Mazda CX-5 sales numbers

CX-5 continued strong sales with 1,284 units sold in June in Canada.

Canada population: 34 millions
U.S. population: 313 millions
Just to show how good the CX5 is doing in Canada.

Since the launch of the 3 in 2003 Mazda is everywhere almost on par with Civic and Corolla in Canada.
IMO the 3 is a better entertaining car than Civic and Corolla, better looks, equipement, power and handling.
With my new CX5 this is our 4th Mazda between me and my GF and no complaints so far except for the smokey turbo on my speed3 that was change under warranty.

Now with the new "Skyactiv" technology Mazda will fix the most noticeable drawback of it's fleet, worst than average consumption.
I test drove a Mazda3 "skyactiv" they other day just for fun and it's almost on par with my GF Mazda3 sport 2.5 in terms of performance and get's a lot more MPG.

So now if they bring the new 2.2 diesel in north america it will be a sure hit.
I just have to find a way to trade in my 2.0 for the diesel without losing to much.

Article about sales of Mazda in Canada:

http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/1003511/mazda-canada-sales-increase-3-in-june-2012

Last edited:
There's also this article http://wot.motortrend.com/ford-esca...les-honda-cr-v-leads-year-to-date-228211.html

Still don't get how Ford Escape and Chevy Equinox make it to the top of these lists. Test drove majority of these cars and it came down to choosing Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, and Mazda CX-5 and made the obviously better choice, but the thing is buying a Ford or Chevy did not even cross me or my wifes mind as we were testing these vehicles.

40% of Ford Escape sales are from the old / outgoing model year then account more for fleet sales...

I imagine that CX-5 sales are being held back by shear production limitations. While Mazda wants to sell them in USA, remember they get better margins in other countries where Yen is stronger.

40% of Ford Escape sales are from the old / outgoing model year then account more for fleet sales...

I imagine that CX-5 sales are being held back by shear production limitations. While Mazda wants to sell them in USA, remember they get better margins in other countries where Yen is stronger.

Almost all of the Escape sales are the 2012 models and Ford has already been loading rental agencies with the 2013 models.

Mazda can produce more CX-5's, they just under estimated the demand off the rip. They have increased production as we speak. That being said, I do believe the sales numbers would be higher if there was inventory to choose from. Supply is still very limited. Can't get GT's at all.

Back