Looking to get a MS3 in the next few weeks..got a couple questions.

I'm busy Monday-Friday, but I am most likely going to buy this car on Friday. Theres another posting of a 08.5 True Red GT w/20k miles in PA going for $17,800. The carfax is CLEAN but it was bought at a auction from the dealership whos selling it. I feel a little sketched out by that, plus the Carfax didn't show all the regular updates, oil changes etc like the one in MD (The one with the SRI, rear lip and rally armour flaps).

I am going to print that ad out and bring it to the MD dealership and see if they will go for 17,500 cause I actually have something to back up!

Sounds like a good plan?

Hey Bro,

I'm just curious WHY your set on getting TR, I have connections if your not stuck on the TR...I just talked to my guys at Browns today and they have a 08 black with 17K miles, Don't know what the price will be but just throwing it out there.

I'm busy Monday-Friday, but I am most likely going to buy this car on Friday. Theres another posting of a 08.5 True Red GT w/20k miles in PA going for $17,800. The carfax is CLEAN but it was bought at a auction from the dealership whos selling it. I feel a little sketched out by that, plus the Carfax didn't show all the regular updates, oil changes etc like the one in MD (The one with the SRI, rear lip and rally armour flaps).

I am going to print that ad out and bring it to the MD dealership and see if they will go for 17,500 cause I actually have something to back up!

Sounds like a good plan?

Yes do exactly that, if they still won't budge tell them to hug a root and go buy a different car.

Hey Bro,

I'm just curious WHY your set on getting TR, I have connections if your not stuck on the TR...I just talked to my guys at Browns today and they have a 08 black with 17K miles, Don't know what the price will be but just throwing it out there.

Is it a 08.5? Let me know the price asap.

I'm set on a TR because it's the "known" color of a Mazdaspeed 3. Just like for the Subaru WRX/STi's is WRB (World Rally Blue). Plus you can definitely tell more of a difference between a regular Mazda3 than a TR MS3. Plus, it looks phenomenal in red!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't MGM and CWP the two specialty colors for the 1st gen MS3? The brilliant black (right?) and true red were also used on the regular 3 IIRC.

When I bought the car it was VTA, and I think that they put some sketchy plug in the recirc inlet and the turbo just sucked right in. Outside of that, I can't think of how anything could have gotten in there.

Wee little turbo + too hard a spring on the BOV = compressor surge = chipped and bent fins.....

defenitely

I'm set on a TR because it's the "known" color of a Mazdaspeed 3. Just like for the Subaru WRX/STi's is WRB (World Rally Blue). Plus you can definitely tell more of a difference between a regular Mazda3 than a TR MS3. Plus, it looks phenomenal in red!

yup. that's what the VA state trooper (five-0) said on one of their forums too (naughty) .

jaazzz kidding...no. really. cops like red cars.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't MGM and CWP the two specialty colors for the 1st gen MS3? The brilliant black (right?) and true red were also used on the regular 3 IIRC.

true red, and CWP were both used on the regular three, and MGM was used on other vehicles. Cosmic blue is the only color that is unique to the MS3

Just chiming in on prices here. I bought my '09 CWP Sport with 19k on the clock in June at one of those "fixed price" places. It was listed for $18,500 and I got it to $18,250 and they waived the $400 "dealer fees" BS.

Drove it home that day.

If you want give my buddy AJ a call and see if he can find out for you, tell him I sent ya.

Out of curiosity, what vehicles was MGM used on?

I was told that it was offered on a special anniversary RX-8. I originally was going to by the True Red and the dealership pulled around the MGM for a ride and seeing that in the sun with the new interior, sold me immediately.

Alright. I went to the dealership and offered them $17,650 and their listing price was $18,990. The salesmen took 20 minutes to talk to his manager and said the "best he could do is 18,455" it totalled out to $19,270 with tax and a bunch of bs fees. I walked away and the next day he called me back and offered $18,249.... I obviously denied cause that's still going to run me up to $19k.

To be honest, I'm going back to my Subaru roots cause I need the AWD and I decided to pre-order the redesigned 2011 WRX hatchback

Last edited:
Alright. I went to the dealership and offered them $17,650 and their listing price was $18,990. The salesmen took 20 minutes to talk to his manager and said the "best he could do is 18,455" it totalled out to $19,270 with tax and a bunch of bs fees. I walked away and the next day he called me back and offered $18,249.... I obviously denied cause that's still going to run me up to $19k.

To be honest, I'm going back to my Subaru roots cause I need the AWD and I decided to pre-order the redesigned 2011 WRX hatchback

The dealer will call you again with another quote, play the waiting game and see what happens. He will want to see if you will cave in. He has basically come down 750.00 but he knows he still has room to wiggle, be patient and you will get what you want.

Yeah I'll deff wait to see if they call. Probably not though, their manager was a a$$hole. Left a bad taste in my mouth for sure

Latest posts

Back