Mazda5 Sightings...

Saw one today at Mansfield National Golf Course (Texas) on my way to work, a silver one.

Matt

06_m-5_hehe said:
wait..how can you tell the difference between the touring and sports? the tourings have the ground effects, or "side moldings" whatever you want to call them.

The touring and sport have different rear "spoilers". The spoiler on the GT is longer than the GS. Also the GT has 5 spoke wheels where the GS has 10 spoke wheels

ZipCars are now using Mazda5's in their fleet.

I saw a carbon gray one running around Arlington, VA this week.

Sightings

I drove alongside another Platinum Silver '5' on the hwy yesterday coming back from the orthodontist. Identical car to mine complete with wind-deflector.
I must admit that viewed from the back, the '5' does look a bit 'nerdy'.....But the other views more than compensate.
Anthony

silverm5 said:
I live in northern california and I've only seen three 5s on the road. I sometimes get looks from people trying to figure what I'm driving.

Whereabouts are you here in NorCal??? I'm in the East Bay (Concord/Pittsburg) area, and I have yet to see another one around here...I'd love to finally be able to wave to another 5 driver :D

DAN

I think sales must finally be moving around here. I've seen three in the last week, after one in 2.5 months. White and red driving and silver parked. The red one saw me too and flashed it's lights at us and waved... I waved back :). That's the first red one I've seen IRL, I kinda liked the color.

dommo_g said:
Where did you see the white on driving? Could've been me.

Actually, I saw the white and red both right near my house (Parkerish) and the silver over on University and Dry Creek.

I'm pretty sure that you aren't a dumpy, 50ish woman (unless you have an online alter-ego), so I don't think it was you ;)

ladygrey said:
Actually, I saw the white and red both right near my house (Parkerish) and the silver over on University and Dry Creek.

I'm pretty sure that you aren't a dumpy, 50ish woman (unless you have an online alter-ego), so I don't think it was you ;)
No, but I wouldn't mind seducing a woman 20 years my senior. You know, just once.

So I guess it wasn't me. I'm up north. And I only drive it once a week to fill up the tank.

dommo_g said:
No, but I wouldn't mind seducing a woman 20 years my senior. You know, just once.

You're a rock star right?? You should be able to hook that up ;).

So I guess it wasn't me. I'm up north. And I only drive it once a week to fill up the tank.

Yeah, I don't make it up north very often...

7red7 said:
Whereabouts are you here in NorCal??? I'm in the East Bay (Concord/Pittsburg) area, and I have yet to see another one around here...I'd love to finally be able to wave to another 5 driver :D

DAN

I have only seen one so far and that was during the test drive. I'm up in Fairfield, so you might catch a sighting of me when I'm down visiting the woodworking store over off of Contra-Costa Blvd.

ladygrey said:
You're a rock star right?? You should be able to hook that up ;)....
I'm far from a rock star. But I can still hook that up ;)

Someone in a blueish-greenish one was getting tires or rims or both at the Discount Tire on 46th and Wads not too long ago.

dommo_g said:
I'm far from a rock star. But I can still hook that up ;)

Someone in a blueish-greenish one was getting tires or rims or both at the Discount Tire on 46th and Wads not too long ago.

I'd consider helping you out, but I'm about 10 years to young for you (shocked)

Burt had two of those tealish ones on the lot when we bought. They don't have any left, which means they sold those two, plus the three other (two blacks and another grey) that they had on the lot a month after we got ours.

dommo_g said:
Damn. First time I've ever been called an old dude.

Oh, sorry - hope I didn't send you heading for your 1/4 life crisis. You're the one that set the bar at 20 years older than you... I'm plenty old, just not quite *that* old ;)

saw my second 5 today. East bound on Hwy 80 through Fairfield. A green one. Both my wife and I did a "Hey Look" and pointed.

OK NEW RULES FOR Mazda 5 SIGHTINGS

Ok If You See Another Mazda 5 Coming At Ya Flash The Headlights...
Ok If They Are Beside You Just Knod Your Head Up And Down

Rock On

Just got back from Orlando - we didn't drive, we flew, but we kept seeing mazda5's EVERYWHERE!! I guess hertz down there rents them out. (along w/ H2's, mustang converts, etc) It was so nice to see them around. My brother from Jacksonville joined us in their silver mazda5. Great vacation overall.

meackerman said:
saw my second 5 today. East bound on Hwy 80 through Fairfield. A green one. Both my wife and I did a "Hey Look" and pointed.

I wonder if that migh have been me??? We were on our way to visit a friend in Sacramento that same day and take the 80 through Fairfield :D

Back