msp popularity

benben84 said:
I see way more SVX's where I live, probably once or twice a week. But I also see way more MSP's than Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari. But don't get started on how many Grand Prix, Grand Am, and Taurus's I see. WOW!

I think a lot of that has to do with where you live at. The SVX was primarily marketed in the northern half of the country. Most were sold in the areas of Denver, Seattle, and Chicago. Florida dealerships only got a handful.

Dr.Sound said:
want a hard mazda to find? try looking for MS Miata. i see maybe 2 or 3 per year.
now THAT's a rare mazda.
still to this day i wish i bought one.....damn.

That's kind of funny, because Mazda couldn't sell them cheap enough to move them off the lots here in Florida for some reason. I saw 2 sit at a dealership for almost 6 months before they marked them WAY down.

I have one seen and ridin in one MSM (it was the same one)., and ever sense then I wish I had one ... beautiful car.

hmm here , from what i've heard, there'd be 10 msp's

4 yellow,
2 spicy
2 tit
1 blue
1black

and thats a relatively small region

i've seen so far, a spicy, a tit, 2 yellows (excluding mine) a blue(who seems to be modded alot) and a black which seems to stock

from what i know, some colours weren,t imported to canada.. blue is one right? is black too?

oh and around here, people that crave msp's are ricers..im sorry to say but it's the truth... and the majortiy think 2 ways on the performance side, they either think they pull ALOT harder than they do (when stock) or they didn't think they pulled as good as they (again, stock)

Fr0st

Last edited:
I see many more MSM's then MSP's. There is a Ti Gray MSM for sale by my house....soooo tempting

fr0st said:
oh and around here, people that crave msp's are ricers..im sorry to say but it's the truth... and the majortiy think 2 ways on the performance side, they either think they pull ALOT harder than they do (when stock) or they didn't think they pulled as good as they (again, stock)

Fr0st

Yea, I would have to say that the MSP does pull hard, but not like extremely hard. Hard enough to have a little fun around town.

I am still the only MSP around, and I never see any other mazdaspeed vehicles AT ALL.

I just saw a black msp in point this weekend and almost puked a little! It had a huge roof rack and rusted steelies on it and dirt all over it. It was a pitiful site! I was about to follow it and slap the driver!

i seen 2 MSM here.. one gray and one red..

and yeah a MSM would be nice.. atleast the engine it's tougher on boost to begin with.. and it's 6 speed :)

omg, u guys should drive one in the canyons. it's sex.
i have an evo and i was STILL impressed :p

I almost bought an MSM, just too impractictal but it was a great driving car. I would love to get one now as a strictly weekend car.

benben84 said:
I just saw a black msp in point this weekend and almost puked a little! It had a huge roof rack and rusted steelies on it and dirt all over it. It was a pitiful site! I was about to follow it and slap the driver!

How dare someone treat an economy car like a daily driver?! (mj)

pluto316 said:
How dare someone treat an economy car like a daily driver?! (mj)
Go buy a camry if you want an economy car. Doing that to an msp is stupid since they are not just an everyday car. It's like doing it to an sti, why not just buy the regular one without turbo!!

Its all about having a little pride in your ride. My P5 is the first car I bought after I got a real job so I value it dearly.

It puts in hard work, I just used it to haul cinder-blocks and 2X4's for a home improvement project, but you better believe that I'm gunna go over that car with a fine tooth comb this weekend and vacumme, clean and wash it.

I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they maintain and keep their car. Not saying that you need to go overboard. But I always keep the car in presentable shape. Because you never know who you'll have to give a ride too.

example: your boss at your work is getting work done on their lexus and you guys happen to be buds and they say, hey guy, you think you could give me a ride up the street on your break to pick my car up? I'll reemburse you for gas and I'll owe you one. Unbeknownst to you, your boss is also considering you for a promotion and sending your out to work with bigger and better clients.

You take your boss out to your ride and its filthy with fast food wrappers and drink cups, clothes and scrap sheets of paper and reciepts in the backseat, it smells funky and just looked unkept.

Not exactly the image your Boss wants projected of the company you know.

Not to say that a persons car should be the ultimate judge of character, but I know I can appreciate it when someone takes care of their ride.

saw a guy over here a few weeks ago..

he had a sti and man was it busted up.. bumper all riupped out, rust on a fender, uncountable scrates all away and millions of stone chips..

i wouldnt have given him 8 grand for a pos like that.. i never seens such a busted up subie.. it must have got like a millions miles on it... and from what i heard , he uses it on the track too..

benben84 said:
Go buy a camry if you want an economy car. Doing that to an msp is stupid since they are not just an everyday car. It's like doing it to an sti, why not just buy the regular one without turbo!!
now hold it. I'm definetly not saying its cool to trash your car. my ride is always pretty clean, NEVER food or garbage in it. But the MSP is a fine everday car. My wife and I have used the MSP as our ONLY car for years now. It has a little over 82k, and note I'm in Minnesota for zero degree days and snow. She even took her drivers test in it.

fr0st said:
you mean a MSM or an MSP ?
Had to be a MSM. MSP's didn't come in red...

My MSP is currently a daily driver and my only car, but I'm looking into a 2nd car so I can start "working" on the MSP.

Last edited:
i agree with donas64.. your ride is a direct reflection of you. say you see a chick in a bad ass rx-7, you think, damn that girls bangin and she has good taste. then the next day you come pulling up behind some old busted 88 honda civic with smoke puffin out of it and its the same girl. your not going to think twice. its sad to say but material possessions are a direct reflection of who you are. thats the american way, bigger = better = attraction = girls = poon. (bj)

err i dont think you can/should judge people by their ride..

i've seen some and met some great people and their cars or truck dont reflect how they are with other people

haha, i wanted a msp so bad, but couldent find one, the week after i baught my Pro5, the dealership i baught it from had a ti silver msp sitting in the lot.

Back