silver ones, a black one, a spicy one, and the blue one which was the one i bought. i had a whole mess of them to choose from

benben84 said:
Dude, you have your own opinion and I have mine. I'm just saying why would do that to a rare car. Do you see Bentleys or Ferraris with bike racks?? NO, why? Because people would slap them for it. My opinion is the same with these cars, sure they are not $100k cars but they are cars that fit into a niche of people who care about being unique and not having something that everyone else has. I just think it's disrepectful to treat a car like that. Even if they had a camry I would still look down on them with the car in that condition.

A) A Protege is an economy car. I am not buying another one just to have a bike rack car.

B) Cars get dirty if you drive them.

mazda03maniac said:
i am the one that bought the blue one that was at todds. i live in holly ridge. when i first looked in jacksonville they had two silver ones, a black one, a spicy one, and the blue one which was the one i bought. i had a whole mess of them to choose from

nice, we should get a local meet going. i drove yours when i was at todds, what was up with it? it felt like the boost would hit strong then die down quick, i got mine from morton motors, then there was another black one at x-treme motors but it was beat on.

pluto316 said:
A) A Protege is an economy car. I am not buying another one just to have a bike rack car.

B) Cars get dirty if you drive them.
Yes a Protege is an economy car but the MSP is a special version of it. Whatever...I guess we just don't see eye to eye.

im down in port orange fl, ive never even heard of the msp till i went to the dealership looking for a speed 3. i parked right next to the msp and had no idea wtf it was. then left with it the same day. fun car to drive, never seen any down this way.

pluto316 said:
Man, you made the wrong choice there.
I've driven speed3 and I personally prefer my MSP w/intake and exhaust. I'm sure I would disagree after getting to know the speed3 after a while (MS3 is a sick fast car), but I'm 83K miles into MSP ownership and lovin' every minute. Plus the dude saved AT LEAST $10K.

I have seen two in Rochester, NY besides myself. One is a black mica and I haven't seen that car in probably 1.5 years. I saw a silver one once, also about 1.5 years ago. I saw them more often when I lived in VA for 12 months.

I knew the MSP was coming out before it actually hit the dealerships. My buddy was looking into a WRX, but he's bigger and couldn't fit in the WRX seat because of the bottom bolsters. We drove out to Syracuse to test drive the MSP and he fell in love with it. He bought it the next weekend. I bought mine while living in VA. I love having a car that no one recognizes and no one else has. Another reason why I am never going to sell it.

Back