Looking to get a MS3 in the next few weeks..got a couple questions.

Hey James, Great to hear that it might be a winner!! Hope everything pans out in August.

OK, so I test drove the MS3 this afternoon. I looked at the exhaust and the tip was covered in exhaust fumes so it was black, then I turned it on and the exhaust definitely stock. I popped the hood and it had a COBB SF Intake, which to me was not a surprise. The rear lip was faded and the rally armour looked great. Interior was flawless as well. I let the car run on idle for a couple minutes and took it for a ride.

My first impression was damn...the SRI sounded AMAZING. Drove for about 10 minutes and when the road was clear, I floored it in 3rd gear at around 3.5k rpm. This thing pulled like a demon. I think the owner installed shifter bushings and a short shifter because it shifted smother and shorter.

Overall the MS3 was in phenomenal condition, handled great, power was smooth and the interior/exterior was great.

I can't buy the car until August, but the dealership will hold it for me once I make a deposit. So I hope everything goes through!

Nothing abnormal about the exhaust being black. It would be abnormal if it wasn't! :)

You can do wayyyy better then 17.5. When i bought my speed 3 (trade in at a bmw dealership) back in February, it was listed for 19k (07 speed 3 w/13k miles and a very very nice carfax). I walked out paying 16150 b4 tax. Typically, used cars are marked up 3-4k and sometimes more. Get all that you can out of them and remember don't jump for joy saying that you like it etc... because then the salesman has got you by the balls. Good luck with your purchase you will love the car :)

The dealership won't bring the price down because its a "fixed" price. Apparently the manager of the dealership said thats the lowest he can go...

Can I call bulls*** on that? Can anyone give me some tips on how to bring the price down even though they said it was "fixed"?

Thanks

Definitely bulls*** on the price, have you spoke to the manager himself or are you still dealing with a salesman. The salesman does not want to cut into his profit margin, they can come down on that price. Take your business elsewhere. If you can't make the deal on this car, don't rush you will find what you are looking for.

^^agreed. My girlfriend just picked up a used car for $4k under the book value. Definitely a buyers market still.

Yeah I havent talked to the manager. The sales dude kept on saying " Let me talk to my manager" and stuff. What are some good "excuses"/ or tips to bring down a price?

i've got an 08 cosmic blue with less than 29K that is modded, but i go easy on it. I'll sell it for 18500 bone stock with brand new tires. I'm in harrisonburg VA

Price

Do you know how long the car has been sitting on the lot, see if you can find out. Another thing they will want to try and move it, as it is coming to the end of the month. Screw the salesman, find the manager and make the guy a realisitc offer and see what happens. Remember their are always other ones out there.

If you pick a price that you will buy it at, say: "I'll buy it right now for $XX,XXX" that really gets them motivated to come down in price (I got my new MS3 for under dealer invoice doing that). Many salesmen get spiffs (a set dollar amount) for selling used cars, so the price isn't such a concern, as long as they didn't pay less than the price for a trade-in.

Last edited:
I paid 15,000 for my '08.5 Sport a few months ago.

It was one owner and in pristine condition, but it also had 40,000 miles and was from a private seller instead of a dealer, so you have to factor that in.

$17,500 seems high to me considering it is the sport. If it was a GT, that would be a decent price.

It's a 08.5 True Red GT. They said it's been on the lot for roughly about 2.5 week and the previous owner traded it in for a Benz. Anyways, I think I will definitely give them a FIRM offer at around that price. Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep you updated.

The dealership won't bring the price down because its a "fixed" price. Apparently the manager of the dealership said thats the lowest he can go...
Can I call bulls*** on that? Can anyone give me some tips on how to bring the price down even though they said it was "fixed"?
Thanks

search other dealership for a used speed3 in your area, if you luckly find one with the same year and less mileage...print it out (make sure it is still available) & take it to the dealership your dealing with. see if they can match it.

if they still won't budge...get the one you luckly found in the other dealership.

bottom line is...no one can make you buy it if you are not satisfy with it.

I'd research the blue book value a little more then name your price. If the dealership doesn't budge, walk out. If you don't feel that the price is right, don't give in. They have to know you're serious. In a few days, they may call you back with a counter. If not, there are other MS3's out there.

Thanks for the reponses fellas. To be honest, I've been looking for a 08.5 GT True Red for a couple months and I feel like this is the one.
I didn't talk down the price or offered a price to the salesman yet, but he is going to call me on Saturday to follow up. I'm going to offer him $17,500 and let's see if he'll budge or not.

Ill keep you guys updated. I really hope to purchase this MS3 by this upcomming Weds!

Last edited:
I would say he will go for it, 17500 is a fair deal considering he has to pay insurance on the car each day that it stays on the lot. If you need sales terms let me know I used to sell cars so I know the "game". Good luck either way.

Go offer the the 17,500 the last day of the month is tomorrow, they should take it so they won't have to carry into the month of Aug. Go to the manager and give him the offer, do not waste time with the salesman.

go offer the the 17,500 the last day of the month is tomorrow, they should take it so they won't have to carry into the month of aug. Go to the manager and give him the offer, do not waste time with the salesman.

+1

Back